Any USA entry updates?

Maybe this is a stupid question but does anyone know if I'd have to renew my ESTA once the travel restrictions will be lifted? I renewed it in Jan 2020 and it should be valid until 2022 but I don't know if the suspension of ESTA in the course of the travel restrictions means that I have to renew it once the borders are open again?
They haven't been suspended. The borders aren't closed. Travel into the US within 14 days of being in certain countries is restricted for Covid19 reasons. So if, for example, you were to leave the UK and take a 2 week holiday somewhere not on Trump's list you could then travel from there into the US.
I checked my ESTA a moment ago and it still shows valid till May 2022 (renewed a few months ago, after the ban came in).

It looks like there is a document ready...which just hast to be signed... by a certain someone ;) A friend of mine traveled to the US this week and got a special permit from the embassy.

I am still on the fence when to book my flights :(

Maybe this is a stupid question but does anyone know if I'd have to renew my ESTA once the travel restrictions will be lifted? I renewed it in Jan 2020 and it should be valid until 2022 but I don't know if the suspension of ESTA in the course of the travel restrictions means that I have to renew it once the borders are open again?
Let me ask and I get back here

That’s what I was told from airport staff If you go to the official ESTA site you can see the status and expiration for your ESTA visa. They are actually still processing applications as the travel ban proclamation does have numerous exceptions. It’s important that you have proof of your exception and it doesn’t hurt to actually have copies of this proclamation. If you Google your US counsel there are Esta FAQs and you’ll find tons of information.

Last edited:

But so know the airlines are on this week with possible bailout issues. Transatlantic travel is vital for them. I know a transatlantic corridor ( testing program) is being worked on.

Well...Virgin Atlantic have today cancelled my flights for November 2nd and 11th, so they're not expecting travel corridors to be open by then.

Well...Virgin Atlantic have today cancelled my flights for November 2nd and 11th, so they're not expecting travel corridors to be open by then.
Yeah I didn’t give an update. First of all it could be that they are simply reducing capacity based on demand. And as of October is usually when the schedules for airlines Change to winter schedules. Most airlines this week or last week made additional cuts And adjustments to their winter schedules. So I don’t know if it’s just your flight on that day or if they’re still not continuing service at all.But internally at the airline I am looking at the latest Infos this week is that nothing will change before the election. That is the feedback from our VP in the states 🤷‍♀️ of course how the number of cases develop plays a role. It’s all dynamic and simply frustrating. Especially the latest inner EU warnings. As an airline makes no sense. Example. Where I live I can commute daily to a German hot spot City but if I visit a friend in Vienna ( same number of cases) I have to quarantine. I know that airlines and other travel entities are adding more pressure via lobbyists in this issue. As I like to say “ its’s not where you are but your behavior”. A family having a finca holiday on Mallorca is less at risk than commuting on the tube !!!!

My VA flights for late Nov/early Dec were cancelled today, but I figured it was due to demand/that the direct flights don't make financial sense (for the airline) at present I've put in my request to change to non-direct flights (I'm a dual citizen).

Just FYI anyone travelling with BA in mid October. Today was our Pay In Full day. I rang BA this morning, long queues etc tried their web chat and got through to a person straight away. She has fully refunded our holiday booking because it is PIF day and the US travel ban is still in place :) now I just need to get someone to cancel my avios booking and we are officially not going to be in Disney on 17th October. Sad, but also relieved!

Correction!!! Most and many ESTAS have been cancelled. You need to check the website of your status. Most have new visas issued at consulate if exception is granted.

Ours still show as authorisation approved. Obviously we wouldn't be allowed to travel until they lift restrictions unless given the authority. :) Hoping we hear something soon, I am hopeful that we are fine though for our rescheduled honeymoon in April.

Correction!!! Most and many ESTAS have been cancelled. You need to check the website of your status. Most have new visas issued at consulate if exception is granted.
Interesting. I did a quick websearch and the only hits were for 4 years ago when it seems the US got in a tangle over 'non' e-passports.
Are people just assuming that as we are not allowed into the US (unless we quarantine in a non-barred country for 14 days before) their ESTAs have been cancelled?

I think it is more a case that he is busy trying to win his domestic battles. Non-essential international travel probably isn't even on his radar at present, so his directive just stands.
He's too busy...ahem, I recently got a warning for posting a political remark, so I'd better stay mum on that.

Attn mods: This is not a political statement but whispers within airline management by us is if the current President wins borders open sooner as a new President first comes into play in Jan anyways and will first review the whole process and that takes time. And if there’s transition of power many are anticipating chaos which might shift focus elsewhere. We have also found in other countries, Border restrictions pro or con in relation to Covid are not really politically driven.

US carriers Are putting more pressure on now Especially as they soon need more bailout. Transatlantic travel is vital for them too. For their routes and many foreign guests connect also into domestic routes.

Last edited:
Well, yesterday British Airways cancelled my return flight in October 2020, I requested a refund, Avios points instantly reappeared in my account and refund has just been credited to my credit card. There are different flights on my return day and the return ticket was less than £300, and still covered by the flexible guarantee policy, so I though why not take a gamble? ... and I have rebooked. Same dates but different BA flights. Meanwhile, the plan B flights to Athens are still holding. Now I need the US and U.K. governments to lift restrictions AND/OR the Vale of Glamorgan Council to lift lockdown, otherwise my Plan C to walk a big section of the Welsh Coastal path will also fail. Ever the optimist. When the highlight of my day, is likely to be the US Presidential debate, optimism is all I have left.😂

We have flights booked for Easter (BA via NYC, then down to the House of Mouse before heading back after the Star Wars weekend runs (hopeful I know)

Do we realistically think by then flights etc will be operating ?

Well, yesterday British Airways cancelled my return flight in October 2020, I requested a refund, Avios points instantly reappeared in my account and refund has just been credited to my credit card. There are different flights on my return day and the return ticket was less than £300, and still covered by the flexible guarantee policy, so I though why not take a gamble? ... and I have rebooked. Same dates but different BA flights. Meanwhile, the plan B flights to Athens are still holding. Now I need the US and U.K. governments to lift restrictions AND/OR the Vale of Glamorgan Council to lift lockdown, otherwise my Plan C to walk a big section of the Welsh Coastal path will also fail. Ever the optimist. When the highlight of my day, is likely to be the US Presidential debate, optimism is all I have left.😂

I have found my twin :Pinkbounc fingers and toes and everything else crossed for you, as if you can go then I can go.

Original June flights to LAX for Disneyland California
June rebooked to October
October rebooked to November, lets try for Dapper Day November 15

Aer Lingus have no charge for change of date for flights booked up to December 31, so right now I'm just moving them every few weeks.

I have told my clients and my family, that as soon as the travel bans are lifted I will be on that plane to LAX

Hearing you guys gives me hope... People want to travel and fly.. for many reasons.. It really is the darn bans and quarantines... we see that too in our bookings.. its instant when things open up or close. @bavarian princess not sure if I can PM, but I have our flight schedule until March.

edit: PM doent work. I can post here tomorrow.. to complicated to copy paste from my work phone to here right now..

Hearing you guys gives me hope... People want to travel and fly.. for many reasons.. It really is the darn bans and quarantines... we see that too in our bookings.. its instant when things open up or close. @bavarian princess not sure if I can PM, but I have our flight schedule until March.

edit: PM doent work. I can post here tomorrow.. to complicated to copy paste from my work phone to here right now..
I certainly do want to travel but looking at our own numbers right now I am not that optimistic. What I would need is a...bit of a planning horizon. I mean I would love to travel at the end of this year and also next spring. But I don't know if I should book a flight or not :(

@mousefan73: I just booked a flight from one German hotspot city to another for tomorrow. I won't take my mask off during the one hour flight. Of course I am booked with LH ;) Btw..it looks like your "start conversation" button is missing when I click on your profile. Maybe you changed your settings regarding who is allowed to send you a PM?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!