Any other single parents Alaskan 08/03/2015

LauraMiller

Earning My Ears
my 5 year old daughter and I will be on this cruise and would love to meet other families, not just singles but it's a nice place to start with that common ground!

Aww, I wish! I completely understand. I'm hoping for the same thing when DS and I cruise Alaska next year.

I'd love to hear about your trip when you return. Are you going straight to Vancouver or Seattle? We're flying to Seattle, staying one night, then taking the train to Vancouver. We'll stay in Vancouver for two nights pre-cruise.

Wait! I think I know a single parent who will be on your cruise! If she doesn't see this message, I'll send her a pm. :)

C
Wait! I think I know a single parent who will be on your cruise! If she doesn't see this message, I'll send her a pm. :)

That's me!! Thanks for letting me know. My 9 year old daughter Amanda and I (Jen) are flying out next Friday for a few days in Vancouver before boarding the Wonder on the 3rd.

I'm assuming your name is Laura? Is this your first cruise? Where are you staying pre cruise? Any plans in Vancouver? We are visiting the aquarium on Saturday and going to see Taylor Swift that night. On Sunday we are heading to Steveston where Once Upon a time is filmed.

I would love to meet up sometime and chat. It's nice to have other single parents to talk wit. Several of the other cruisers on our trip are meeting on embarking day at the promenade lounge on deck 3 at 3pm too. Do you have early or late dining?

So excited to chat!

This is great to see we are able to find other single parents going on vacation at the same time. There is a chance you will be at the same table for dinner, how neat will that be. We are cruising in Sept and we can not wait. Have a great trip

Aww, I wish! I completely understand. I'm hoping for the same thing when DS and I cruise Alaska next year.

I'd love to hear about your trip when you return. Are you going straight to Vancouver or Seattle? We're flying to Seattle, staying one night, then taking the train to Vancouver. We'll stay in Vancouver for two nights pre-cruise.

Is it cheaper that way?

Is it cheaper that way?

I haven't priced flights into Vancouver; however, I heard it was more expensive to fly into Vancouver.

The reason we're flying to Seattle is because I'm using my Rapid Rewards points (Southwest Airlines) to book our flights and SWA does not fly into Vancouver. So, it will be cheaper to buy train tickets rather than fly directly into Vancouver on another airline.

my 5 year old daughter and I will be on this cruise and would love to meet other families, not just singles but it's a nice place to start with that common ground!

Hi there! Just wanted to make sure you saw my posts. I tried to message you but it wouldn't let me.

Is it cheaper that way?

When I priced flights it wasn't much more to fly into Vancouver than Seattle for me. When I factored in the time, cost to get to Vancouver etc... I decided to fly direct. Plus, I have visited Seattle and Vancouver looks like an amazing city. I'm really looking forward to our time there in less than a week!

When I priced flights it wasn't much more to fly into Vancouver than Seattle for me. When I factored in the time, cost to get to Vancouver etc... I decided to fly direct. Plus, I have visited Seattle and Vancouver looks like an amazing city. I'm really looking forward to our time there in less than a week!

Alaska is the next cruise I want to book......TOP of my bucket list! Have a fabulous time!

My DD and I went on the Alaskan cruise last summer. It was truly a trip of a lifetime! I SO want to return to that moment in time. We did the helicopter tour twice and I can't say enough good things about both trips. I booked them both because I thought one would be canceled due to weather, but we lucked out and went on both. They were both such different experiences. One glacier was very icy and we had to use poles to get around. The dog sled trip was snow, but she loved the dogs and the sledding experience. You will absolutely love it!! BTW… we wore short sleeves on the second one bc it was so warm! Have fun and cherish every moment!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter