Anybody from disboard at the trevi fountain on 6/27?

cseca

<font color=darkorchid>My legs are wimpy but my wi
I saw the 2 guides wearing blue disney adv shirts and holding the disney adv paddle... :wave:

I wanted to go up and say hi so badly... a little belated hello and how was the trip?

Wasn't it just CRAZY hot? :eek:

We were there!!! You should have said hello. It was a great trip and our guides, Tina & Mara, were terrific. HOT was putting it mildly! The humidity was so high, good thing we brought enough clothes for each day because we definitely needed them. And the a/c is not quite as strong in Italy as in the US so when you got back to your room, it only felt cool for a short time! Hope you enjoyed your trip - did you go on your own or with another group?

Hi there!!!!
I know what you mean. We brought enough shirts to change every day too... thank goodness... We were drenched every day coming back to the hotel... :rotfl:

Did you guys try the gelato shop at the corner by the trevi fountain? It was YUMM-EE!!!!

We were there with our family tour. We went to Paris, Venice and Rome. Apparently we were in Rome at the same time as ABD. I *really* wanted to do ABD but with the addition of my parents and sister's family it's really not financially smart to do that. So we decided to do our own. Plus this way we get to pick our own places to stop at.

Oh and I know what you mean by the AC. The stores don't seem to have any at all. Especially when we were in Venice. It's almost non existent.

Glad to hear you had a great time!
Next time we'll do it in the fall when the weather is a bit more forgiving...

Would you guys do another ABD? Do you think it was worth it?

I would defnitely do another ABD. Being in Europe, we were unfamiliar with everything because it was our first time and to have the guides giving you some direction was great. Our ABD guide Mara was great - she is fluent in Italian and was very helpful when we asked questions, couldn't understand someone, etc - and she knew some of the local places to go. We also had ABD guide Tina and she had done the Hawaii ABD when it was an option - I told her I really wanted to do that one but she said they cancelled it because there wasn't enough interest. Not sure where I'd go next....maybe the US just to see some places I've never been....but whatever trip it is, I'd like to do it when the weather is a little cooler than it was in Italy!!!

I was there on 6/25 and it was crazy hot indeed. The best gelato we had in Italy was to the right of the Pantheon. Homemade with 'double cream'. (We were with Globus, not Disney. We chose Globus bec ABD was too expensive, but I have to say Globus was first rate and first class all the way. Some of our accommodations were unbelievably great – Venice and Spello. I would do them again in a heartbeat.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter