Anybody there now? Hearing a rumor?

Skjhjb

DIS Veteran
DD is there now with two girlfriends - today is their first day.

She just texted me to say "rumour has it Johnny Depp is here today and may dress up as Jack"

Anybody there and hearing the same thing?

Or is that a yearly Halloween rumour? LOL

I read somewhere that he has done this but I'm not sure if it was true or if it was just once. She definitely might want to keep an eye out though.

Also, one of the Jacks at the Pirate Tutorial (who also may be used in parades) looks a LOT like Johnny Depp as well, IMHO.

Attachments

• wd024wdw201418292744635_7007146518_18.jpg
    wd024wdw201418292744635_7007146518_18.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 98
DD is there now with two girlfriends - today is their first day.

She just texted me to say "rumour has it Johnny Depp is here today and may dress up as Jack"

Anybody there and hearing the same thing?

Or is that a yearly Halloween rumour? LOL

Annual rumor.

The 2 biggest rumors for Halloween are that 1. Johnny is Capt. Jack and he is IN the BTY parade and wears his hat. Other "Jacks" don't wear the hat, which is false because ours did last year and he wasn't JD. The other is that Lady Gaga will slip in and be one of the undead Ballroom dancers in the HM portion of the parade (this could happen very easily and no one would ever know because of all the makeup and such).

Off topic, but to make all you POTC fans jealous, my mum works in retail in the same suburb that Geoffrey Rush lives in and one day he came into her work. The girl serving him asked him to do his Barbosa voice and he continued through the entire transaction as Barbosa!

We've also met him a few times through theatre, including one night where he had a *ahem* very interesting and intimate encounter with my mother then lay across our laps (part of a show) and another night where he spent ages leaning against me at a bar (not part of a show - just really random and awkward!).

The fakes are just as good so one would never know. It would certainly be something he would do if given the time, I remember he said he stood in at some of the times on the ride - he would sit at the end and act like the animatronic.

We just took the "Keys to the Kingdom" tour last week (11/2/15)... this was one of the questions.. answer is: Johnny Depp loves Disney.. If he shows up at a Disney park it will be Disney Paris most likely. He doesn't dress up as Captain Jack - too many legal complications and safety issues... If he comes, he is dressed in sunglasses and baseball cap to hide his identity. Hope this helps

On our first trip, DH was certain the Jack in the ride--the one right past the well scene, and leans out to peek around the corner--was a real guy. I asked him if he thought Disney could really afford to pay JD to stand there 12-20 hours per day.....LOL. We did meet a VERY good Jack at the tutorial and saw a very impressive one at pirate night on our cruise pushing his son in a wheelchair :).

We just took the "Keys to the Kingdom" tour last week (11/2/15)... this was one of the questions.. answer is: Johnny Depp loves Disney.. If he shows up at a Disney park it will be Disney Paris most likely. He doesn't dress up as Captain Jack - too many legal complications and safety issues... If he comes, he is dressed in sunglasses and baseball cap to hide his identity. Hope this helps
I do not know if he would go as Jack or not, but I sure would not believe that WDW would tell the truth if he did. The tour in Paris is probably saying the same thing but at WDW in Florida is where he would go:laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter