Any rumors when pirates will close...

I'm starting to wonder if for once the outcry against the recommended changes to the red head scene might have influenced the powers that be to discuss the change a bit more. We can hope, right?

Have they mentioned how long the refurbishment will last?

Oh I was hoping this change was just a rumor. I recently (finally) created an account here and forgot about this until I seen this post. I grew up with Pirate’s, orange county girl, so I went quite often and somehow I survived being exposed to that ...smh. Keep the redhead

Oh I was hoping this change was just a rumor. I recently (finally) created an account here and forgot about this until I seen this post. I grew up with Pirate’s, orange county girl, so I went quite often and somehow I survived being exposed to that ...smh. Keep the redhead
It's not a rumor, it is absolutely happening the only question is when. Disney made a public announcement about how it was time to change it & why it was time to change & showed imagineers renditions of what will be replacing it.

That April date makes sense to me. If it's expected to take WDW approx 3 weeks, DL could take it down end of April & have it open in time to have a grand re-opening for Summer kick off (Memorial Day).

It's not a rumor, it is absolutely happening the only question is when. Disney made a public announcement about how it was time to change it & why it was time to change & showed imagineers renditions of what will be replacing it.

That April date makes sense to me. If it's expected to take WDW approx 3 weeks, DL could take it down end of April & have it open in time to have a grand re-opening for Summer kick off (Memorial Day).
Well then seems like a change I will embrace... in due time. Think I’ll record it when I’m there tomorrow ~ nostalgia.

I’d like to know where you found this info as well.

I swear I had read that on the Disney Parks blog, awhile back now. I can't find it now tho. It had been April 23 to May 24th. DLR Guest Services will either give a date, or say they don't know yet.
So who knows at this point!?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!