Any neat 'Snacks' on DDP

okduke

Mouseketeer
Will be at WDW in Sept with the family on the dining plan. The 'snack' part of the plan seems fairly straight-forward . . . bottled water, banana, ice cream bar, etc. I'm wondering if there are snacks included that a rookie might not know about. So, please share your neat experiences utilizing the snack credits on the dining plan. Thanks.

My son and I used the plan last April and will be using it again in September.

None of the "fun" snacks are included in the plan. :guilty:
Funnel cakes
fudge
soft serve ice cream
candy apples
caramel apples
kaki gori
dole whips
school bread

We'll use a couple of our credits for popcorn and a Mickey bar or two.
However, I'm planning to save most of our snack credits until the last day.
I'll hit the food court before heading to the airport. That way we'll have a few snacks for the trip home.

I have a snack budget for yummy stuff that isn't covered by the plan. :yay:

What is included?
Fresh fruit
chips
mickey bar
soda
water

Are other ice cream treats included?

What else am I missing?

I would also love to hear about any other fun items you can get, and from where.
Thanks!

I really wish they'd change the snack items. Like one single piece of fruit..I'd rather get a fresh fruit cup.....no go. A bag of chips? I'd rather have a hot pretzel. What would it hurt to throw a price limit on it?? I think Disney really cheaped out on the snacks, considering the variety they have!

MinnieM3 said:
I really wish they'd change the snack items. Like one single piece of fruit..I'd rather get a fresh fruit cup.....no go. A bag of chips? I'd rather have a hot pretzel. What would it hurt to throw a price limit on it?? I think Disney really cheaped out on the snacks, considering the variety they have!

ITA :thumbsup2

Suggestion sent to Disney today....
Obviously, the Disney Dining Plan is a big hit. Couple of suggestions to make it even more popular (meeting customer needs) - just sending "requirements" now, so your technology department can begin to design the computer solution that will be needed...
Sug #1 - "signature" counter service (uses two credits) - for Pepper Market, Beaches and Cream and Sand Trap Bar/Grill - some other may also "qualify" - but this is a start list
Sug #2 - "signature" snacks - funnel cakes, beaver tails, kaki-gori, etc. - again, this is just a start list....

ehagerty said:
Suggestion sent to Disney today....
Obviously, the Disney Dining Plan is a big hit. Couple of suggestions to make it even more popular (meeting customer needs) - just sending "requirements" now, so your technology department can begin to design the computer solution that will be needed...
Sug #1 - "signature" counter service (uses two credits) - for Pepper Market, Beaches and Cream and Sand Trap Bar/Grill - some other may also "qualify" - but this is a start list
Sug #2 - "signature" snacks - funnel cakes, beaver tails, kaki-gori, etc. - again, this is just a start list....

PM is a one CS place right now, right? Let's not encourage them to change it to cost more! ;)

Beth

I think that would be fair to have a "signature" SC where we could use two SC's to get something a lot more yummy like a big sunday or funnel cake! Instead of a $2 snack it would be a $4 snack.

Beaver Tails don't exist any longer (at WDW) as far as I know. :goodvibes

mdhkitten said:
Beaver Tails don't exist any longer (at WDW) as far as I know. :goodvibes

Your right and don't get me started on the lack of Beaver Tails. As I passed the little wooden shed in Canada this past March, I looked very pathetic longingly looking and pouting for a Beaver Tail.....Just one.....please....Humph! :sad2: My only saving grace was ADR's at Le Cellier.

However back on topic....Not many people know that the steamed buns at Herbie's Drive In outside of LMA in MGM are considered snacks on the DDP....Love the chicken/mushroom one!

I think of steamed buns kind of like Asian dim sum. The bun is like a thicker wonton wrapper with filling inside. The filling options consist of barbeque pork, chicken and mushroom and lastly curry vegetable. They are very good and a nice little pick me up to keep you going in the park!

MinnieM3 said:

I'm sure the decision on what snacks to include is based on the wholesale, not selling, price of the item as well as how easy the snack is to prepare and store.

Most of the current snacks are high margin items.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter