Any redommendations for requests at AKV-K standard?

vicki_c

DIS Veteran
I am in total shock that my "last minute" WL for an AKV-Kidani 1 BR came through today (33 days out). It's a standard view and I wait listed it about 3-4 weeks ago on a whim.

Any recommendations for something to request that's better than something else?

We've only stayed there once, in a savannah view studio, and we got advice here to request lower floor or 2nd floor near lobby and our room was wonderful! Right down the hall from Community Hall, very close to the lobby and the bus stop doors.

So any good advice for the standard view? I think I would opt for closer to lobby over anything else in particular, unless you tell me something smarter.

Thanks!

There are a few standard view rooms that get a view of the Pembe Savannah if that might be of interest. They are essentially on the fence line dividing the pool area from the savannah.

Try to avoid the area around the main entrance. We had a 2nd floor room to the left of the lobby and we were woken by the DME bus on a few occasions. Not very magical.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter