Any of you AFOL (Adult Fans of LEGO)?

With Galaxy’s Edge here at DL and opening soon at WDW, I thought I’d share my summer Lego project.

I haven’t built the new Lego UCS Millennium Falcon yet, but I was looking for a good way to display the huge kit and came across plans for Docking Bay 327 from the Death Star online. It looked pretty good, so I decided to gather the pieces and give it a shot. I just finished it and am really pleased with how it turned out, so I thought I’d share.

For scale purposes, the completed display is ~34” x 40” and consists of around 7,800 pieces. Hope you like it!

View attachment 422648

View attachment 422649

View attachment 422651

I’ll post more pictures once I have the Falcon completed and in place.

That looks incredible!

Mine isn’t displayed in something quite that nice, but I finished it just before Christmas 2018; took about 30 hours, if I remember correctly. I’d do a numbered section or two each session and did about 15 2-hour-ish sessions. I’m very deliberate and usually am somewhat multitasking with television in the background, so by no means was that quick.
View attachment 422657View attachment 422658View attachment 422659View attachment 422660View attachment 422662View attachment 422663View attachment 422664View attachment 422665
ETA: current setup
View attachment 422666

We are at about the same point as your 2nd picture so far. We pause sometimes for multiple weeks between lego sessions, so this could take awhile. Here is our current status…

C87107D9-3E87-46DE-9004-D111EB28D3BA.jpeg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter