Anybody traveling to WDW this fall

hawgwilld

Fort Fiend
My AP runs out Sept 22 so was thinking of goin for a few days before it runs out. Anybody else thinking of going this fall?

My AP runs out Sept 22 so was thinking of goin for a few days before it runs out. Anybody else thinking of going this fall?
Definitely not with the high number of cases in Florida (had their highest death count this week), our government asking to not travel unless for essential reasons, issues with insurance covering you, and the mandatory quarantine when returning.

I’ve also heard that people with annual passes are having a hard time getting park reservations. So you may not be able to actually get into the parks you want.

No. I canceled our August trip. Borders are still closed, my daughter can’t take off from work to quarantine for 2 weeks when we return. In addition, as long as we have level 3 travel advisories most travel insurance companies won’t cover you if you should contract Covid down there. I shudder to think how much a hospital stay would be.
In all probabilities we’ll be canceling our Nov/Dec trip there too sadly. I can’t see the travel advisories lifting this year. And I won’t go down to the US without medical. Not worth the risk for me.

As a Floridian living only a few hours away, headed for a quick resort-only trip in September. If you are able to get park reservations, I feel like it comes down to how risk-averse you are. Unfortunately, there are a good chunk of Floridians who don’t do masks and social distancing well:/

In one month? I don't think the borders will even open. Even if they do, this is what CDC says

The CDC’s ensemble forecast now projects nearly 189,000 US coronavirus deaths by Sept. 5. There are more than 5.2 million cases and 167,000 deaths in the country.

This issue will not disappear in just a few weeks... or even months.
The border closure only pertains to land crossings (for Canadians anyway). Canadians can still fly to the US. Not that I would, mind you. Not with those numbers!

I think/dream about it every day. We have Nov 28 flights, accommodations, passes, reservations, etc, some of which were booked in late Dec 2019.

Do I think we will actually go? No. <sigh>

Haven’t started cancelling things because I am waiting for a miracle, but if a miracle was to happen, I hope it would be of benefit to those who really need one, not just us Disney guest Wannabees.

Nope, cancelled our Sept 9-16 trip back in May. And it's not even Covid itself that's the largest deterrent for us (it *is* a deterrent though, don't get me wrong. We take this seriously.

TBH, if we lived in one of the bordering states, we would probably go, just to have the experience of the mostly empty parks. I feel like WDW is probably the safest public venue you could be in at this point. However the cost of flying, increased exposure to other people at airports, decreased experiences/hours, and 14-day quarantine all add up to make it a 100% no-go for us. We live in an apartment-style condo, so we'd have to leave our dog with a sitter for the quarantine (can't take her outside through common areas) on TOP of the week or so we'd be away. I couldn't live with the idea that I may have spread it to a compromised person. Nope.

OP, does that date include the extension for the park closure time? All APs get an automatic extension for the amount of time the parks are closed so I would check that.

As far as going, no, I just cancelled our Oct reservation. The experience now is nothing like the trips there we are all used to. No fast passes, having to reserve one park per day, closed restaurants, shows and parades not operating, reduce monorail service and so on. Just wouldn’t be a close to normal trip.

The border closure only pertains to land crossings (for Canadians anyway). Canadians can still fly to the US. Not that I would, mind you. Not with those numbers!
Plus we wouldn’t be able to get travel medical that covered Covid.

There are now Canadian insurance companies that insure against covid. I just noticed it became available in August.
for a 21 day trip it cost $100. I will try and find link.

also the Canadian govt also posted an article on contract tracing last week and said there wasn’t 1 case linked to air travel.
for me I wouldn’t go to Disney now, but not because of lack of insurance or fear of air travel.

we just got back from a 7 day trip to Banff....flew from Toronto. Was amazing to travel there without the usual tourist crowds.

https://www.traveloffpath.com/covid-19-travel-insurance-everything-you-need-to-know/

There are now Canadian insurance companies that insure against covid. I just noticed it became available in August.

also the Canadian govt also posted an article on contract tracing last week and said there wasn’t 1 case linked to air travel.
for me I wouldn’t go to Disney now, but not because of lack of insurance or fear of air travel.

we just got back from a 7 day trip to Banff....flew from Toronto. Was amazing to travel there without the usual tourist crowds.

https://www.traveloffpath.com/covid-19-travel-insurance-everything-you-need-to-know/

Thanks for posting that - nice to know options exist in case the 14 day quarantine gets lifted..

As an aside I just read a BBC article talking about Canadians being freaked out about Americans using the 'Alaska loophole' to visiting and I noticed something interesting about caseloads vs. deaths. Not trying to start an argument but I would have expected the Case Rate : Death Rate to be similar.

Thanks for posting that - nice to know options exist in case the 14 day quarantine gets lifted..

As an aside I just read a BBC article talking about Canadians being freaked out about Americans using the 'Alaska loophole' to visiting and I noticed something interesting about caseloads vs. deaths. Not trying to start an argument but I would have expected the Case Rate : Death Rate to be similar.

View attachment 521232

Our death rate is higher because we were successful at keeping cases low, except for outbreaks at long term care home. When you have a large amount of your cases in a vulnerable population sadly you have a higher death rate.

Good to know there are companies with coverage. Just know that most of these companies only provide around $250,000 max in coverage which you could go through very quickly if you were hospitalized and in any kind of precarious state or needed a lengthy stay on a ventilator.

Good to know there are companies with coverage. Just know that most of these companies only provide around $250,000 max in coverage which you could go through very quickly if you were hospitalized and in any kind of precarious state or needed a lengthy stay on a ventilator.

I have read of covid patients in the US getting hospital bills well in excess of $1,000,000. And if you do have covid they won’t put you on a plane back home. Just something for people to consider.

Have a trip booked for Sep. Haven't hit the 'Cancel' button yet but must do so by this Saturday. Just can't make myself do it quite yet.......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter