Any recent Lyft/Uber experiences? (from Disney to Port)

RedStars

DIS Veteran
In the past, when I took DCL transfers, we didn't get picked up from the resort before 11/1130-ish (which meant we weren't to the port until 1-ish. We have an 1145 PAT and I'd like to get there for that time.

I'm thinking of doing Lyft this time around but I haven't seen anything besides anecdotal posts. Any recent experiences?

We're staying at the WL for 2 nights prior to the cruise.

(FYI: I currently have a Champagne tasting scheduled for 2PM. I REALLY want to do this tasting and this was the only time I could get.)

I am interested in this too since I’ll be leaving for the port on the 26th! :flower1:

We did Uber last October. That isn’t terribly recent but we did it and it went fine. We may do the same for this December.

We did Uber last week from a Disney resort to Port Canaveral and then back from the port to the airport. Cars were ready within 10 minutes each time. Really easy and nice.

Took Lyft on September 30 (I had a 10% off promo) from All Star Movies to Port Canaveral. Vehicle came within 5 minutes and we were at the port within 45 minutes. We also took Lyft (again with promo) to MCO with no problem.

I'm glad to come across this post because I'm very curious about experiences and how much Uber/Lyft costs from WDW to port.

I'm glad to come across this post because I'm very curious about experiences and how much Uber/Lyft costs from WDW to port.
I used the Lyft app to check the cost for a car at the time I would need it and, for me, an XL is about $125 (plus tip). We need an XL because we have 2A2K and 2 suitcases.

Has anyone done this later at night from MCO? We’re not getting in until late, 1030, and plan to go to port that night instead of staying on property. I have checked and it seems available at that time but looking for any experiences. Still thinking maybe on site then Lyft in the morning might be better but it’s likely the same travel time with magical express anyways...

Has anyone done this later at night from MCO? We’re not getting in until late, 1030, and plan to go to port that night instead of staying on property. I have checked and it seems available at that time but looking for any experiences. Still thinking maybe on site then Lyft in the morning might be better but it’s likely the same travel time with magical express anyways...

While there are pretty much always Lyft drivers "on", I'd think late at night it might be more difficult to get one to pick up a fare from MCO/Orlando to Port Canaveral because unlike during the day when ships are embarking and disembarking, the odds of getting a fare back to MCO/Orlando at night are most likely markedly decreased.

While there are pretty much always Lyft drivers "on", I'd think late at night it might be more difficult to get one to pick up a fare from MCO/Orlando to Port Canaveral because unlike during the day when ships are embarking and disembarking, the odds of getting a fare back to MCO/Orlando at night are most likely markedly decreased.

Thank you! I was worried about that... I'm thinking I might try to grab a value resort for the night and make my husband get up early for extra magic hours at Magic Kingdom then head back to the resort and grab a lyft. It's a non DCL cruise but we're coming to the parks for the day Monday before a late flight and I'm trying to squeeze every bit of Disney time out of it as possible LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter