Anybody have luck with Cindy's? UPDAATE SHE'S IN!!!

Colleen A.

<font color=green>Disney Planning Maniac!<br><font
After calling from 6:50 am and being placed immediately on hold at 7 am, I could not get breakfast ressies for my sister this morning!:( Anybody from the DIS get in this morning? Looks like I'll be trying for her again tomorrow morning!! Any tips on getting in?

Colleen

I think in this case, the 4th time was the charm! I started calling again at 6:50. At 6:58, I got into Disney Reservations. "Cindy's please, for 13, anytime!!" I was told immediately there was no seating!:mad: I about flipped on the CM! How could it fill when it wasn't even 7am yet!!!??? All she could say was "sorry". My sister had been on the other line and heard this. I had noticed, as I was talking to the CM that she had hung up. I tried to call her back but she ignored the call waiting. She called me a few minutes later and that nice CM (I'd list her name, but don't want to get her into trouble! :) ) did manage to get into the system with "a little extra pixie dust" and snag a reservation for my sister!! She is so happy now!! Me....I have about a dozen more gray hairs!!;) :bounce:

Here's a thread another DISer started on tips for getting Cindy's. Have you read it? Its basically the same thing we all know but...

Cindy's Tips

Good luck, Colleen, on one of WDW's toughest. Great thread, DG, I was getting ready to reply on it to bump it, seeing it was from April, but it was closed. Looked like a great tips post though.

Cindy's??????????? Who NEEDS such aggravation???:confused: :smooth: :smooth: . Plan B should be to go to the bakery on the Boardwalk, pick up some croissants and juice, and enjoy the morning sounds on the lake;) ;) ;) ...........

This past thursday I called in the afternoon about 2pm to make a few other ps's and I asked about cindys for the heck of it and I got one for the 27th of sep at 9:40 am for myself and my dd's. So keep checking back, someone could cancel or not pay the deposit on time and you could get lucky!

Well, I read the thread and it was exactly what I did this morning...except I started trying at about 10 of 7:00. She wants to do this so badly because she is taking 4 of her grandchildren with her to breakfast! She wants me to try again tomorrow morning (so much for sleeping in on Sunday morning!;) ). If we still have no luck, I told her I would try off and on during her last 8 weeks. Who knows, I might luck out! I won't give up hope!:bounce:

There are cancellations every day, Colleen. Don't give up

Don't forget about the new Princess Storybook breakfast at Epcot. You could book it as a backup? Cindy's is wonderful though. First time I got it was 59 days out(several years ago). I did not know any better and there were 3 openings:eek: ! Lucky day for me:cool: !

Yesterday, when I had tried to get the breakfast on 10/2, they mentioned the other Princess breakfast to me. Then, a bit later, my sister asked me to call back and try for the 1st of Oct...again, they mentioned the other breakfast. Finally, she asked me to call a 3rd time to check for Sept 30..."did you know about the Priness Breakfast in Epcot?......" I know they are only trying to help, but it seemed like the CM's were REALLY pushing that breakfast!:bounce:

Colleen

PS Wish me luck today!!!:)

Colleen I wish you luck on your next call. Here's a little Pixie Dust hopefully it helps
anitink02.gif

Dan,

The reason the it is locked is because it's already linked into a Cindy's FAQ thread that is permantly stuck at the top of the Restaurant Board. No need to keep it bumped that way and a lot tidier.

Penny

Started calling at 6:50...."Thank you for calling Disney Dining..." immediately hit redial constantly...at 6:58..."Thank you for calling Disney Reservations.." Yes, we're in!!! (You had to see me, I had the cordless phone on with my sister using the headset and my cell phone with the free long distance in the other ear!!:bounce: ) My sister can hear all this and she is soooo excited! The CM answers the phone. I politely, but quickly, say "Cindys please for 13 on 10/3!" "Yes we do have that available, but we will need to split the party" "Yes I know, 5, 5 and 3 will be fine" "Ok, we have 8, 8:15, 8:30, 9:10, 9:55..." "9:10 is perfect". She goes into the computer and I hear her say "Ah, I'm having trouble getting the 13th person....." and the phone goes DEAD!!!! I was not moving a muscle so I know the disconnect was not from my end!! I call back immediately (this is now 7:06) and I am told it is completely booked!:mad: I try to explain to this CM what had happened and she checks and there is no party of 13 on that day. She can do nothing for me! I ask to speak to a supervisor. I explain everything. She tells me almost immediately that the CM's first mistake is checking for times. She told me she advises all CMs for parties of that size to book the first thing they see. By checking all the available times, they all booked immediately. She took my sisters name, party size, ages of the kids and told me she would try to get her in first thing tomorrow and asked me to try as well. If, by odd chance, we both manage to make ressies, we can always cancel the second one. Maybe the third time is the charm?!!:rolleyes:

I recall the same 'desparate' calls trying to book Illumintion cuise, Colleen. Good luck, hope you get booked.

Thanks, Penny, makes sense. :)

Good luck Colleen!! It really is worth it to eat in the castle with Cinderella and the princesses. Don't give up.:D Keep us informed.

Good to hear she got the reservations... Wow, sounds like a lot of hardwork and planning to get that seating!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter