Any suggestion for a naga jolokia

bcla

On our rugged Eastern foothills.....
The seem kind of scary. I'd seen some for sale before, but there were extremely expensive. Something like a 50g clamshell for $5. The were market as from the Netherlands, where it sounds like they were grown in a greenhouse. However, I recently saw them sold loose for $5/lb - marked as from Mexico. I bought three of them, which cost about 25 cents.

I've tried an orange habanero raw before. Felt like my mouth was on fire for four hours. When I was asking about them at the produce section, one of the produce department workers was warning me to be really careful, don't get it in my eyes, etc.

Had no idea what this thread was about until I read the second paragraph. So I assume that you are referring to peppers? All I know is once my husband was handling hot peppers and thought he washed his hands well. We then went to the bathroom and next thing we all know he is flying out the back door and jumped in the pool. I guess he didn't wash the peppers off his hand enough. He said he felt like he was on fire.

MJ

Had no idea what this thread was about until I read the second paragraph. So I assume that you are referring to peppers? All I know is once my husband was handling hot peppers and thought he washed his hands well. We then went to the bathroom and next thing we all know he is flying out the back door and jumped in the pool. I guess he didn't wash the peppers off his hand enough. He said he felt like he was on fire.

MJ
Yeah - they're actually pretty scary looking.

800px-Bhoot_Jolokia_%28_Ghost_Chili_pepper_%29.jpg

So for your husband it was like the scene in Revenge of the Nerds?

You put what?
On their what?
That's outrageous.

OK - I tried it, but just a little bit of one I was really careful wearing a glove. I cut of two tiny pieces and tried them raw. The first one was at the very tip and it didn't seem too bad. Just a little bit of heat. Then I tried the next piece and it's burning really bad right now. I believe the hottest part is the membrane near the stem, and I'm kind of scared to try that. My tongue started to numb a bit.

Milk certainly helped. And beer.

Get after it! On the topic of hot, there is an extermely fun interview show on youtube called hot ones, where a celebrity/athlete/musician is asked 10 questions and before each question both them and the interviewer eat a hot wing covered in hot sauce which get hotter as the show goes along, finishing with a sauce custom made for the show from the hottest pepper in the world, pepper X.

Also a hint for handling hot peppers, please always use gloves.

OK - I tried it, but just a little bit of one I was really careful wearing a glove. I cut of two tiny pieces and tried them raw. The first one was at the very tip and it didn't seem too bad. Just a little bit of heat. Then I tried the next piece and it's burning really bad right now. I believe the hottest part is the membrane near the stem, and I'm kind of scared to try that. My tongue started to numb a bit.

Milk certainly helped. And beer.
May I ask why you’re even putting yourself through this? :eek:

I planted some Ghost Pepper seeds a few weeks ago, just handling the seeds made my hands and eyes burn. Something got into the greenhouse and overturned a bunch of my seedling pots and drug one of the pots that had pepper seeds in it outside. Whatever it was hasn't come back. I've been envisioning some poor squirrel eating that seed and spontaneously combusting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter