Any opinion about the movie Cats?

Cats is one of my favorite musicals, I got my daughter into it too so we are both going to see it. We listen to the soundtrack fairly often.

I've never seen the live play, but always wanted to see it. I am definitely going to the movies to see it. I think the makeup effects look really cool.

I've never seen the live play, but always wanted to see it. I am definitely going to the movies to see it. I think the makeup effects look really cool.

Would that they looked as good as Avatar! I just don't think they captured the right look. It's hard to really say why though.

A one hit show. No thanks. I’ll just listen to my various recordings of Memory.

I saw it in London years ago and loved it. The movie looks unappealing, as those cats are creepy.

I've seen the real thing twice and generally like it. The movie looks awful, but we may go to see it in hopes that it's so bad that it's funny. With that said, we have the AMC stubs thing so we wouldn't actually be "paying" for it. Out of pocket - probably not.

The version of Memory that I've heard from the commercials hurts my ears.

I love the musical. Have only had the opportunity to see it once. I have the soundtrack as well. That being said, I won’t go see the movie. The costumes are definitely off putting.

Just wondering. It was a sensational hit on Broadway, I saw it then and I did not like it. I am not sure I will go see the movie.
It really should be something I like but, so far at least, I hate it.

Loved the play.
I love cats as a pet animal.
I even dig anthropomorphism in a totally not creepy way. Like, I I think Zootopia carried the story much better with anthro animals vs if they had presented them more naturally. Imagine if the characters from Zootopia were drawn like the animals from Bambi.

But this movie ... something like an animal uncanny valley. Too much like animals to enjoy the imagery of tay tay and the gang but too much like people to enjoy them as animals. it's like they got this mix exactly wrong for me.

View attachment 457196
The trailer makes me think of this to be honest. I think the cats are somewhere on the line between 'stuffed animal' and 'corpse'. It's a hard pass from me.
It made me think of a chart I saw about the catgirl spectrum. At one end was a person at the other a housecat and about 6 stages of catgirl in between with a line pretty close to the left delineating furry vs not-furry. This movie is more of a gift to the furry community (some fine people in the fandom, I'm sure) than Zootopia ever did.

The melody of “Memory” is haunting. I do like that.

It is the only thing to come from that play that I like.

Adore (real) cats. Hated the play. Not seeing movie for sure even though music is pretty.

I am right there with you. I could not get out of the theater fast enough the one and only time I sat through Cats. I would chew glass and die before I see it as a movie.

Back in the 80's we learned the soundtrack in Music class and I loved all the songs, but I've never fancied seeing the stage show. I usually go to 2 shows a year as they are expensive here in England, so I choose carefully. I am on the fence about the movie at the moment.

It's their faces. They are just...wrong. The totally human nose and mouth, with no real eye make-up or any real attempt to make the faces in any way cat like, with the completely cat everything else. It is unsettling.

Saw the musical when I was a teenager. I really enjoyed it then. But it was a live show with really unique costumes that were appealing! (key word appealing)

When I saw the trailer I really thought at first it was a spoof. It is just so bizarre and thought it couldn't be real. The more I see, the more I dislike it. Cats with boobs? No. Passing on this one.

My biggest beef with this movie is that, instead of this awesome cast getting together to realize an incredibly popular stage show, it feels more like they are using the stage show as an excuse to show off the cast. Taylor swift actually seems to carry the roll pretty well but there's so many in this cast that do not disappear into their roll.

For no reason at all Jennyandots and Bustopher behave exactly like Rebel Wilson and James Corden do in every one of their films?

My biggest beef with this movie is that, instead of this awesome cast getting together to realize an incredibly popular stage show, it feels more like they are using the stage show as an excuse to show off the cast. Taylor swift actually seems to carry the roll pretty well but there's so many in this cast that do not disappear into their roll.

For no reason at all Jennyandots and Bustopher behave exactly like Rebel Wilson and James Corden do in every one of their films?
I honestly think that is one of my biggest issues with it. It just looks like James Corden and Rebel Wilson will be the butt of fat jokes for laughs. Jennyanydots is one of my favorite songs, so I dread what they will do with that role.

The completely human nose and mouth just looks wrong. At least the theater makeup attempted to make them look like cat noses.
It's their faces. They are just...wrong. The totally human nose and mouth, with no real eye make-up or any real attempt to make the faces in any way cat like, with the completely cat everything else. It is unsettling.

Thank you! They just look insanely creepy to me, but I couldn't figure out why! You both nailed it! I won't be going to see it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!