Anyone attempting to go to Galaxy's Edge in the first few months/year of opening? Do you have a plan/strategy?

What's your Galaxy's Edge Strategy?

• Total voters

steg

DIS Veteran
I've been waffling back and forth with whether or not to even bother attempting to go to Galaxy's Edge on our mid-November trip and can't decide if it would be better to go first thing in the morning with morning EMH or trying to go during the week on a Tuesday or Wednesday or not to bother scheduling it at all.

I'm not super concerned about Smuggler's run especially if there's no FP+ availability, just would like to visit Savi's to build a lightsaber, maybe stop by Dok Ondars, and then just take in the Atmosphere before leaving still pretty early in the morning like 9:30-10:00 (or 10:00-10:30) if on a day without morning EMH, (still holding out for morning 6AM Extra EMH for November) and then get out of there and head over to Epcot.

What are you all doing with regards to Galaxy's Edge on your upcoming trip?

We are going Oct 28th- Nov 5th. The first few days we are doing AK and MK then on wednesday and Thursday we are taking advantage of the EMH ( staying at BCV) and we are going to SWGE. After it starts getting crowded we are heading over to TSL and then having lunch at Sci Fi. That is our plan as of now but who knows our plans could change but the first few days won't because that is when i made our dining reservations so we can have the rest of the week free for SWGE

Well, we will be there on Aug 29!!!....................

Made our plans for the last week of August WAYYYYYY back in Feb, booked it, planned it, Thur the 29th worked best for our HS day and then BAM out of nowhere SWGE was announced, on a Thursday and at the end of August, really........Have contemplated switching but FP+ and dining ADR's booked it could be a bit difficult to do now so we are stuck......so here we go!

Went arrive the day after it opens ( not on purpose) and are taking a wait and see approach. We are not Star Wars fans so we could really take it or leave it. That being said, I would love to see it just to see all the details of the land. We can all say what we want about Disney but they always do an amazing job with design details. If all the true fans go to the 6:00 am opening and there are reasonable crowds later in the day we will definitely walk through. My fast passes window opened this morning and couldn’t justify wasting a whole days fastpasses for 1 ride so I skipped booking anything there.

You are fortunate that you have some time to see how everything plays out before you make a decision.

We get there in September a week after opening and my husband is a Star Wars fan, so we'd love to give it a shot but are also trying to keep our expectations low. We have a toddler and baby so EEMH isn't too hard for us since we're up that early anyways. I'm just concerned with how busy the EEMH will be and if getting there an hour or so before will be enough to get in with the first wave. We can't get there and sit much more than that with the kids, so if that's the case we will wait until our next trip I think. Hoping that there will be enough reports here to help us figure out the situation!

I am arriving on Aug 30. We are staying onsite, and will get up super early for extra magic hours at 6:00 on sep 1. We will try for savi’s, the droid depot and Olga’s Canteena. If it works out for the ride, that will be nice too, but not expecting much. If we don’t get it all done, I will ask the kids if they want to use another park day, or designate it for Epcot (their favourite park). Hoping Savi’s is bookable online. A YouTube blogger from Disneyland said that’s how they were organizing it now there.

I am arriving on Aug 30. We are staying onsite, and will get up super early for extra magic hours at 6:00 on sep 1. We will try for savi’s, the droid depot and Olga’s Canteena. If it works out for the ride, that will be nice too, but not expecting much. If we don’t get it all done, I will ask the kids if they want to use another park day, or designate it for Epcot (their favourite park). Hoping Savi’s is bookable online. A YouTube blogger from Disneyland said that’s how they were organizing it now there.
Both oga and savi are through same day reservations at DL.

Both oga and savi are through same day reservations at DL.
[/QUOTE]
Thanks! I looked at the Disneyland website for more info. I will check to see if I can reserve online while I am waiting in the Looonng line to get in the park that day. Still hoping it’s bookable online, fingers crossed.

Also hoping to Savi's on our day, curious as to what WDW will do as I still dont think it will be a free for all........but who knows....

We are there from 17 September... planning on getting there for EEMH and hoping for the best! can't really plan anything different at the minute as we don't know what it's like!

We arrive 8/31 and are planning 2 DHS days 1 for SWGE and 1 for TSL. We are doing a Wed EEMH for SWGE and a Fri EEMH for TSL-both of those days we will be at the gates super early. Today was my FP day and I was surprised that I got all of the FP's at close to the times I wanted them.

We'll be there in mid-Sept. We will take advantage of EEMH (extra early).

That said, we went twice to SW:GE at DL during the Reservation period, once since and twice more expected this week.

Last edited:
Not sure yet. We arrive the week after the EMHs end. If they extend those, I will definitely take advantage, otherwise I have a weekday morning reserved in my plan for it. Like you, I am more interested in soaking up the atmosphere than doing rides.

Thanks for all of your input! I always assumed any EMH morning or evening = Bad and to find somewhere else to go that day but it looks like it might be the way to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!