Any word on new DVC member ticket deals?

borgthe

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
Just found out I will be going to Disney twice this year and I missed out on the annual pass deal that ended January 3. Any new deals anyone knows of?

Thanks!

It will depend upon if DVC thinks the specials helped drive sales AND if the parks thinks it helped their bottom line.

On the plus side, the Gold level AP is still a decent deal, as long as you aren't traveling during the blackout dates.

It will depend upon if DVC thinks the specials helped drive sales AND if the parks thinks it helped their bottom line.

On the plus side, the Gold level AP is still a decent deal, as long as you aren't traveling during the blackout dates.

Yeah, I called on the 4th (end of year at work was nuts and I got my dates all mixed in my head) to buy and they were like, yeah, that ended yesterday...I started to panic and freak out but then I looked at details and our travel dates (3 trips) this year were not black out dates and we never do the water parks anyway, so the Gold pass is same thing for us essentially. My question (if anyone knows) is this: my wife and I pass will expire prior to the last trip (only a 3 day trip) but my kids passes will still be active. Would a child annual pass still be good for us to use for merch/dining discounts?

Thanks

I heard some time ago that they stopped allowing child APs to be used for AP discounted rooms, so I'm thinking discounts apply to adult APs only...but I could be wrong.

Since the price is the same, child or adult, shouldn't the 'perks' be the same?

For AP discounts on my last trip, I had to show the AP card and a photo ID, even though the AP icon shows electronically on the magic bands

That was my thinking...I spoke to Member Services on DVC side and she was not sure of the answer.

I guess I can somewhat understand them not being able to get an AP discount on a room (a child can't legally book a room) but I'm pretty sure a child can legally purchase food and merch. That would be ridiculous if it's not allowed.

I guess I can somewhat understand them not being able to get an AP discount on a room (a child can't legally book a room) but I'm pretty sure a child can legally purchase food and merch. That would be ridiculous if it's not allowed.
Disney's official policy is one must show a government issued photo id to get any applicable discounts. Some Disney CM's will extend a discount to a minor without a photo id, but there are reports of others refusing to because they didn't have a photo id.

Disney's official policy is one must show a government issued photo id to get any applicable discounts. This would exclude most minors.

Some Disney CM's will extend a discount to a minor without a photo id, but there are reports of others refusing to because they didn't have a photo id.

So I guess if you have passports, you should be fine. Honestly, it seems a child AP should cost less if the benefits are not the same. If they want full benefits and have an ID they can purchase an adult pass.

So I guess if you have passports, you should be fine. Honestly, it seems a child AP should cost less if the benefits are not the same. If they want full benefits and have an ID they can purchase an adult pass.

Another way to look at it is that Adult APs (with benefits) are discounted to the price of a child AP.

Honestly, it seems a child AP should cost less if the benefits are not the same. If they want full benefits and have an ID they can purchase an adult pass.
The only guaranteed benefit is park entry. Discounts can be removed with no notice.

I agree. Last I checked, the blackout dates were basically Xmas and NYE time.

Make sure charging is enabled on your kids' Magic bands. Then the charges will be in their names and the AP should work.

They would be the same except for the room discount, because a child cannot be the main name on a resort room. There is also the issue of a child being unable to produce a photo ID as noted. Apparently they sometimes let that slide but not always. If the child has a passport or passport card you may be able to use the discounts on everything but the resort room.

Slightly OT, but what about my children who are DVC members by default? Meaning they are under 18 and living under my roof. Do they still get the DVC discount even though they don't have a membership card? They aren't on the deed, because they are not legally allowed to own property, so they cannot have a membership card of their own. I'd like to be able to let them run down to the shop at the resort and grab their own snacks and just send them with my DVC card, but I assume I will have to accompany them since I am the "member".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!