Any one watch any bird cams?

dish rag

DIS Veteran
I find them fascinating. There is one that I drive by often that I watch, an osprey nest. There was an owl nest in Pennsylvania somewhere that recently showed a hawk come in and take the mother away from the chicks, was actually quite brutal, but in another way very interesting. Nature at work doing its thing. There are several eagle and falcon cams as well.

I find them fascinating. There is one that I drive by often that I watch, an osprey nest. There was an owl nest in Pennsylvania somewhere that recently showed a hawk come in and take the mother away from the chicks, was actually quite brutal, but in another way very interesting. Nature at work doing its thing. There are several eagle and falcon cams as well.

I don't need a bird cam. I had a maggot infestation in my compost. :laughing: (I actually just posted about it!)

I actually really enjoy watching birds, though I do most of it from my back porch. We have a lot of ravens, crows, blackbirds, starlings, jays, cardinals, chickadees, little woodpeckers, geese, pigeons, and the occasional oddity, such as a dove or a finch. Purple martins, if you catch them passing through on migration and even once a huge pileated woodpecker. That was a treat!

I'll have to check out some of the bird cams. :)

Between the Cornell Labs and Audubon I have plenty of cams to watch.

I watch http://explore.org. Sadly, the Sauces bald eagles at Santa Cruz Island lost their eggs due to breakage, with no analysis as to why because they couldn't safely get the shells from the nest in time. The peregrine falcons in Minnesota lost two of their eyases to black fly infestation. The other two fell out of the nest but are believed to,have survived in the trees below. The camera can sometimes spot the parents acting as if they're still feeding the young ones, but can't spot the young ones. The peregrines on the Transamerica building in Baltimore lost one eyas, perhaps attempting to fly into the glass. Two of the other three fell, but survived, but they're mostly out of range of the camera.

I've started switching to the puffin nest in Maine. I'm not sure when the egg is scheduled to hatch.

There are other birds and animals at that web site.

I don't need a bird cam. I had a maggot infestation in my compost. :laughing: (I actually just posted about it!)

I actually really enjoy watching birds, though I do most of it from my back porch. We have a lot of ravens, crows, blackbirds, starlings, jays, cardinals, chickadees, little woodpeckers, geese, pigeons, and the occasional oddity, such as a dove or a finch. Purple martins, if you catch them passing through on migration and even once a huge pileated woodpecker. That was a treat!

I'll have to check out some of the bird cams. :)[/QUOTE
Check out birdsofbreslau.com that's the one I've watched for years now. I drive past it often when I'm there and have a house along that river. That pair has been comimg back for years.

Surprisingly, I've never watched any bird cams. I think that's probably because if I did, I'd never stop-I'd probably be watching all day. I'm a bird watcher, and have been known to stand and watch bird activity for a long time, until my feet give out or it's just too hot. The idea of sitting in a comfortable chair, in the air conditioning-yup, I can see how addictive that would be. So where do I go to see some good ones?

Surprisingly, I've never watched any bird cams. I think that's probably because if I did, I'd never stop-I'd probably be watching all day. I'm a bird watcher, and have been known to stand and watch bird activity for a long time, until my feet give out or it's just too hot. The idea of sitting in a comfortable chair, in the air conditioning-yup, I can see how addictive that would be. So where do I go to see some good ones?
It's very interesting to see then bring a big fish or a rabbit into the nest and feed the chicks.

I've watched quite a few eagle cams. They are fascinating.

Nowadays i watch spooky videos and then unwind by watching kitten cams. :)

Love my local cam... the peregrine falcons on top of the DuBois library at Umass-Amherst (big red tower in image below). We had one pair that nested from 2003 -2015 and they fledged 37 banded chicks in that time. A live cam was installed in 2012 and it has been immensely popular. Sadly the King died over the 2015 winter and the Queen also did not return that spring either. But a new young pair has taken over the nest and this is their third year with chicks.

https://www.library.umass.edu/falcons/

umass_amherst_dubois_library_campus_center.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts