• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anybody try this (SB related)

abbyndrewmom

Mouseketeer
I bought a 5X7 scrapbook to keep autographs in for Disney world, my original plan was to put a picture of the kids with the character on the facing page of the signature. well after two trips the book is already looking a bit ratty and because the kids handed the book to the characters some of the signatures are upside down. So I have decided to take apart the signature book and instead start an 8.5X11 binder with an individual page for each charachter and signature. What my idea is on the left hand side of the page use the signature, original pic and some paper piecing, sticker, die cut etc to decorate, on the right hand side of the page add smaller pictures of the kids and the characters for each new trip. I think it would be a great record to show how the kids have grown over the years and fun to look back on the joy they got from first meeting the characters. This is a book I hope I can keep going for a long time. Of course I will add the yearly vacation pictures into our travel scrapbook as well.

So what do you think, does it sound like a good idea.

Allison

Hi Allison

I think this sounds a super idea :) I wish that I had been able to take my children to WDW when they were smaller so that we could have pictures of them with all the characters. The first time they got there, my son was 23 and my daughter 20 - mind you, I do have some smashing pictures of them with the characters as we collected as many autographs as we could for my Dear Niece - maybe I could do a mini/mini album of us all with the characters? :)

I think this is a great idea to chart your childrens growth - I would love to see the layouts when you've done them :D :D :D

Good luck with the project

That's a wonderful idea! In fact, I have a little red spiral album (by Mrs. Grossman) that I'm going to use to do just that after our next couple of trips. I'll get the CMs to take photos of dh, ds and me and then bring little pieces of acid-free cardstock for autographs. As we collect them, I'll put them in the album.

It's just another fun way to remember our trips to WDW! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter