Any regrets on solo trip?

It's fun reading all your experiences! I hope kokomos is too. Are you still reading?

I can relate to so many of you.

Andrea; I did my first solo trip at 51 – 10 days. I'll be there in Sept, too. Maybe if our dates match up we could meet for a chat.

Like apxstitch my only regret is that I didn't do it sooner.

DisneyFan2013; I'm heading for my 6th solo and then one with friends. Solo is the norm for me, too.

I just politely asked random twosomes if I could join their family for a brief time. :-)

I did too ;). One of the twosomes offered to ride again with me. I accepted! Then when we got to the line again there was another single looking for a partner (her husband wouldn't ride). So, not only did we ride that ride together, we moved over & rode the other two rides together.:grouphug: .It is the happiest place on earth after all :hug::wizard:

I did a four-day solo trip just this past September, also to maximize the AP. What I wouldn't give to have another one this spring! Alas, too much other travel is already planned...maybe I can swing another in July... ;) It was so peaceful and quiet at POFQ, and I met SO MANY delightful people on that trip. The only regret was the short duration.

Mine is cringe. I got my first taste of disney as an adult in christmas of 2015. I've taken around a dozen trips back since. My second trip was after the holidays and I had done well with work plus was redeeming points so I decided to treat myself to a nice steak dinner. Being that I was a newb, I completely overlooked disney springs for some restaurant chain strip restaurant and ate at the bar where they served drinks with extra in plastic containers. I got the nicest steak and paid for a round trip uber. I could have had saved ~$25-$30 by going to disney springs and had twice the service.

It's fun reading all your experiences! I hope kokomos is too. Are you still reading?

I can relate to so many of you.

Andrea; I did my first solo trip at 51 – 10 days. I'll be there in Sept, too. Maybe if our dates match up we could meet for a chat.

Like apxstitch my only regret is that I didn't do it sooner.

DisneyFan2013; I'm heading for my 6th solo and then one with friends. Solo is the norm for me, too.
Sorry I’ve been away for a while. Me and son went for 2 days in early December to be called back home. We found 9 month old granddaughter has brain cancer. They have removed the brain tumors and start chemo next week. Honestly not sure if I’ll make it back for a while but that sure made for an expensive annual pass. Prayers appreciated.

I took my first solo trip last month, Dec 9th through the 13th. I stayed at the Yacht Club and absolutely loved it! Though I'm married with three kids I was in possession of a single airline ticket I needed to use up plus we had a 5 day park hopper ticket left over from many years ago that we'd always had difficulty using as many Disney discounts such as free dinning require new tickets.
Anyhow, I was a little worried about going alone at first but I have to say, if there are any regrets it's that I've experienced a whole new perspective on Disney World that I'll probably miss when I'm with my family :) It's really hard to put into words the joy of being able to do what you want when you want. To be be able to eat wherever with no complaints, or ride your favorite rides over and over. I know everyone says this, but it's really so true and I think needs to be experienced before you can really appreciate it. Kind of like I never thought a single child could fully understand sibling rivalry :)
I'll also throw in some props for the Epcot resorts in general. To be able to walk or boat to Epcot or HS, or walk through Epcot and pick up a monorail for MK, it's really fantastic. I'm pretty sure, if I were at a resort that required a bus ride I might not have returned an evening or two for fireworks, to be able to walk there is almost priceless.
I'm also not a big photographer but found myself wanting to take many scenic pictures, imagine! One of my favorites was standing outside of Test Track and waiting for a monorail to approach silhouetted against Spaceship earth. And all the Christmas decorations that I might otherwise miss rushing from ride to ride with the family, just spectacular. In fact, one time I was waiting at Epcot for a monorail to head to MK. I was standing out on the very end by myself where a cast member saw me and was probably curious about why I was far from the crowd. I had been waiting for the monorail to approach for another nice picture but started talking to him and darned if I didn't miss the shot, ha ha. Anyhow I casually explained that to him and he GAVE ME 3 fastpasses to use, how awesome is that?
So, as I plan for another trip with the family during the heat of summer I'm also wishing for and reminiscing about being there alone, wandering through the parks in the cool winter months at my leisure, riding what I want, eating what and where I want and having a grand ole time.
Boy, maybe I am regretting it because I now sound so selfish!!

I went solo for 8 days in October-November 2017.

I dont regret anything. I am from Puerto Rico so it also was an escape from the Hurricane Maria. I didnt even have power at my home, so the best attraction was the hot shower!

Moving at your own pace is awesome. No time wasting, unless you WANT to waste the time.

Also, you can get an insanely amount of FPs. on my second MK day, I kept getting FPs that were due in half an hour or less, and good ones (Found lots of FP for Pirates, Big Thunder, even got 1 Peter Pan and 1 Seven Dwarfs).

For food, I used restaurants that have online order. Very easy and convenient.

I am planning another one for August. I want to go to the waterparks. It sucks about Typhoon Lagoon. Which 3 rides you cant ride? My guess is the Raft, and 2 of the 3 Crush and Gusher ones?

How about Blizzard Beach?

And do you leave a towel to save your spot in a chair?

I took my first solo trip last month, Dec 9th through the 13th. I stayed at the Yacht Club and absolutely loved it! Though I'm married with three kids I was in possession of a single airline ticket I needed to use up plus we had a 5 day park hopper ticket left over from many years ago that we'd always had difficulty using as many Disney discounts such as free dinning require new tickets.
Anyhow, I was a little worried about going alone at first but I have to say, if there are any regrets it's that I've experienced a whole new perspective on Disney World that I'll probably miss when I'm with my family :) It's really hard to put into words the joy of being able to do what you want when you want. To be be able to eat wherever with no complaints, or ride your favorite rides over and over. I know everyone says this, but it's really so true and I think needs to be experienced before you can really appreciate it. Kind of like I never thought a single child could fully understand sibling rivalry :)
I'll also throw in some props for the Epcot resorts in general. To be able to walk or boat to Epcot or HS, or walk through Epcot and pick up a monorail for MK, it's really fantastic. I'm pretty sure, if I were at a resort that required a bus ride I might not have returned an evening or two for fireworks, to be able to walk there is almost priceless.
I'm also not a big photographer but found myself wanting to take many scenic pictures, imagine! One of my favorites was standing outside of Test Track and waiting for a monorail to approach silhouetted against Spaceship earth. And all the Christmas decorations that I might otherwise miss rushing from ride to ride with the family, just spectacular. In fact, one time I was waiting at Epcot for a monorail to head to MK. I was standing out on the very end by myself where a cast member saw me and was probably curious about why I was far from the crowd. I had been waiting for the monorail to approach for another nice picture but started talking to him and darned if I didn't miss the shot, ha ha. Anyhow I casually explained that to him and he GAVE ME 3 fastpasses to use, how awesome is that?
So, as I plan for another trip with the family during the heat of summer I'm also wishing for and reminiscing about being there alone, wandering through the parks in the cool winter months at my leisure, riding what I want, eating what and where I want and having a grand ole time.
Boy, maybe I am regretting it because I now sound so selfish!!

It definitely is a completely different experience.

No argument over where or when to do something. Makes decision making so much easier.

But of course, no one to share the experiences with. So definitely some trade offs.

One thing I love to do on solo trips is to spread pixie dust and take family photos for people with their phones. Doesn’t take any time and you know you’ve made someone’s day.

I went solo for 8 days in October-November 2017.

I dont regret anything. I am from Puerto Rico so it also was an escape from the Hurricane Maria. I didnt even have power at my home, so the best attraction was the hot shower!

Moving at your own pace is awesome. No time wasting, unless you WANT to waste the time.

Also, you can get an insanely amount of FPs. on my second MK day, I kept getting FPs that were due in half an hour or less, and good ones (Found lots of FP for Pirates, Big Thunder, even got 1 Peter Pan and 1 Seven Dwarfs).

For food, I used restaurants that have online order. Very easy and convenient.

I am planning another one for August. I want to go to the waterparks. It sucks about Typhoon Lagoon. Which 3 rides you cant ride? My guess is the Raft, and 2 of the 3 Crush and Gusher ones?

How about Blizzard Beach?

And do you leave a towel to save your spot in a chair?
You can ride the family rides, you just have to find someone willing to adopt you. I haven’t had any issues getting adopted, but YMMV.

Sorry I’ve been away for a while. Me and son went for 2 days in early December to be called back home. We found 9 month old granddaughter has brain cancer. They have removed the brain tumors and start chemo next week. Honestly not sure if I’ll make it back for a while but that sure made for an expensive annual pass. Prayers appreciated.

I'm so sorry to hear about your granddaughter. Sending a hug and prayers your way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter