Any regrets on solo trip?

It was the best thing I’ve done for myself maybe ever!
My first solo trip was right after I separated from my husband. The trip was booked for both of us and I considered cancelling completely. Then I decided I need a vacation and just took his name off the reservation. Food & Wine Festival 2012, I had a great time. Of course there were lots of things to do. My next solo trip is coming up in December this year, I'm hoping my experience is just as great. You have to plan some events, dinner reservations, wine tastings, maybe a dessert party, but also give yourself some time to relax and just go with the flow. Definitely max out that AP!

the only regret is not doing it sooner!
I went to Las Vegas in Sept by myself and I had a great time. Most people I know can't afford to travel. I had somebody tell me sorry you went by yourself but I didn't regret it. I didn't have to have any air on in my room since I don't like a lot of air. I didn't have to hear anybody snore or hog the bathroom or get mad at me because I wake up early or stay up late and watch TV. I did what I wanted when I wanted. I've also gone to Disney alone and had a great time. I don't know why people think it's the kiss of death if you go by yourself.

I went to Las Vegas in Sept by myself and I had a great time. Most people I know can't afford to travel. I had somebody tell me sorry you went by yourself but I didn't regret it. I didn't have to have any air on in my room since I don't like a lot of air. I didn't have to hear anybody snore or hog the bathroom or get mad at me because I wake up early or stay up late and watch TV. I did what I wanted when I wanted. I've also gone to Disney alone and had a great time. I don't know why people think it's the kiss of death if you go by yourself.
HaHaHaHaHa! My frequent WDW traveling friend snores. I really enjoy going with him but YIKES. In Jan (2018) we booked the FW cabin so I could close the door.

I don't think many people think a solo trip is the kiss of death, but many people get lonely and many are shy, some are self conscious and from what I read on the boards many genuinely worry about what others may think. We are all different.

HaHaHaHaHa! My frequent WDW traveling friend snores. I really enjoy going with him but YIKES. In Jan (2018) we booked the FW cabin so I could close the door.

I don't think many people think a solo trip is the kiss of death, but many people get lonely and many are shy, some are self conscious and from what I read on the boards many genuinely worry about what others may think. We are all different.

A great room to get with someone who snores is the Family Suites at All-Star Music. I have a friend who snores like you wouldn't believe and I've gone on many a trip with him. Anyway, these rooms used to be two guest rooms, so the walls are thick. We put him in the bedroom and heard nothing. It was great!

I did a solo trip in 2015, it was 4 days/3 nights. By the middle of day 3 I was feeling a little lonely. I've booked a solo trip for this January, and I'm getting a bit nervous that I'll get lonely again.

Solo trips aren't for everyone. I think its a good idea to go when there are lots of activities to do, my first was F&W and the next one is early December for the Christmas events. At F&W I booked wine tastings, and food seminars every other day. I met some interesting people while sitting around World Showcase with my glass of wine. For Christmas I have the candlelight processional dinner pkg and a few adrs, including California Grill which I've always wanted to do but couldn't convince myself to spend the money when I was there with 2 kids. Just for me? Yeah I can do that!

I'm local and go to the parks solo all the time. I absolutely love being able to make up my own schedule, being able to change things on a whim, taking the time to explore little things I might otherwise feel bad about if I was holding other people up, etc.

The only recurring thing that I don't care for is dealing with quick service dining when it's really busy - trying to find an open seat while balancing a loaded tray of food, not feeling comfortable leaving my things at my table (once I've found one) to get up and get a drink refill or grab extra napkins or whatever. I usually just try to eat at off times (2pm instead of noon for lunch, etc.) and then it's a lot easier to deal with because it's less crowded. I don't usually do sit-down restaurants, just because that's not really my thing, but that might make things easier, too.

I do always make sure to bring headphones or earbuds along so that when the family in line next to me starts arguing or having an annoying conversation, I can just listen to music or podcasts on my phone and drown them out. I also bring external chargers for my phone so that I can play games during all the line waits without worrying about my battery dying.

Had a day and night alone very recently. Was kinda nervous at first. Forgot what it was like to do “alone”. Ended up having the most amazing day! Went wherever my whims took me, stopped and enjoyed everything around me as I went, and only wish I had more solo time. It was like a magical decompression:)

Thinking about a solo trip in early February to maximize my AP. Probably a dumb question but Has anyone ever taken a solo trip and regretted it?

I think I am up to 4 solo trips and I love every second. I usually do about 4 days. I haven't done anything longer but I don't see myself getting bored. I used to feel a little lonely but that's how I was feeling in life in general because I was getting divorced and it was hard seeing couples "in love" and stuff. But I powered through anyway. :teeth:

I am getting remarried and will hopefully be doing a bachelor weekend at either WDW or DL. If I can't find anyone to go with me, I would absolutely do it alone again.

Solo trips aren't for everyone. I think its a good idea to go when there are lots of activities to do, my first was F&W and the next one is early December for the Christmas events. At F&W I booked wine tastings, and food seminars every other day. I met some interesting people while sitting around World Showcase with my glass of wine. For Christmas I have the candlelight processional dinner pkg and a few adrs, including California Grill which I've always wanted to do but couldn't convince myself to spend the money when I was there with 2 kids. Just for me? Yeah I can do that!

With this solo trip coming up, I'm definitely planning a lot more to cut down on the loneliness factor. Including a trip to Universal one day.

I get six weeks vacation each year and pretty much everyone I know outside of my work only gets two weeks. So if I didn't go solo, I'd be spending a lot of time off at home watching the grass grow. I love my solo trips! I think if you like spending time alone, you will like a solo trip. If you are more social, it will probably feel a little off. Of course you can always keep in touch with people through text or SM if you feel the need to share. I have even been to Europe solo. No regrets at all.

For people who don't like going to TS restaurants as a solo, don't forget that you can usually order from the restaurant menu at any attached bar/lounge. Although I don't mind doing TS alone, I have done the bar/lounge route when I want to keep my plans more flexible and there is always enough people watching to keep me entertained. It doesn't have to be all CS dining (although for me, it usually is because I want to get back to the fun as quickly as possible :)).

My wife is a teacher so she gets the usual breaks off. We usually go on one summertime vacation together but I end up with a lot more vacation time left from Sept through December so I end up taking a solo trip.

I'm 55 and did a 14 night solo trip in September and it was the best holiday I've ever had. I'm not in the best of health and it meant I could take things at my own pace. I stayed in Port Orleans French Quarter. I never felt lonely and often got chatting to people. I live in the UK and all the Americans I talked to thought I was brave and adventurous going all that way on my own! I'm going on another solo trip next September for 10 nights and can't wait. I even enjoy the 9 hour flight there!

I just did my first solo trip in November and the only real regret I have is not doing it sooner! I was very tired by Day 5 though and missed my family (it was my first time away) so I think 2 nights/3 days or 3 nights/4 days is enough for future solo adventures.

Not a regret but was disappointed there were 3 water rides I could not ride solo at Typhoon Lagoon. I didn't know that was a thing! On the flip side...LOVED LOVED LOVED the SRL at Expedition Everest and Test Track.

Thinking about a solo trip in early February to maximize my AP. Probably a dumb question but Has anyone ever taken a solo trip and regretted it?
I’ve taken five solo trips in a row and definitely no regrets! I’ve only gone three times non-solo, so solo is the norm for me. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!