Anybody Watching The Voice? (Spoilers)

Kathryn Merteuil

Barden Bella
Seriously, what in the world was Adam thinking? I could not believe he threw Deandre under the bus like he did. That was truly shameful. Not that I particularly had anything against Reagan, but it seems to make the whole point of performing to save yourself a joke if you can move to the next round without performing. I am sorry she was sick (if she really was), but she should have gone home, and one of the people who actually performed should have gone though.

Anyway, I am team Kennedy Holmes all the way! I like most of the others too, but they are all fighting for a distant second place.

I couldn't believe that Adam even did that. I was sitting here trying to imagine how DeAndre must have felt hearing that. Reagan is good, but if she was sick , and couldn't sing, then people should not have been allowed to vote for her. It just wasn't fair in my opinion. DeAndre is not my favorite on the show, but no contestant should ever have been treated like that. Thoroughly disappointed in Adam for this one :(

I couldn't believe it when I watched it. I felt so bad for DeAndre, the look on his face when Adam was praising Reagan. He looked so hurt and shocked. I was embarrassed for him. The way he droned on and on was so strange. When he said he has daughters it made me so mad. So just because Adam has daughters, DeAndre gets penalized??? What?? So, anyone on his team is worthless to him unless they are a teenage girl?

I really think they should raise the minimum age to 18.

If you look on The Voice Facebook page, the backlash is off the charts. People are very very angry. I find is surprising that the producers have not addressed the situation.

I found it so odd that she was sitting in the audience in a robe in full hair and makeup. I feel if she could not sing she should have been automatically eliminated. I have read that she had a panic attack, but I don't think that is true. Some have speculated that she strained her vocal chords during her performance the night before. I think Adam wants to win at all costs. I think he sees Reagan as his ticket to win. She is young, pretty and fits the image of a pop star.

The whole thing was so strange. I really feel bad for Reagan too. She was put in an awkward position and the backlash is strong. She is a sweet girl who is probably feeling very badly right now. Adam screwed things up for both DeAndre and Reagan.

Apparently DeAndre is speaking out:

“It was just weird,” he said. “I’m not being rude. I just felt like he sold me out… and I just don’t respect it. I’m just being honest.”

Since DeAndre and Team Blake Shelton’s Dave Fenley both sang for the Instant Save, whereas Strange didn’t, he added, “We did our job, sick or not. I just got over laryngitis. When I came back, I still sang. It wasn’t none of that anxiety or none of that stuff.

Adam has always seemed emotionally needy. I honestly wasn't overly surprised by his ridiculous behaviour. Everyone around me jokes that we could take him for about 30 seconds. He seems draining.

Some of his lyrics I actually answer back - Like "You gotta tell me if you love me or not, love me or not, love me or not?".
Not Adam, not. :laughing: ;)

I was too sad about Dave Fenley even being in the bottom three, and then not being saved, to fully take it all in but boy how unfair for DeAndre. What a humiliating situation to put him in.

Last edited:

I think Adam needs to leave the Voice for a season or two. I felt like he tried to fix the show to help Reagan. I wonder if the show will get rid of the Twitter save as a result of this incident.

I always fast forward through the coach comments so I missed what he said. I did hear the host say something like 'Adam was just sad about Reagan being sick' but didn't know what it was about.

looked it up online - it was Kelly who tried to smooth things over

Last edited:
I do not understand the Adam/Reagan thing. His comments tonight made me uncomfortable....like he has some kind of crush on her or something. Weirdo!

I do not understand the Adam/Reagan thing. His comments tonight made me uncomfortable....like he has some kind of crush on her or something. Weirdo!

It is kind of weird. Even Reagan looked uncomfortable when he started talking last night. He just keeps saying how special she is and on and on. She is a good singer, but I don't think she is THAT great. Maybe it's because he has daughters?

It is kind of weird. Even Reagan looked uncomfortable when he started talking last night. He just keeps saying how special she is and on and on. She is a good singer, but I don't think she is THAT great. Maybe it's because he has daughters?

I thought her "sing for her life song" was horribly pitchy and off key. I was glad when it was over. Kennedy outsang her by a mile. So did MacKenzie. She was a distant, distant third in that contest. Adam knew it when he was gushing over her. It was odd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!