Anybody stayed in Stateroom 8600 on the Magic?

Since you are still a ways from sailing, you can ask to be waitlisted for a different category 3 should it become available.

Frequently when final payment is due, availability changes and perhaps you might end up with a different room assignment.

Absolutely right. On our next cruise I had the choice of three cat 3 rooms after final deposits were due. Just keep checking, starting at least 4 months and definitely right when final payments are due. Even though category 1-3 deposits are non-refundable, they are transferrable to another sailing date and I think some people just keep moving them out until they get a date that works for them.

Move rooms? Are you kidding me!!!! We LOVED 8600 on the Wonder! The room is HUGE! Seriously, if you want space, you want to stay with this room! It doesn't compare to the non-handicapped Cat. 3's! We upgraded at the port to this room, and since we don't have a need for a handicapped room, I have been trying to figure out how we can get this room again!

Move rooms? Are you kidding me!!!! We LOVED 8600 on the Wonder! The room is HUGE! Seriously, if you want space, you want to stay with this room! It doesn't compare to the non-handicapped Cat. 3's! We upgraded at the port to this room, and since we don't have a need for a handicapped room, I have been trying to figure out how we can get this room again!

I think the move rooms discussion arose when the OP said they had 2 large kids that were too big to share the sleeper sofa in this room, pending confirmation of any bed changes from DCL.

they told me to wait till the Final payment day and hopefully another room will open up.
As far as a roll away, they said they need to check with the safety dept. first.

So, I guess the air mattress idea is looking like the best option so far.

Thanks

they told me to wait till the Final payment day and hopefully another room will open up.
As far as a roll away, they said they need to check with the safety dept. first.

So, I guess the air mattress idea is looking like the best option so far.

Thanks
Under the circumstances 8600 is probably your best option for space with the air mattress. The midhsips 8032, 8034, 8532 and 8534 do have a murphy pull down bed in the living room, all other Cat 3 are too small for your family and the murphy bed is in the master, which doesn't serve your purpose.
Here is the link to a deck plan, click on Deck 8 for a larger view. You can print out the deck plan and determine which, if any, change would be acceptable to you.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruise-new/cr-deckplans.htm#

We stayed in 8600 couple times on Magic. Last time November 2008.

We like the room alot. Couple of drawbacks in our opinion. We did get trash from Topsiders on the balcony frequently :) We also got water from hosing down of Topsiders at night. The sofa bed in our childrens opinion not really comfortable. There was no bunk bed, the room only sleeps four, two in bed, two on sofa. No jetted tub like other category 3 suites because it is handicapped room.

The pluses, love the layout, plenty of room, huge balcony. Balcony was setup with sunloungers when we last had it. Metal verandah didn't bother us at all. Location wonderful, just up back steps to Topsider if you want something. In a very quiet part of the hallway. For safety drill, your station is in Animators, so no standing out in the sun in your life vests.

We still prefer the midship 3s, but 8600 is very nice and we liked it!

Hello! We are in this room for an upcoming EBTA next month. I am having trouble figuring out how this room layout. I cannot find an example of it anywhere and see a little conflicting info. Any chance you can clear it up? Mainly I wanted to know if that is a separate seating area in the bedroom and if there is an actual door between spaces or just a curtain/slider? It is little hard to figure out where things are situated in here?

Thank so much for any help!

We were in 8600 for a transatlantic... it is HUGE. HUGE. Really great room. We did get an egg crate topper thing for the fold out bed. It would be big enough for a 6 ft person to sleep on... DH is 6'6" and fell asleep on it one day for a nap. With DD right next to him. It is really such a spacious room.... with a great verandah. Enjoy it!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter