Any rumors or thoughts on New Years Eve?

lampshadehead

Mouseketeer
Is there any hope of a park being open to midnight for NYE, or some type of celebrations? I noticed Sea World and Busch Gardens have hours listed already and they are open (haha I know not necessarily comparable) , but I can't convince anyone to go, its either Dis or nothing. Those boilerplate park hours should at least be extended, no?

I don't see Disney wanting to promote people to gather on their property at a certain specific time (aka midnight on New year's Eve)

They don't really have anything to gain except bad social media PR from all the pictures of the "crowds".

If anything . I can see them making it a special ticketed party event. They make money and can limit the crowds. But even then . I still doubt it.

I just cancelled my Poly theme park view room for NYE because I just know there won’t be fireworks. We’ll try again for next year.

Has anyone heard anything about NYE 2020 at WDW? We got Epcot park reservations a few months ago but we are wondering if any park will be open any where close to midnight. We have noticed a lot of restaurants did not have any availability for NYE such as CG when we made dining reservations earlier this week at 60 plus 7. Maybe some restaurants will be doing a special meal or small party type of thing on NYE. We are looking for something special to do on NYE at midnight while still social distancing. Worst case scenario, we will take a laptop down to The Boardwalk with a bottle of wine and ring in the new year that way at midnight watching the ball drop.

We have Epcot tickets for NYE. Last week a survey showed up
In my email. I usually ignore these (I know I shouldn’t but I do) but this one looked different. It was! It asked about 15ish questions about NYE...what would I be comfortable with...family friendly or more party atmosphere...it was the most specific Disney survey I’ve ever seen by far. Did anyone else get one of these?

OHHHHHHH! This is the best news! We'll be down there that week, at Epcot too, and we were part of the dining reservation fiasco this past week where I lost all my NYE day reservations. Now Epcot has literally NO reservations for that day. Something special happening would be super nice! I did not get that survey but wished I had! Wonder if they can turn this into reality??????

We have Epcot tickets for NYE. Last week a survey showed up
In my email. I usually ignore these (I know I shouldn’t but I do) but this one looked different. It was! It asked about 15ish questions about NYE...what would I be comfortable with...family friendly or more party atmosphere...it was the most specific Disney survey I’ve ever seen by far. Did anyone else get one of these?
I didn't get one, but wish that I did! Did it seem to be referring to a specific park?
ETA, that I have MK park reservations, swapped from Epcot a few weeks ago.

I got one of the surveys as well about New Year's Eve. I do remember it asking about which park I was going to on New Year's Eve. It also asked how I would like to spend New Year's Eve. It gave a few options to choose from. Some of the options that I remember were: in a Disney theme park, at a sit down restaurant, at Disney Springs, out by the resort pool I was staying at, in the resort lobby, or in my room. The questions were very detailed, and it led me to believe that they were trying to come up with a plan to do something for their guests during New Year's Eve.

With Covid still hanging around like a bad penny, My personal vote would be for EPCOT to be the NYE park as it's the easiest to implement social distancing and its huge so easy for people to avoid being packed too closely. DHS, - Too Small, AK, Fireworks would disturb animals and the MK just not enough room to socially distance without severely restricting capacity

We will be there the 27th-4th. This is the email I got:

Update for New Year’s Eve

Everyone here at Walt Disney World® Resort is looking forward to welcoming you at The Most Magical Place on Earth. As we continue to celebrate the season and enjoy the splendor of the holidays, we’d like to share information about this year’s New Year’s Eve activities.

All four Walt Disney World Theme Parks as well as Disney Springs are decorated for the season and feature extended operating hours. On New Year’s Eve, however, these locations will close prior to midnight as we continue to follow health and safety measures put in place during our phased reopening to help foster physical distancing.

New Year’s Eve Hours of Operation
* Magic Kingdom, 8:00 am – 11:00 pm
* Epcot, 10:00 am – 10:00 pm
* Disney’s Hollywood Studios, 9:00 am – 9:00 pm
* Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park, 7:00 am – 8:00 pm
* Disney Springs, 10:00 am – 11:00 pm

Your Disney Resort hotel will offer fun and festive activities. Full details will be provided upon arrival. Additionally, pre-recorded fireworks and other holiday offerings will be available to stream on in-room televisions to help you ring in the new year. You can even purchase a New Year’s Eve party basket designed for the occasion. View details or call your Travel Professional.

From all of us to all of you, Happy New Year, and may 2021 be your most magical year yet!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!