Anybody drink at Disney?

nomoney

Earning My Ears
I was thinking about bringing a flask to the parks. Anybody ever try this? Do they search your belongings on your way in to the park?

There are plenty of places inside the parks to buy liquor. Except for the MK. But all other parks have a full bar somewhere in the park.

I've never actually had the need to be sipping hard liquor while on Pirates (It's A Small World on the other hand ;) ), so I wouldn't know, but good luck to you on your quest.

And if you're ever in DLP, they make the best cocktails in the world, so leave your flask at home.

it's funny the amount of alcohol they serve at disney vs. universal. Actually, I found it really funny that in Universal Islands of Adventure, right outside the "seuss landing" sign was a beer cart, and the guy staffing it was wearing these bright, fun, seuss-y clothes!! I almost wanted to take a picture... it made me laugh...

I read your post on the adult board, and I just have to say this.... Do you think going on drunk to Pirates or Splash mountain (like you said) would be funny to those around you who are traveling with young children??? It is a family vacation spot!! I have a 4 year old, and would not think it was funny at all to have a drunk person sitting next to us, and I am sure the majority of families would feel the same way. I am 26 years old, and have grown up enough to know that you don't do that, especially in a family atmosphere like Disney. Can't you wait to drink and go to Pleasure Island or something? At your age, you should know to be more considerate of the little kids that will be around you at the parks.

JenDaveBrendan said:
I read your post on the adult board, and I just have to say this.... Do you think going on drunk to Pirates or Splash mountain (like you said) would be funny to those around you who are traveling with young children??? It is a family vacation spot!! I have a 4 year old, and would not think it was funny at all to have a drunk person sitting next to us, and I am sure the majority of families would feel the same way. I am 26 years old, and have grown up enough to know that you don't do that, especially in a family atmosphere like Disney. Can't you wait to drink and go to Pleasure Island or something? At your age, you should know to be more considerate of the little kids that will be around you at the parks.

i didnt see the original poster say anything about gettin drunk and goin on pirates or splash

I was referring to the post he had (and made comments to) on the adult board. Sorry for the confusion. I don't want to get slammed for my above post, however just felt it needed to be said in response to such a question that he posted. This is my last comment on this, I don't want to go back and forth with people. I couldn't make a response on the adult board because the moderator closed the thread.

You could easily slip a flask in your pocket and walk right in. They don't check you if you don't have a bag.

Have fun

JMD said:
You could easily slip a flask in your pocket and walk right in. They don't check you if you don't have a bag.

Have fun

done the same thing, never had a problem

Haha it is hilarious to me that people are assuming that i am a guy. I am a girl by the way. And i apologize i did say drunk on the other thread but i meant more like buzzed....you know all warm and fuzzy, not obnoxious and bothering families!! i am not a bad person! some of you people need to chill! Hey and thanks for the flask tip i guess it cant hurt to try right? if they take it they take it i'll live. I dont need to drink just wanted to for one day at the park. I'm not a juvenile delinquent.

They serve tons of alcohol in Epcot and MGM if you wanted to go there instead of MK. At Epcot you can drink around the world which is really fun! They have specialty liquors, wines, and beers from the different countries in the World Showcase. I did this with 2 of my friends (2 of us were 21 at the time and the other was 20). Well needless to say no real ID, no liquor. So my one friend brought a water bottle with vodka in it and she had no problems. She pretty much used it to put in some slushies, and then a virgin margarita when we finished up our little world tour in Mexico.

If you are 21, you can go onto the strategies board and you'll find the monorail drinkathon forum. It's pretty much dedicated to all drinking at WDW, with tips on bars, bar tours, drinks, and what not. It's run by the LOTW (Lushes of the World) :drinking1

As for people being obnoxious drunk I agree it shoudlnt happen and people should try and watch their alcohol levels. However I feel like young people really do get a bad rap when it comes to drinking. I've never seen a drunk younger person in the parks, but many times I've seen drunk old adults. (not trying to slam you for your comment btw, it is very true and I definately agree, but you also have to realize that people paid the same amount as you did to enter the parks and therefore have the same right as you and your children. But you're going to get a bad adult everyone now and then an dyoure going to get some bad kids every now and then...you just have to accept it as a part of life)

Just be careful to to get caught in the park...when I was a CM I saw flasks taken away and people asked to leave the MK for being obnoxious drunk.....and just remember the kids are around...its a family park!

Jungle Josh

The only thing I would say is use your best judgement..a fterall there are ton's of kiddo's around.. Do what you want... just make sure you are carefull :)

I, personally, would find it hard to get drunk by buying Disney drinks ... they cost too much!!!

VAN said:
I, personally, would find it hard to get drunk by buying Disney drinks ... they cost too much!!!

I have to disagree with you. I drink in NYC all the time and I would say the drink prices are equivalent. You're not going to find a $2 beer there, but you can find $5 and $6 drinks no problemo.

Bummer. The Fridays I go to always charges me a $1.50 for a pint of domestic. The other bar charges $5 for a pitcher of domestic & Shiner Bock.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter