Any thoughts how the Run Disney Shoes will be sold during next months Expo?

Mac4life30

DIS Veteran
Was wondering if anyone heard anything. Hoping they wont do it the same way they did for the Princess. At 6am I was given Group 6 and told to come back at 4pm. Why?? Since at 2pm you already ran out of my shoe size.

I would like to know also. During Princess weekend we were given a return time of noon and sizes needed were already gone by then too!

I'm not sure if it's DL specific but during Tinkerbell weekend the only people being fitted were people that had made an appointment on the New Balance website ahead of time so you may want to check the website and see if they are doing that again. I'd love to get some Goofy shoes but they are nearly impossible to get, I'm not sure why New Balance doesn't make more shoes for the expos since they are in such high demand.

I'd expect it to be along the same lines, or they might go old school with a first come first served basis since EEC is the smallest main event. Either way, selling out of sizes is going to be an issue with expos since they're only going to transport x shoes of each size to the event. I would think they probably bring more of whatever tends to be the average size of most women, with anyone falling to either side of that average having more issues with getting shoes.

I know that at the Marathon in January the process went smoothly, at least for us. We got to the Expo about an hour before opening, stood in line then registered on ipads. About 2 hours later got a text saying our turn had come, went, got 5 pairs of shoes and left. And supposedly another shipment was coming in on Saturday and this was Wednesday. Not sure if it's been changed up since then.

This was just in the email sent out today

"As the official runnung shoe of runDisney, New Balance is thrilled to see you Make Excellent Happen during race weekend. Stop by the NB booth at the Basecamp & Bazaar to try on and purchase the limited edition New Balance runDisney Collection. No virtual queue sign-up necessary - just a good ol' fashion line; first-come, first-served. Follow @nbrunning on twitter for updates. "

"As the official runnung shoe of runDisney, New Balance is thrilled to see you Make Excellent Happen during race weekend. Stop by the NB booth at the Basecamp & Bazaar to try on and purchase the limited edition New Balance runDisney Collection. No virtual queue sign-up necessary - just a good ol' fashion line; first-come, first-served. Follow @nbrunning on twitter for updates. "

I guess good luck to everyone

I personally like this. The virtual queue just didn't work out for me during Tink this year. Hoping that its like this at Avengers so I can try again to get a pair.

I'd expect that they are going to do the virtual queue in some form or fashion at the Avengers. The Everest Challenge is so significantly smaller than the other events that it probably just doesn't make sense to try organizing anything more than first come first served.

I thought the point of the virtual queue was that they held a pair of shoes in the size you specified when booking your place?

I thought the point of the virtual queue was that they held a pair of shoes in the size you specified when booking your place?

This was my understanding as well. I did the virtual sign up and picked the shoe style I wanted and the size. When it was my turn I gave them my name and the NB person went off and got the pair that I had "reserved." I was then allowed to buy up to 3 more of any other style or size if they were still available.

So I guess with the virtual queue the idea is that Runners will at least get one pair of shoes that they want.

This was my understanding as well. I did the virtual sign up and picked the shoe style I wanted and the size. When it was my turn I gave them my name and the NB person went off and got the pair that I had "reserved." I was then allowed to buy up to 3 more of any other style or size if they were still available.

So I guess with the virtual queue the idea is that Runners will at least get one pair of shoes that they want.

I sure hope so, I only have one chance to get a pair of these shoes and we're actually arriving in the US a day earlier just so we can be up and registering for the virtual queue at 6am :rotfl:

Wait then question of the day what if your not 100 percent sure what your shoe size is going to be? I mean I am planning to maybe pick another pair at the Disneyland half. But one of the side affects of what I'm going through right now is shoe size change. So I'm not sure if what my shoe size was in January will be the same in September.

I mean are we required to put a shoe size down or can we put unknown down? Because this is a legit concern for me. I could always put down my old size or put down a size smaller for me but then there's the concern that won't work either.

Sorry I just kind of need to know. I have to more expos I can try this at (I'm doing Wine and Dine and Avengers). But I would like to get my shoes in September not November.

Wait then question of the day what if your not 100 percent sure what your shoe size is going to be? I mean I am planning to maybe pick another pair at the Disneyland half. But one of the side affects of what I'm going through right now is shoe size change. So I'm not sure if what my shoe size was in January will be the same in September.

I mean are we required to put a shoe size down or can we put unknown down? Because this is a legit concern for me. I could always put down my old size or put down a size smaller for me but then there's the concern that won't work either.

Sorry I just kind of need to know. I have to more expos I can try this at (I'm doing Wine and Dine and Avengers). But I would like to get my shoes in September not November.

Maybe you could go and try on a pair of NB shoes of a similar make at a local shoe store just before you go? That would have to give you a pretty good idea.

I'm very envious that you get another try in November!

FYI the shoes run on the small side. Both my daughter (who's 7 years old) and I needed a full size larger than we normally wear. I actually lucked out, because my normal size was sold out, but the larger size was still available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!