Any new info on Tiki Room closure?

BriannaRuth

DIS Veteran
I see the Tiki Room is listed as closed for an unspecified length of time staring 8/6. On another thread, someone speculated that it would only be for a couple of days. Has anyone heard any reliable info on this?

I'm also wondering how this will affect the lines for Dole Whip. Normally they serve from both sides ... if the Tiki room is closed, will they also shut down that side of the Dole Whip line? Or will they keep the outside seating area and that half of the line open? Closing it down could make for an even longer than usual Dole Whip line!

I see the Tiki Room is listed as closed for an unspecified length of time staring 8/6. On another thread, someone speculated that it would only be for a couple of days. Has anyone heard any reliable info on this?

I'm also wondering how this will affect the lines for Dole Whip. Normally they serve from both sides ... if the Tiki room is closed, will they also shut down that side of the Dole Whip line? Or will they keep the outside seating area and that half of the line open? Closing it down could make for an even longer than usual Dole Whip line!

I'm so bummed out! I didn't get to check out the Tiki Room when I visisted in '16.
I put it in my agenda that I was going to get a Dole Whip and experience the Tiki Room while avoiding the crowds and sun at noon when I visit in August!
Now Tiki Room is in refurb and Matterhorn is down too. Boo! :(

Yeah, I just saw it mentioned in a post somewhere here ... if you go to Disneyland's US calendar, it's there, but you have to specifically bring up an individual date to see it. It's showing August 6 - August 15, but the calendar doesn't go beyond August 15.

Does anyone know why it's being closed? Maybe something to do with the new Tropical Hideaway restaurant going in next door? Since they just had the Tiki Room anniversary, it would seem odd that they would actually close it indefinitely.

That's funny because the app show a 10 minute wait for the Tiki Room for me right now. It's not even on the refurb list.

So, now that it is in the closed time frame, I was wondering if anyone had any info on the Dole lines and if the restrooms were open? I'm going next month, but it is supposed to still be closed.

Generally speaking when the Tiki Room is closed, the Juice Bar is closed for refurbishment at the same time, but you can still get Dole Whip at the Disneyland Hotel in the coffee shop apparently.

Yeah, I just saw it mentioned in a post somewhere here ... if you go to Disneyland's US calendar, it's there, but you have to specifically bring up an individual date to see it. It's showing August 6 - August 15, but the calendar doesn't go beyond August 15.

Does anyone know why it's being closed? Maybe something to do with the new Tropical Hideaway restaurant going in next door? Since they just had the Tiki Room anniversary, it would seem odd that they would actually close it indefinitely.
It is for next door and to improve wheelchair accessibility so that the lift is no longer necessary, which will be huge, as ramps don't tend to break down like the lifts do.

So, now that it is in the closed time frame, I was wondering if anyone had any info on the Dole lines and if the restrooms were open? I'm going next month, but it is supposed to still be closed.
I never thought of that! DLH is going to have a run on Dole Whip lol.

Restrooms were already closed last week even while the Tiki Room was open, I would not expect them to reopen until after the refurb. Also, the Tiki courtyard and entrance was partly cut off by the walls for the Tropical Hideaway construction.

Generally speaking when the Tiki Room is closed, the Juice Bar is closed for refurbishment at the same time, but you can still get Dole Whip at the Disneyland Hotel in the coffee shop apparently.

It is for next door and to improve wheelchair accessibility so that the lift is no longer necessary, which will be huge, as ramps don't tend to break down like the lifts do.

Restrooms were already closed last week even while the Tiki Room was open, I would not expect them to reopen until after the refurb. Also, the Tiki courtyard and entrance was partly cut off by the walls for the Tropical Hideaway construction.

Maybe I'm confused. Is the tiki room closed now? I know Aladdins Oasis is for the tropical hideaway but is tiki room? It isn't showing on the refurb list for this weekend.

Maybe I'm confused. Is the tiki room closed now? I know Aladdins Oasis is for the tropical hideaway but is tiki room? It isn't showing on the refurb list for this weekend.

As already mentioned in the OP and other posts, refurb starts Monday, Aug 6. But courtyard is currently dissected by a fence and the restrooms already closed.

On a podcast the other day, I heard that the Tiki Room restrooms are being removed for the new ramp. They also stated that the Dole Whip/Bengal BBQ were going to be moved to the new terrace eating area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter