Anyone attempting to go to Galaxy's Edge in the first few months/year of opening? Do you have a plan/strategy?

What's your Galaxy's Edge Strategy?

• Total voters
We will be there 9/4! I get anxiety just thinking about it.... we plan to get there early and will rope drop MFSR. we will have strollers and when we did FOP rope drop even with EMH it was a nightmare with strollers but don't really have another option. I saw on the map that on one side of MFSR there are stairs... no chance that the line will require to go down those stairs right?! We all have to show ourselves in order to get that darn rider switch. Hoping we go through past the milk stand and oga's cantina to get there. Anyone else taking their younger kids?

We're going the last week of October on a weekday. We have an Oga's reservation at 4:45pm, so plan to enter SWGE at 3:45pm (or earlier if we can) and try to ride MF. If wait is too long, we'll try out Ronto Roasters, have drinks at Oga's at 4:45pm, then try again for MF. As long as we can make it to dinner at Disney Springs by 9:00pm, we'll be okay!

I have my plan, my fast passes, and my reservation. I'm waking up super early, getting there for rope drop on a Wednesday in October, riding the ride, doing my fast passes and then building an R2 unit (even though I said I would wait). Afterward, I sleep.

When people say rope drop, do they mean 9am (off-site people) or 6am, on site guests?

Thinking of booking on site for EEMH, 4th September. But as not opening day I'm not looking to arrive before 6am, will be more like 6.30am

So I managed to get really lucky after missing out on the reservation announcements

My Dad and I are going in December so so far no EEMH option. My original strategy was to ropedrop Savi's and then get a drink at Oga's. However I missed out on the ADR announcements for the various experiences.

Luckily I was able to get a 9:25 am reservation for Savi's and a 7:45 pm reservation for Oga's. They're on two different days. I had already planned to park hop on the Savi day in the afternoon. I'm planning on being in EPCOT in the morning on the Oga day. All in all this works for me.

Last edited:
We will be there 9/4! I get anxiety just thinking about it.... we plan to get there early and will rope drop MFSR. we will have strollers and when we did FOP rope drop even with EMH it was a nightmare with strollers but don't really have another option. I saw on the map that on one side of MFSR there are stairs... no chance that the line will require to go down those stairs right?! We all have to show ourselves in order to get that darn rider switch. Hoping we go through past the milk stand and oga's cantina to get there. Anyone else taking their younger kids?

I know when we did rope drop for SDD, they block off the stairs by the theater and make everyone go through the arches to help the flow of traffic. I'm sure you could also park the stroller somewhere and carry the last bit of the ways in?

Thankful I saw the news about the reservations on this board! DH managed to score a res at Savi's on Friday night 8/30 just the other day (idk how!!!!!!! He got SO lucky) and he's so jazzed. What he didn't realize was that our park tickets don't actually start until 8/31 and he was going to cancel and I was like "Are you crazy? You'll never be able to get another reservation while we're down there." So I'm going to surprise him by covering the cost of the extra park tickets for that day. I'm not a Star Wars fan at all but I think the experience of watching him build a lightsaber will be kind of cool so I'm excited (and BONUS for me, if we do the other GE stuff Friday night that means we can use the EEMH for our planned HS day on something else and avoid the insanity!)

Thankful I saw the news about the reservations on this board! DH managed to score a res at Savi's on Friday night 8/30 just the other day (idk how!!!!!!! He got SO lucky) and he's so jazzed. What he didn't realize was that our park tickets don't actually start until 8/31 and he was going to cancel and I was like "Are you crazy? You'll never be able to get another reservation while we're down there." So I'm going to surprise him by covering the cost of the extra park tickets for that day. I'm not a Star Wars fan at all but I think the experience of watching him build a lightsaber will be kind of cool so I'm excited (and BONUS for me, if we do the other GE stuff Friday night that means we can use the EEMH for our planned HS day on something else and avoid the insanity!)

My dad is a mild Star Wars fan. Likes it enough but I didn't think "Spend $200" liked it. I actually left out the part of the story where after I told him of my reservation, he seemed a little dejected he wouldn't get to build one.

So during my lunch break the day after I made my reservation, I checked. I found a 12:05pm slot on the same day as my 9:25am so snapped it up. I made sure to put him down as the builder. I saw his eyes light up when I told him. This actually works out as he tends to like to take his time and make sure he knows what he"s doing. Since my reservation is the morning one, he can be my +1 and get a better idea of what to do when his reservation comes up.

My dad is a mild Star Wars fan. Likes it enough but I didn't think "Spend $200" liked it. I actually left out the part of the story where after I told him of my reservation, he seemed a little dejected he wouldn't get to build one.

So during my lunch break the day after I made my reservation, I checked. I found a 12:05pm slot on the same day as my 9:25am so snapped it up. I made sure to put him down as the builder. I saw his eyes light up when I told him. This actually works out as he tends to like to take his time and make sure he knows what he"s doing. Since my reservation is the morning one, he can be my +1 and get a better idea of what to do when his reservation comes up.

........I'm not crying, you're crying.

I Love Star Wars. My plan is trying to go in Early Thursday and try to get in. I have backup plans if I can't. I will be down there for a week so I Have a few times to try to go and see it. If I don't I will be back in November and possibly January.

Going on a weekday in October. I'm way into Star Wars, kids like it, but don't love it. We're planning on using EEMH, but heading to TSL first to get all our rides in (will take the older boy to do RnR and ToT) - we may punt on Slinky if the lines are too long. My plan is to get the kids some breakfast sandwiches, maybe buy them a toy to play with and get to SWGE by 8:30 or so to stand in line. Hopefully the people that got their first have gotten through a bit, and the regular crowd isn't in yet. If all goes well, we will have hit everything we want to hit by 10 and can use the next 2-3 hours to just take in shows, enjoy the park, use our FP+ and pray we can get a Slinky FP+. Then we're taking a nap and heading to MK that evening.

But this could all change! Plan on monitoring the situation in September and adjusting accordingly.

Is anyone else just frustrated by the whole thing?

I missed the reservation announcement so no reservation for Oga. Even with 6am opening it's just sounding like trying to see anything there will be a waste of time.

Rethinking going to Hollywood Studios at all.

I missed the reservation announcement so no reservation for Oga. Even with 6am opening it's just sounding like trying to see anything there will be a waste of time.

The only thing you MIGHT not see is Savi experience and Oga, other than that you can still walk around, go on the falcon, watch people building droids, eat, shop.
And you can always try standby for Oga if you want

Just yesterday, I was able to change my Oga's reservation to an earlier time. I probably went back to the ADR site 5 or 6 times before I got it. I have to think it's not impossible to still get one.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if there are people with multiple Oga's reservations who eventually cancel some or people who let them go for other reasons as their trips approach. I hope you're able to find one!

I was definitely frustrated and a little down when I couldn't get Oga's. I just kept persisting and checking. Got lucky finding a reservation. Hope you do too.

It's the one thing I don't like about Disney, the competition for popular reservations 🤣.

I was definitely frustrated and a little down when I couldn't get Oga's. I just kept persisting and checking. Got lucky finding a reservation. Hope you do too.

It's the one thing I don't like about Disney, the competition for popular reservations 🤣.

The thing with a WDW vacation is it takes LOTS of planning, and I mean more so then any other vacation spot! Most of us in here know this and plan accordingly, then in the middle of the day with no notice they drop SWGE is opening, midweek at the end of August...... :sad2: THEN again with no notice Disney drops reservations for GE for Savi's, Droid depot, and Oga's, kind of makes thing hard to schedule without deciding to spend the whole day in long lines.....It was pure luck when I booked our HS day on the 29th WAY back when we were allowed to book ADR's and when the big 3 opened up as I saw a thread in here about reservations for Savi's and was messing around on the WDW web site and then there it was "check availability" button for Savi's and was able to book. So our day of endless lines was no longer! Sucks to not be as lucky and I feel the frustration of some who are not able to book BUT persistence is the key, keep on trying as openings do happen every now and then, good luck!

I was booked for a regular visit around my birthday, it's a less expensive time to visit WDW so I usually come for that, and when I learned about the GE opening all I wanted was to get into Oga's on the birthday (old school Star Wars fan here, when I turned 13 I had a Star Wars party, went to see the movie for like the 4th time and everything). I was going to show up at 5 if I needed to, just to do that.

I was also lucky enough to be looking when the reservations opened, so I am now getting into Oga's without having to wonder when it could possibly happen. threw in a droid build too. I'm not staying all day, just into the afternoon (birthday dinner is going to be out at Disney Springs), so I'm going to wait and do the ride after Labor Day when they have the Extra Extra Magic Hours. If it's just resort guests, we may not have to wait so long in line for the ride. and I'm going on the second day it's open and I can go in at 8 instead of 5. It is a relief not thinking about getting up at 4.

Anyway, just keep looking. I also think that past the first few opening days, you won't have any huge issues if you just want to walk in and look around. And there are going to be some cancellations opening up for Oga's and the merchandise events. If you can check every once in awhile you may be lucky enough to snag one. If you're going on the 29th, 30th or 31st you may end up having access to the virtual queue if they use it, which would be nice if you didn't get reservations for stuff.

I'm sure there will be day-of or last minute cancellations as peoples' plans shift, or they're able to score earlier ressies themselves - don't lose hope! If it's something you really want to do just keep at it refreshing the reservations pages.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter