Any pregnant cruisers this summer?

pclvnmcky88

Mouseketeer
I'm pregnant with my first and my husband and I are considering going on a Western Caribbean cruise on May 26th. I'll be into my 22nd week at the time we board and will not be in my 24th week when we get off so I'd be under DCL's standard. Due to timing and everything (military) this is the only one that will work, but I'm not too worried because my second trimester's been pretty easy so far. I understand all of the concerns about things like Zika and have been researching everything, and the locations the cruise is going don't have any level of travel notices on them. Obviously being pregnant I would take extra precautions anyway, or stay on the boat if I'm really not comfortable.

I'm wondering about cruising pregnant and what type of excursions I could do :)

We just got done cruising this past week at 12 weeks. May is going to be hot in Caribbean. So pack water and fans, your heart rate can elevate quickly. Any type of "tour" activity and anything you would feel comfortable doing at home. I'd probably avoid things with sharks and stingrays and things like parasailing and zip lines. We still haven't done the Western and we usually stay on the boat anyway.

We just got done cruising this past week at 12 weeks. May is going to be hot in Caribbean. So pack water and fans, your heart rate can elevate quickly. Any type of "tour" activity and anything you would feel comfortable doing at home. I'd probably avoid things with sharks and stingrays and things like parasailing and zip lines. We still haven't done the Western and we usually stay on the boat anyway.

Which cruise did y'all do? Were you were about mosquitoes? Yeah, I have been researching the port adventures and there are only a handful in Jamaica that I could do which is fine.

Which cruise did y'all do? Were you were about mosquitoes? Yeah, I have been researching the port adventures and there are only a handful in Jamaica that I could do which is fine.
This was just a 4 day on the Dream so just the Bahamas. Disney did provide mosquito repellent on Castaway Cay when you got off the ship. Don't recall seeing it any other ports or places on the island.

Disney is not allowed to ask that. HIPPA laws.

Sorry, that is wrong. HIPAA has nothing to do with it. And yes, DCL does ask if anyone is pregnant and has or will enter the 24th week. It is asked during online check-in and again on the heath questionnaire completed at the terminal. Documentation is not required.

OP -- I don't have any other input for your about excursions. There are a few threads around about cruising when pregnant.

Congratulations and enjoy your cruise!

/Were you asked to provide proof of pregnancy due date or what week you were in?

No one is asked for proof. They ask during online checkin and when you get there if you've entered your 24th week (aka are you 23 weeks).

Disney is not allowed to ask that. HIPPA laws.

Nothing to do with hipaa. That governs what healthcare professions can SHARE. Not what cruiselines can ask. And I'm not sure DCL as an entity has to follow US rules about things anyway.

I emailed Disney Cruise Line and they said that it's basically the honor system when you sign the contract. Those threads talk about the threat of Zika, and I understand the concern but it's been a year a half or more since it really got blown up and none of the countries the cruise goes to are level 3, 2, or 1.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter