Any retired military on Tricare

jhoannam

Planner-aholic
do we have to enroll in Tricare Select? I logged in and the option to enroll wasn’t available, said we were enrolled until we each turned 65 and our girls until they turn 21.

I’m so confused, every thing I’ve read says I need to enroll

I use Tricare Prime. But I thought that if you didn't enroll in Prime, it automatically had you on Select, but I could be wrong. We were on Select for a while, but I had an ingrown toenail and they got me a referral. By the time it came through, my toe had healed itself, and it tried to set me up in Oklahoma, and I live in San Antonio, where we have plenty of medical care. So that's why I pay for Prime.

I use Tricare Prime. But I thought that if you didn't enroll in Prime, it automatically had you on Select, but I could be wrong. We were on Select for a while, but I had an ingrown toenail and they got me a referral. By the time it came through, my toe had healed itself, and it tried to set me up in Oklahoma, and I live in San Antonio, where we have plenty of medical care. So that's why I pay for Prime.

You have these switched. Select is the PPO version where you don't need referrals. Select is the one with the higher costs.

do we have to enroll in Tricare Select? I logged in and the option to enroll wasn’t available, said we were enrolled until we each turned 65 and our girls until they turn 21.

If you don't want to switch, your enrollment is "automatic." It's only required if you want to switch between Prime and Select, when you have to do it during open enrollment (which I believe ended yesterday anyway).

The new Tricare enrollment for select retiree to include payment is for anyone that enlists or appointed AFTER 1 JAN 2018. Are you already in the Tricare retirement system? Do you understand that with the Tricare select you will have a deductible and co pay and a max out of pocket every year? Tricare prime has the upfront costs for a family and does the PCM referral system.

The new Tricare enrollment for select retiree to include payment is for anyone that enlists or appointed AFTER 1 JAN 2018. Are you already in the Tricare retirement system? Do you understand that with the Tricare select you will have a deductible and co pay and a max out of pocket every year? Tricare prime has the upfront costs for a family and does the PCM referral system.
Yes, we actually spend less with Select. There have been a couple years we haven’t met the $300 family deductible. We are young with young kids, most of the years we only go in for well-exams. DH gets all his care from the VA, it’s just the girls and I.

If you don't want to switch, your enrollment is "automatic." It's only required if you want to switch between Prime and Select, when you have to do it during open enrollment (which I believe ended yesterday anyway).
Thanks, I ended up calling in, was surprised by the short wait, but if enrollment ended yesterday that makes sense I thought it ended tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter