Any opinion about the movie Cats?

I went to see it on Saturday. I had mixed feelings about it. I haven't seen the stage production so had no pre-conceived ideas as to what to expect. The music was o.k. for the most part, the dancing was good. The worst cast member was Taylor Swift, she just didn't do a good job. The cast were trying very hard to be cat like in their movements and at times it was a little off putting and distracting. I could have done without the CGI, just because you can doesn't mean you should. I think they use it way too much now days and the transitions between the CGI and live weren't always as smooth as they should have been. Jennifer Hudson did a great job and the lead female was incredible. Would I see it again, nope. Would I go see the stage production? Maybe just to see what it's supposed to look like. Did I enjoy it? I didn't hate it. I love musicals and love to go see them on stage, I've found most of the time the movie doesn't stand up. The exceptions for me are the old movies like Sound of Music, The King and I. I even enjoyed the movie version of Phantom of the Opera with Gerard Butler and Evita with Madonna and sort of kind of liked the movie version of Camelot.

Cats is one of my all time favorites. I’m really disappointed they ruined it. The reviews are so bad I won’t see it in the theater...maybe not at all.

We went over the weekend. I thought it was fine. I have seen the theater version several times, once when I was a teen at the Wintergarden and then it just toured this season and DH had never seen it so we went. I thought it was very similar to the theater version, they even tried to give it a more cohesive story then the play since that really doesn't have one at all. I didn't think they were creepy like some people. I don't need to see it again, but it was about what I expected.

I didn’t like the Broadway show which was a huge hit so I have no plans to see the movie which is a resounding failure.

I know several people who’ve seen it and they have not had enough words to describe how much they hated it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!