Anybody ever rented points????

pkitty

Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me
Hi Everyone!!!
I just found this section of DIS and I'am I ever thrilled!!!! Only we Canadians can fully sympathize our plight, that is the plight of trying to squeeze as much out of our currency as we can when planning a DW vacation!!!! So that is why I'am looking into renting DVC points this time around!!! I'am not travelling until Feb 17 and therefore I can't take full advantage of the great at par specials that are on right now (oh believe me I tried to get the time off work...no luck) So I'am wondering if there is anyone out there who has actually rented these points before???? How was it??? Did things go smoothly??? I'am interested in finding out!!!! Oh and I've already tried renting points over the last few days...it's seems to be a little more difficult than I thought The responses are slow in coming and I'am so damn impatient!!! Denise:Pinkbounc :wave:

I came awfully close a couple of years ago, but chickened out at the last minute. I'd suggest you try to buy points from someone who has rented out before - do a search on the forum and see if anything pops out at you.

According to Mousesavers website, disney offered the at par rates for Canadians last January. No guarantee, of course, that they will offer the same thing for next year.

http://www.mousesavers.com/faq.html#codetrends

Good luck!

I am a DVC member and have rented my points out before. The transaction went smoothly. Unfortunately I don't have any points to rent out, but you may find someone here on the Cdn board that has points to rent, which would give you the advantage of being able to pay in Cdn dollars.

I would ask for references before renting points, but if it's the first time they've done it, they may not be able to provide them. Before sending money, I would get as much info as possible, as well as a confirmation from DVC.

Be careful when you go to DVC, or you may enjoy it so much that you want to buy in!!

I have rented points two times in the past 2 years at the BWV. Both transactions were from different DVC owners in the US. Both transactions went smoothly. Each time we decided upon a deposit at the time of reservation confirmation (usually was one night's deposit) and then I paid remainder of monies owing about 30 days out. I paid $9 USD/point. First time I sent a registered cheque in USD to the DVC owner and this time I was able to charge the money to my VISA as the person I was dealing with had his own company and we could use this type of transaction. Once we had struck a deal, I would just phone down the the DVC reservation office to ensure that the reservation number had been transferred to my name and there was never any issue. Check ins were smooth. It was glorious staying in a luxury hotel in a studio with a kitchenette and lfree aundry facilities nearby, walking distance to Epcot...all for a total of $81 USD/night (taxes are included in the points price)

Hi, im a cdn dvc member and do have some points to rent, but, i would need to know how many you require. If your staying an extended time, etc, i might just not have enough. Email if you wish, Maryann

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter