Anyone at the Fort

Mermaid40

Earning My Ears
Hello is anyone at the Fort right now. Wondering how check in was and is it crowded? We are checking in next week. Thanks!!!

It’s not crowded at all!! We had a magical express to ourselves, and when we went to the front desk to rent a golf cart, he said there were 2 people checking in this afternoon and which one was I?

I’m checking in next week too. I’m wondering ab Ubers since the site says Minnie vans won’t be running. Any idea? We have an RV & typically don’t need to tow a car to Disney...

What a time to be at the Fort, especially if your only reason is for pure relaxation!

I didn't think Uber/Lyft were allowed on property. Where do folks get picked up & dropped off?

What a time to be at the Fort, especially if your only reason is for pure relaxation!

I didn't think Uber/Lyft were allowed on property. Where do folks get picked up & dropped off?

We took an uber once from the Fort and they picked us up at the Outpost. Only problem was they seemed to have trouble figuring out how to get in (I don't know if they went through the wrong lane and were behind an RV or something...but it took them quite awhile)!

Yes the Uber/Lyft folks can only pick up and drop out at the Check-in building area which includes the Outpost bus stop. Nowadays, they have to come in the front and go past the guard. This is how the taxi and town car services are treated as well.

Disney's own Minnie Van is the only ride service permitted to pick up and drop off right at your campsite or cabin. They've reserved that strategic advantage for themselves (when they're running). 💰

I don't know if Disney would allow others to pick you up at the campsite since MV won't be running. Might be worth asking when you check in. :confused3

Bama Ed

Last edited:
Yes the Uber/Lyft folks can only pick up and drop out at the Check-in building area which includes the Outpost bus stop. Nowadays, they have to come in the front and go past the guard. This is how the taxi and town car services are treated as well.

Disney's own Minnie Van is the only ride service permitted to pick up and drop off right at your campsite or cabin. They've reserved that strategic advantage for themselves (when they're running). 💰

I don't know if Disney would allow others to pick you up at the campsite since MV won't be running. Might be worth asking when you check in. :confused3

Bama Ed

We're not going to be there til next Spring, who knows what the rules will be by then. I'm hoping 'back to normal', although I already made our theme park reservations for each day just to be sure. I'm just thinking about 'alternatives' to the buses if nDH decides to leave the parks early (not uncommon) and I make my way back to the Fort on my own. Of course, getting to where Uber picks up at the theme park would probably be a real pain, I can't say I've ever seen a 'pick up zone' right outside the turnstiles so I'm sure it would involve schlepping yourself to the main road somewhere. In that case, I'll just take the bus.

I was real excited a few years back when the Minnie Vans were about the same price as an Uber, but MAN!, the prices now are way out of my league!

We're not going to be there til next Spring, who knows what the rules will be by then. I'm hoping 'back to normal', although I already made our theme park reservations for each day just to be sure. I'm just thinking about 'alternatives' to the buses if nDH decides to leave the parks early (not uncommon) and I make my way back to the Fort on my own. Of course, getting to where Uber picks up at the theme park would probably be a real pain, I can't say I've ever seen a 'pick up zone' right outside the turnstiles so I'm sure it would involve schlepping yourself to the main road somewhere. In that case, I'll just take the bus.

I was real excited a few years back when the Minnie Vans were about the same price as an Uber, but MAN!, the prices now are way out of my league!

For Uber/Lyft (outside of the Minnie Vans):

You may want to check out the "Transportation" forum on this board.

From what I have read for all of theme parks except for the Magic Kingdom the drop off location is near the turnstiles. For the Magic Kingdom a trick is to use the Contemporary as a drop off location, then you have a short walk to the entrance of the Magic Kingdom

Can't address the pickup location at the Fort for regular Uber/Lyft

I just got back last Sunday the 28th for a quick 4 day stay at the fort. It is very empty and quiet. My guess from looping was maybe somewhere between 30-50 total Number of rv’s/tt/5th/cabins. If I Remember correctly loops 700, 1500, 1600 & 1700 were closed. Dog park opened up while we were there. Playgrounds are closed, pool is open no masks required while in pools, p&j’s for take out only place open to get a meal and app was not up and running you had to go there and place your order, Crockett tavern closed while we were there due to new rules from governor closing all bars, no boats or monorail running, buses for internal or Disney springs. I saw no Disney Lyft so I don’t know if that is running. Grocery deliveries is allowed to be picked up at the front. Masks must be worn at all times except while at your campsite and everyone did a great job wearing masks including kids, if u didn’t have one on you stood out like a sore thumb, security will stop you and ask you to put a mask on, even while walking and bike riding. I did try both a disposable mask and my cloth one, the disposable ones were very tolerable especially in 100-105 degree heat index. I think that about sums it up. Things are constantly changing so we shall see what changes are made and what is or is not allowed once parks open. I’ll be going back in 8 days with family who have reservations too.

For Uber/Lyft (outside of the Minnie Vans):

You may want to check out the "Transportation" forum on this board.

From what I have read for all of theme parks except for the Magic Kingdom the drop off location is near the turnstiles. For the Magic Kingdom a trick is to use the Contemporary as a drop off location, then you have a short walk to the entrance of the Magic Kingdom

Can't address the pickup location at the Fort for regular Uber/Lyft

Thank You!!

social distancing markers

Attachments

• 6ED587F9-BB38-4409-9CFF-ED545C59D110.jpeg
    6ED587F9-BB38-4409-9CFF-ED545C59D110.jpeg
    152.5 KB · Views: 32

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!