Any solid information on bluetooth

icemann0220

Earning My Ears
I see the rumor of handsfree room entry. I'm thinking that's great when exhausted or getting in for the first time with full hands. Outside of that I have concerns of security.

If done correctly, it could be more secure than the Magic Band. The tricky part is that the lock would need enough smarts to know that your phone is inside rather than outside...

Been using Hilton’s Digital Key for over a year now. Keyless entry seems to be the future. Works really well. No fumbling for a key card and in this case using a Magic Band. Seems very secure.

What makes you dislike it?
Just the fact that someone could maybe see/hear the door open and get into ur room. Obviously we don’t know the details and I can imagine there being a solution but that’d be my only fear.

Just the fact that someone could maybe see/hear the door open and get into ur room. Obviously we don’t know the details and I can imagine there being a solution but that’d be my only fear.

The range is just a few feet.

Other hotel chains have used this technology for years. If it was prone to hacking or if it had led to rooms getting burgled, you'd have heard about it in the news.

This technology has been "approved" by the legal teams of Hilton, Starwood, and other hotel chains. That would never have happened if those companies thought there was any liability issues with regard to unauthorized entry to guest rooms.

I think it's great...but I can see someone who has OCD or something would want to make sure their door is locked. "Here hold this 10' away so I can check my door"

That really can't happen as you would have to be standing right at your door (within 3 ft) for the bluetooth to unlock.

I guess I don't see the difference between that and a magic band.
It's a proximity key like any number of new cars, and other home locks.

I'd be more fearful of someone following, while I'm trying to fumble with an old fashioned key card that I have to insert in the door 10 times before it actually unlocks. Damn it, red light again.....maybe if I flip the card around....damn it red light again. Maybe if I insert it slow then pull the card out fast?! Oh that worked!

There is a lot that can be done to know the device is inside versus outside to prevent false triggers.

I love the idea. No more holding wrist at an awkward angle...lol

What I can't tell is do the Magic Bands already have blue tooth in them? Or will those staying at the hotels to get it first need to get different ones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter