Any tips for increasing chances in getting picked at sword in the stone/ MK?

Puffy2

DIS Veteran
I keep asking my daughter what she wants to do at Disney and the only thing she mentions is the sword in the stone ceremony - hoping to get picked to pull the sword.

I know this is totally random, but does anyone have any tips on how they select the child? She is older (12) but has wanted to do this since she was 8.

I've read that Merlin is very picky--he choses the kids that are extremely well behaved. As long as your daughter is minding her p's and q's she should be just fine :)

Good luck to y'all!

This is one of the events I'd love to see someday.

I hate to tell you this, but I don't think Merlin usually picks older girls. He does look for a quiet child, front row, but every one we've seen picked (maybe 4 shows?) is a boy who looks about the age of 6. No hats. I guess this is to fit the story. My guess is that a boy in Arthurian clothes might have the best chance of all, but boys that age don't go for dressing up at the castle like girls.

He does pick out a teen/young adult (male) at the beginning who ends up having to carry the king's cape behind him. Maybe this influence always choosing a boy. .Maybe its because so many more shows are designed for the princess set that Merlin wants the boys to have a chance.

At one show, he also picked out a mentally challenged young man after the youngegr boy and put the cape and crown on him, and gave him a chance to pull up the sword. This young man may have been in his late teens, hard to say.

Anyway, just my experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter