Anyone attempting to go to Galaxy's Edge in the first few months/year of opening? Do you have a plan/strategy?

What's your Galaxy's Edge Strategy?

• Total voters
Changed my strategy a bit. A FP opened up for Flight of Passage, so I dropped my 9am ToT for a 1220 FoP. So now we'll be trying to standby SSD, RnRC and ToT.

May have gotten a fp day of for FoP but it's a risk

So I know that the land has only been open for 3 days, and we have not even reached EEMH days yet, but I'm curious if anyone else is rethinking their planning based on what we've seen so far. It is now Saturday at 2p ET and MFSR has a posted wait of 95 minutes, and the virtual queue has not been used since opening day.

My original plan for late Sept was to arrive at DHS by 4 or 4:30a, but that now seems like it might be completely unnecessary, or even counter-productive. In fact, I'm now considering arriving close to 6 and taking advantage of every ride BEFORE going over to MFSR.

I will hold off on making any decisions until we see what EEMH wait times are like in the next few weeks, but I'm definitely thinking I'll be able to catch maybe a little more sleep than I was planning and spend 90 minutes in what I hear is a fun and interactive queue instead of half asleep waiting for the gates to open.

Thoughts?

Hard to base anything off this weekend with the hurricane bearing down. I presume that has depressed attendance quite a bit. Will know more in the next few weeks.

I am wondering if a strategy is really needed

This is what my sister sent me today.

hey brother. started in epcot to ride TT for xxxxx's bday. headed over to MK and rode some things. planned it for the day but wow MK was very crowded and a lot of rides were closed. lines were long. thought about going to AK for rest of the day, but checked app and went to HS. SR's posted wait time was 95 mins. took about 60 mins to get on. not a lot of people. way overhyped. lots of shopping. seems like a huge sw store. not sure this is what disney was expecting. stayed until closing. its nice, but not what xxxxx was expecting. he was a bit disappointed. ride was cool but nothing breathtaking like FoP. wish you were here.

I think need to wait a bit to see how it really is because of the hurricane. Guaranteed that is making crowds lower

I think need to wait a bit to see how it really is because of the hurricane. Guaranteed that is making crowds lower

To some degree I agree, but if you looked at the app for the last 2 days, the other parks had the crowds that are expected for this time of the year.
I expect today to be different.

To some degree I agree, but if you looked at the app for the last 2 days, the other parks had the crowds that are expected for this time of the year.
I expect today to be different.
I’ve been shocked at how open and low the wait times MFSR has been. Since opening the wait times have been 120 or below. I remember SDD having longer waits.

Re: weather/hurricane concerns Hagrid over at Universal has consistently had longer wait times every time I check. 180 plus minutes.

I’ve been shocked at how open and low the wait times MFSR has been. Since opening the wait times have been 120 or below. I remember SDD having longer waits.

Re: weather/hurricane concerns Hagrid over at Universal has consistently had longer wait times every time I check. 180 plus minutes.

Agreed. I don’t think the hurricane has THAT much impact on the MFSR wait since other items around the resort are pretty normal. I think the lack of FP and hourly capacity are to “blame” more than anything.

Agreed. I don’t think the hurricane has THAT much impact on the MFSR wait since other items around the resort are pretty normal. I think the lack of FP and hourly capacity are to “blame” more than anything.
I agree that the queue/capacity for MFSR is probably being managed well, but that said, MFSR has been likened to Na’vi River Journey (with RoTR being the FoP, equivalent). When framed that way, I shouldn’t be that shocked really. If Pandora had opened only with NRJ, how packed would that place had been?

FoP is a huge draw for Pandora. Perhaps sans RoTR, SWGE itself does not have the same draw yet, amazing immersion and details notwithstanding. Just like most Disney goers are not diehard Avatar fans, to a lesser degree, most Disney goers aren’t SW fans either, so we may see the demand landscape change dramatically once SWGE gets its E ticket attraction.

Again, remember MF does not have fp yet, a huge reason why the wait times are relatively low

I never thought i would go on opening weekend, but with the hurricane threat emptying the parks yesterday I couldn’t resist, I had to run over.

First- the land is incredible. I didn’t mind the outdoor wait for smugglers run, because there was just so much to look at. I could have spent half a day in there.

They do a pretty good job of keeping everyone in the correct lines (the lines for Oga’s and smugglers run were parallel for a short distance, but the CMs kept people moving correctly. They also have signs for the end of every line, including blue milk)

One thing I didn’t realize that would have helped (I was solo for the day) is smugglers run has a single riders line, I didn’t realize that line was open until I got up to the building. My wait would have been under 30 min had I gone from the beginning. (Just be aware, you WILL be the engineer.)

They did have roving characters, Chewbacca came out to work on the falcon, Kylo Ren wandered around being menacing and stopping random tourists. Storm troopers all over.

Even when it has real crowds (everyone I talked to was just like me, done with hurricane prep, fatigued on Dorian coverage and and at HS after checking wait times on the app) it’s going to be amazing, I can’t wait for EEMH with my nephew, he’s going to freak out.

As far as the rest of the park, the land did pull a significant amount of people (granted, waits everywhere were low this weekend) making the rest of HS very very manageable if you can tear yourself away from batuu.

We went on opening day in the afternoon/evening and the next day. It was great and we were very surprised by the crowd level! We had reservations at Oga's--totally fun and good drinks. The wait for MFSR was listed as 105 minutes, but we were out in a little over an hour. We rode two more times in the single rider's line. The land is very immersive--it really does feel like you're in a different area.

I had fully decided I wasn't even going to attempt going until next year sometime. Then something came up and I need to be in Tampa early next week with this weekend being open. So I decided to go to MNSSHP on Sunday... well needless to say I apparently couldn't be in Disney World without going to see it. So we'll see how this weekend goes... wish me luck! lol

So still none of the "interactivity" that was promised when SWGE was announced? It was advertised that, after you crashed the Millennium Falcon, the bartender at Oga's would give you a hard time about it, and neat little details like that.

None of that?

So still none of the "interactivity" that was promised when SWGE was announced? It was advertised that, after you crashed the Millennium Falcon, the bartender at Oga's would give you a hard time about it, and neat little details like that.

None of that?

I honestly wonder if details like that specific one were always intended for the guests staying at the star wars resort once that opens.

I honestly wonder if details like that specific one were always intended for the guests staying at the star wars resort once that opens.

I have been thinking about this, and honestly with how packed Oga's is and how unlikely it is that you even SPEAK to a bartender, if this is more for the future and longevity of repeat visits. The Hack/Tune/Interact Disney Play app appears to be up and running, but unless you hit Oga's AFTER you ride MFSR and you happen to sit at the bar, I don't know how the opportunity would present itself for their to be a unique interaction based on your performance yet.

I was intrigued by the interactivity - and hoped that First Order Storm Troopers might "scan" your magic bands to see your reputation and interact with you depending on your ranking. That seems like the easiest method... but I doubt the rollout will happen any time soon.

Changed my strategy a bit. A FP opened up for Flight of Passage, so I dropped my 9am ToT for a 1220 FoP. So now we'll be trying to standby SSD, RnRC and ToT.

May have gotten a fp day of for FoP but it's a risk

Was there on the 29th and can say I did ride RnRC and ToT 3 times each during the day, SDD twice close to park closing, TSM was also easy getting into, much to our delight!

None of that?
As cool as that has always sounded, I suspect it largely won't happen or the opportunity just won't present itself. As someone else said, unless you go straight to Olga's AND there isn't a crowd, the chance for that interactive stuff to pop up for you would be slim. I think practically speaking it was never really going to work out as we all thought it would. Perhaps way in the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter