Any opinion about the movie Cats?

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
Just wondering. It was a sensational hit on Broadway, I saw it then and I did not like it. I am not sure I will go see the movie.

I saw the Broadway version at the Fox Theater in Detroit many years ago, then saw the cruise line version last February on Royal Caribbean’s Oasis of the Seas. No desire to see the movie at the theater. Maybe when it is free on Netflix or Prime, maybe.

I wouldn't have much been interested anyway, but the characters look kinda weird. I'm not sure what it is - I mean, I know the Broadway show had people in cat costumes, but these are just too slick or something. They are very unappealing.
Yes! We saw a commercial for the movie, and something about the costumes was "disturbing" (to use my daughter's word).

Cats is one of my favorite musicals. I love the music. I remember the first time I saw it on broadway, I was mesmerized by the cats and their movements and Betty Buckley sang Memories. One of the most beautiful moments ever. I have seen it probably 5 or 6 times since then, every time it comes through Chicago or a local theater company puts it on. I’m sure I will see the movie.

I've seen the play several times generally at the request of visiting people. I tolerated it because I was the hostess but wild horses couldn't make me watch the film. A toss up on my least favorite Andrew Lloyd Webber production with "Starlight Express".

Though I do not do drugs, I did think the other day when I saw the trailer again that maybe getting high on pot and then seeing the movie might actually be a fun time.

Saw the live version on the Oasis and walked out after 15 minutes. Felt bad, but cruise time is valuable. Sad thing is I had read the reviews that actually the live show on the oasis and the cast and crew are amazing. For me it was just the story.

We watched a taped version of a Broadway production and didn't care for it.....the makeup looks amazing though.
DGD say the preview at Frozen II and she wants to see it

This is a total no for me. Saw the musical in person once and thought it was weird. Have zero desire to see this on the big screen. It's going to flop at the box office. If this movie had come out in the 80s, people would flock to it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!