Any other DISers trying to concieve? Reread OP for the QOTD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warning: mini-vent ahead :)

I seriously am starting to hate temping. TTC our first baby, it wasn't so bad. After all, an extra minute before getting out of bed is no big deal. Now, I wake up to Christopher talking on the baby monitor. Usually he's good for 5 minutes or so of babbling before he's annoyed that no one has come to visit him yet ;) So now I have 5 minutes to get up, get dressed, run to the bathroom, brush my teeth, and take my temp. DH says it's like watching a sprinter :)

But the funniest one - I work 24 hour shifts at the fire department. usually I leave the thermometer right by my bed so when I wake up I can grab a temp. This morning, we have a call at 6:30. So I jump up, throw the thermometer in my mouth, and am scrambling to get my boots on. I run to the bathroom, thermometer still in my mouth, then run for the ambulance. I end up going on this call with a thermometer stuck in my pocket.

And I wonder why my temps are screwy ;)

Ah, the joys of TTC....

So your CD1 (the frist day you bled) started 1/18 and you started your new pack of pills (the high dose pills) right? Then you stopped taking the pills on CD4. So today is CD11. My guess would be that because you started a new pack but did not finish it you might be experiencing mid-cycle bleeding as your body adjusts to coming off the hormones of the BCP. This cycle will probably be a wash as your body adjusts. Just make sure you keep track of your CD (cycle days) and if you go past 28 days by to much you might want to test.

As for ovulation...that could be tricky. Usually you ovulate 14 days into a 28 day cycle. Most women don't. I was usually around CD10 or 11 until I went on Clomid. But BCP stop ovulation and it can take up to 6 months for things to get back on track. Start using OPK's if you want to find out when you ovulate.

Also your cycle may not be 28 days anymore. When I came off BCP mine stayed 28 for about 3 months then went to anywhere from 22 to 26.

I hope I understood you correctly. It can be very confusing coming off BCP (especially if you expierence any of the nasty withdrawl symptoms).

Baby Dust to you and all the other ladies. I hope you all get your miracles soon :grouphug:

I'm so new to all of this and it's sooo confusing... :confused3 I did started charting this month as well - and yes, I'm at CD11. As for being on a high-dose BCP, I am not. I'm actually on a low-dose BCP (Yaz) as my GYN recommended this one for women with PCOS. I know this cycle is probably just screwed, but I believe I may send DH to get one of those OPK's while I'm at work today so I start figuring some of these things out. Thanks for the response!

Disneymooner, unfortunately I am pretty sure you should ignore this cycle and consider it a wash. Stopping pills part way through usually isn't a good idea as it does mess up the body. I am pretty sure your spotting is due to quitting the pack too early. I'd wait a month or so for AF to really show up and then start charting temps then.

Jen, are you able to temp at teh same time every morning and when you temp are you able to get at least 5 hours of sleep before hand? If you aren't able to temp at the same time with that amount of sleep, it might not be worth it to continue since your readings won't be accurate.

Allison, what time does your DH leave and what time does the lab open? I was hoping you'd be able to help out and get something to work out before he had to go to work.
Can your MIL stay in a different room? :teeth: You might get lucky and be able to send her off with your DS to get a little "alone time" in ;) I do hope you are able to find some time, t hough I am sorry the timing is bad

I'm with Denae Threemuskateers, test ;)

Hi everyone. I agree that temping/charting is the pits!

I finally started doing it faithfully last month-- the chart looked perfect. My temp shot up on CD10 (which I thought was a little early), but I had a bad cold, so we didn't BD and I thought maybe the sickness had elevated my temperature.

But now this month I'm on CD14 today and my temps are still way low. I have no idea what's going on. Is ovulation supposed to be this erratic? I've been off the pill (and it was low dose) for 9 months now!

Hi everyone. I agree that temping/charting is the pits!

I finally started doing it faithfully last month-- the chart looked perfect. My temp shot up on CD10 (which I thought was a little early), but I had a bad cold, so we didn't BD and I thought maybe the sickness had elevated my temperature.

But now this month I'm on CD14 today and my temps are still way low. I have no idea what's going on. Is ovulation supposed to be this erratic? I've been off the pill (and it was low dose) for 9 months now!

Once you O, your temps will stay high for a while. After O, mine stay up until a day or so before AF arrives, then they drop. Do you have any idea when you normally O? I O late so I normally don't get a postiive OPK until around CD17 or 18 and my temps don't jump until after that.

Elaine, DH leaves for work at 6am and the lab opens at 8 or 9 I think. I'll have to check the paper again. We'll get him in there...I plan on sitting down with him and figuring it out after our trip. If all else fails, there will be spring break coming up soon. I'd hate to wait that long, but we many not have a choice. For a while DH was going into work late since he doesn't have a 1st or 2nd hour class. But then he was told he had to be there when school started in case they needed a sub, so he has to go early even though he isn't teaching any classes until 3rd hour.

DisneyMooner, I agree, you probably shouldn't have stopped your pills mid-cycle. That's going to mess things up. Skip the temps and the OPK's this month and start all of that after AF arrives. Do keep track of your days, though, so know how long this cycle goes.

Jen, I totally agree about temping!! It's a pain! And OPK's aren't much better!! I've peed in a cup enough to last a lifetime!

Hey everyone, I haven't posted in quite a while, but I've been keeping up with everyone. We (DH & I) have started activly TTC, this is our first month doing so. I'm thinking about getting some of the home ovulation test kits to use next month. When would I start using them? How far into my cycle?

Good luck to you, Karly. I am not an expert on the tests, but you will get some good advice on this thread!

Denae

I haven't posted on this thread in months, but I wanted to stop in and say hi! I am so sorry to see so many names still on this board trying:hug: . It is also great to see some of the women who have always been such great cheerleaders. Just a quick update if any of you remember me. We have done 4 IUI cycles w/ Femera and then moved onto Follistim injections. My RE and us have decided IVF is our best option so I am just waiting for AF and then I start the BCPs. Very excited and very scared.

Karly: The OPKs will come w/ a sheet that gives you a chart for the length of your cycle and when you should start. If you have been charting, start a couple of days before your normal O. I have used just about every brand, and they all work so I try to buy the cheapest (I did not have good luck w/ the ones you buy on the internet for super cheap). My RE gave me alternate instructions from the ones that come w/ them and it worked great for me every month. Instead of doing it in the afternoon, I would use SMU (the second time you go in the morning). It was normally only about 45 min to an hour after the first time, and I always had something to drink w/ b-fast, but I always got a positive result each month. It was much less stressful then doing it the way the package tells you.

Hope everyone is well....
I'm hanging in...15 weeks on Friday I'll be and still a nervous wreck.. lol I'm anxiously awaiting the results of my NT test. I might find out the baby's sex next week, that will be thrilling. I have a heart doppler that I've been listeing to my baby's heartbeat with and of course last week I couldn't find it and I totaly freaked out. Then FINALLY after 20 minutes, I finally found it. my nerves are shot.. :rotfl:
I really hope you all get your BFPs very soon!!

Well, We're leaving for WDW early tomorrow morning!! :cool1:

DS is SO excited! Seeing him so excited has really made me stop and realize how thankful I am that I at least have one child to watch enjoy WDW. :goodvibes More and more I'm trying to get into the mind set that this second child may not happen. I still want a 2nd, but I think I need to prepare myself for it NOT happening. Maybe we will be able to squeeze in a little alone time...I can send my mom and DS off to the game room or something!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!! And Happy Mardi Gras!!

Beth and Christal, I don't recall seeing if either of you were doing another IUI this cycle. If so, good luck!!

Princess Tinkerbell...Good luck with the IVF!

Karly, I agree that you need to start using the OPK's a couple of days before you expect to O. Good luck! I hope your TTC journey is a short one.

Princess Tinkerbell, thanks for the info. I'm going to start using them next cycle and I'll use the instructions that your RE gave you.

Mickeyboat & Skuttle :goodvibes , thanks.

Good luck everyone!!!

Allison, I hope y'all have a wonderful time!!! I do hope you find time to get your DH to test. Maybe one day he can say he has a doc appt and go in late? I do hope you get your wish of having a 2nd child, though I know the pain of realizing it may be just one. I once hoped for three and it is quite an adjustment to think of sticking with just Dom.

Karly, good luck!!

PrincessTinkerbell, I do hope IVF will work for you! We had a few here with pretty good success, so I hope it will be true for you! Just sorry the IUIs didn't work out.

Allison-I hope you all have a wonderful time in WDW!!! I hope you and your DH can find some time to be alone.

Princess Tinkerbell-Best of luck with IVF!!! Keep us updated :grouphug:

Hi everyone. I just got an invitation in the mail from my friend for her baby shower. She is having her first at 39. So there is help Good luck with the ttc Jenn and Allison have fun in Disney. I know how you feel sometimes maybe having just one is okay

skuttle - Have a GREAT trip! BTW, I love that pic of your son on Goofy's Barnstormer - it's great! And, I know what you mean about sometimes thinking, well it might be just one for me. When I get down about TTC, DH reminds me how blessed we are to have DD and it helps.

Princess Tinkerbell - Good luck with IVF. Keep us posted.

I know I said earlier that I was counting this cycle as a wash, BUT....I find myself thinking and wondering and hoping anyway.:rolleyes: AF is due to visit on Superbowl Sunday (she's a sucker for those big events!), so I should be done with that wishful thinking by Monday. However, next week I have my lab appointment for the first of many IF tests, so I will look towards moving forward on that. Have a good week everyone!

Terri

Well, We're leaving for WDW early tomorrow morning!! :cool1:

DS is SO excited! Seeing him so excited has really made me stop and realize how thankful I am that I at least have one child to watch enjoy WDW. :goodvibes More and more I'm trying to get into the mind set that this second child may not happen. I still want a 2nd, but I think I need to prepare myself for it NOT happening. Maybe we will be able to squeeze in a little alone time...I can send my mom and DS off to the game room or something!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!! And Happy Mardi Gras!!

Beth and Christal, I don't recall seeing if either of you were doing another IUI this cycle. If so, good luck!!

Princess Tinkerbell...Good luck with the IVF!

Karly, I agree that you need to start using the OPK's a couple of days before you expect to O. Good luck! I hope your TTC journey is a short one.

Oh, I hope you have a GREAT time!! I'm so jealous!! Can I come too??

I checked in here over the weekend, and couldn't find the thread. So I posted about my terrifying bout with anxiety in a thread on the CB. Then I found out that the "long threads" were being taken away for a while, so I didn't really check back here. But then I got back on today, and here we are back on Pg 1!! :thumbsup2

Well, my RE decided to change things up a bit this month. We doubled my Clomid this cycle, and I went for US yesterday evening, and still only had 3 fairly good follicles! I'm not really complaining, it's MUCH better than the 1 fairly good follicle I had last month, but I guess I was expecting more. :confused3

So anyway, we're triggering this evening, and doing a double IUI this month, one tomorrow morning, and one Saturday morning. AND, we're using 2 different donors...:thumbsup2
The theory is that the little guys are "competetive" by nature, so they'll fight it out when they get in there...:rolleyes1 I guess we'll see!

Sorry I haven't had time to catch up on everyone, but good luck to all, and Allison, I hope you have a WONDERFUL trip!! Have a little extra fun for me!! ;)
-Christal

Christal - it will be like the Superbowl in your uterus! :lmao: Keep that in mind when it comes to naming that little one- Eli? Tom? (And I have been told Denae is a great name for a girl :rotfl: ).

Lots of luck to you! :)

Denae

Denae: "Superbowl in your uterus" You are hilarious!!!!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Christal: GL!!! 3 is awesome. My Re kept telling me what a good responder I should be and I always made just one. I hope the little guys duke it out right to where they are supposed to be. GL w/ the trigger. Do you use Ovridel or the mix your own HCG stuff?

Terri: Thank you for the well wishes! It wouldn't be TTC is we weren't always a little hopeful. I am in the same boat this month. We did try on our own this time, but it took me over 4 weeks to ovulate and if all that other crap didn't work, why would we be able to do it on our own all the sudden, but I am still kind of hopeful, maybe, stranger things have happened:) . I really hope this is it for you!

LisaB: Hi!

Rebecca: Yay!!!!!!!! I know this is very late, but congratulations!!!!

Elaine: Thank you, they were really hard negatives to take. But the RE learned from them and I feel much better prepared for the IVF cycle so something good came from them.

Karly: GL w/ them!!!

Allison: Have a wonderful time!!! Hopefully your DS will find an arcade game or something that he loves for some good alone time.

Dznylover2005: Do you like the doppler, does it stress you out more then it helps? I think I want one when the time comes. I hope you have a cooperative little one next week!!!

Jennifer

Allison - have a good trip! It sounds like a blast :)

Christal - Good luck. I have these pictures in my head of all these little swimmers with boxing gloves in some smackdown wrestling thing. Obviously it's a bit late, and I'm a bit tired.....

Princess Tinkerbelle - good luck with all of the testing. Sometimes I feel like they've had gallons of my blood so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter