Any recently refurbished one bedroom units at Old Key West?

EwwBeverly

Earning My Ears
Hi. I'm staying at OKW this summer and was wondering if any of the one bedroom units have undergone recent renovations. Also, is there a better part of the resort to stay at? Thanks in advance...

We are here right now and it is either building 65 or 15 that is completely walled off with construction equipment inside of it.

62 is directly opposite the HH. 63 and 64 are across the street and kitty-corner from the HH.

There is no 65. Must be 15.
You are correct, no 65. I went and drove through today and it is units 15 & 64 that are blocked off and being worked on. From what I saw they are also changing the siding to a dark yellowish brown color. Hopefully they paint it because it does not match the rest of the resort.

Came across this thread looking for info on OKW. Will be arriving here two weeks from today, Yay!
Wondering if there's been anymore news on this in regards to refurbs. Were they actually refurbing those two buildings and are they still closed? Can't wait to see the new rooms and what they look like, I didn't really care for the last refurb they did here, kind of plain and simple and to me wasn't very key westy, lol.

The refurb at OKW hasn't started yet. It is supposed to start this Fall. We'll see.

Thanks for responding! Interesting that the buildings were closed and looking like they were being refurbed but not. Wonder if they are open yet. I'm going in two weeks and requested the elevator buildings, wondering if there's only two choices or three to fill my request.

Ya I'm curious too! We will be there in 3.5 weeks, but first time staying OKW.
It's a non park trip. Best swimming pool for boys 9.5 and 11? Or perhaps good location? I can see lots of time in the community hall.

Ya I'm curious too! We will be there in 3.5 weeks, but first time staying OKW.
It's a non park trip. Best swimming pool for boys 9.5 and 11? Or perhaps good location? I can see lots of time in the community hall.

Its a good pool. Really like the outdoor sauna. When you exit & step out into the 95 degree, 100% humidity of central FL feels cold!

Thanks for responding! Interesting that the buildings were closed and looking like they were being refurbed but not. Wonder if they are open yet. I'm going in two weeks and requested the elevator buildings, wondering if there's only two choices or three to fill my request.
The main pool was best for the kids IMO. Games and activities as well as swimming. I also found that the counter service options were fairly slim at the other pool.
Renovations have already begun at OKW. The closed buildings were being worked on and were completely sectioned off.

The main pool was best for the kids IMO. Games and activities as well as swimming. I also found that the counter service options were fairly slim at the other pool.
Renovations have already begun at OKW. The closed buildings were being worked on and were completely sectioned off.
Thx! Hmm wonder if any rooms will
Be a available by aug 5th in building 63? That'd be awesome! But likely though I suppose not, lol. Have there been any pics of the new remodeled rooms yet?

We did stay at OKW 8/5-12, building 62. I didn't really notice any buildings closed off. But, I did ask at check in and they said there were no rooms that had been refurbed yet. The room refurbs are set to start in October. The refurbs that are current are the outside of buildings and such, but no, according to them, no rooms have yet been refurbed.

Going back 18 months they have been walling off buildings and doing things like taking ducting out, changing windows etc. This seems to be an ongoing programme of structural repairs and updates that has on numerous occasions been mistaken for room updates starting. They delayed the update due to negative feedback on room mock ups I have been told. I think the last Disney Files magazine said it's due to start shortly. If you want a refurbed room, you probably will not be guaranteed one until fall 2019 as it is a 2 year update. Then I think they will start on SSR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter