Any rumblings on Maleficent float??

NikkiDP

DIS Veteran
I knew that it obviously wouldn't be a quick turn around, but has anyone heard anything as to when/if it will be returning??

No idea the damage, but it wouldn't surprise me if it just disappeared .. using the incident as an excuse to remove it (thus saving money (I am sure it is a more costly float to run) and potential insurance liability issues if it happens again).

No idea the damage, but it wouldn't surprise me if it just disappeared .. using the incident as an excuse to remove it (thus saving money (I am sure it is a more costly float to run) and potential insurance liability issues if it happens again).
It is supposed to return.

I knew that it obviously wouldn't be a quick turn around, but has anyone heard anything as to when/if it will be returning??

I just asked this on our keys to the kingdom tour...now it's just a tour guide but he said not to expect her until January...waiting for all the holiday parades to end :(

Not even a rumor.

That is so unfortunate lol.

It’s such a shame because I’ve never seen it and really wanted to!

It really is incredible to see. The float itself is beautiful and you add the fire feature and it is a sight to see for sure.

I really hope that doesn't happen. You do make a good point though. I know that a bunch of other fire features in other parks were taken out and checked after the incident but I believe they have all returned (don't quote me on that!). I think it is such a fan favorite though that they would be hounded constantly if it was taken away entirely.

I just asked this on our keys to the kingdom tour...now it's just a tour guide but he said not to expect her until January...waiting for all the holiday parades to end :(

I hope that isn't true! We are going down in November and I was keeping my fingers crossed for a miracle haha. Waiting until the holidays are over makes sense though since the parade changes to the Christmas one the last week of December anyway. Would be the perfect time to slip it back in after a short break and have the parade back to normal for the new year.

It is pretty awesome. I don't even watch the parades and I must admit to being amazed.

We like the parade in general, but on our last trip we pretty much just watched for the Maleficent part and then continued on with our day haha.

We're going in September...I keep hoping it'll be back by then even though I know it probably won't. Are they still ending the parade with that weird gazebo?

DEAD - pending any official WDW comment..... So WDW? Consider a PR officer. It does not appear that you have one.

When I was there last week, I asked a CM around the parade route that looked on the "important" side. The CM replied to me that the dragon will be in the "hospital" until Fall at the earliest.

I was at DLP late May, and their Maleficent float was not breathing fire, only smoke. I think fire breathing days in any park are over.

Laura

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter