Anyone attempting to go to Galaxy's Edge in the first few months/year of opening? Do you have a plan/strategy?

What's your Galaxy's Edge Strategy?

• Total voters
I always assumed any EMH morning or evening = Bad and to find somewhere else to go that day but it looks like it might be the way to go.

If im not mistaken for at least the month of September EMH at Hollywood starts at 6AM every day. So can really avoid that.

Thanks for all of your input! I always assumed any EMH morning or evening = Bad and to find somewhere else to go that day but it looks like it might be the way to go.
or (draw that word out to about 15 syllables) ... you've just proved that it is, indeed, the worst time to go. Seems the large majority of those responding will be there during the EEMH.

Im going to wdw 11/17-11/22 and plan to hit HS 2 days, at opening...we ARE big Star Wars fans (I actually helped run a booth at Celebration in Chicago in April and went thru the SWGE experience there) but our expectations are low.A friend had a ressie for day 5 at DL and he said it was fairly empty at 6pm, but I am worried...I hope WDW works out the kinks. I just really want to soak up the ambiance and interact with the characters. We are going to DL in 2020,so if my HS SWGE doesnt work out, Ive got that to look forward to...

We will try an EEMH early in our trip (if we`re up early enough). Toward the end of our trip, we will try late evening/before closing time. One of those should be good.

Feb 2020, and my preliminary plan is a Park Hopper and no ADRs for maximum flexibility.

If they're still doing a super early 6 am EMH, I'd be tempted to try that, but a regular 8 am EMH, not sure.

We are going the first week of Feb 2020. This far out with so little information about hours, when the second ride opens etc, I feel like I can’t even begin to decide if we will attempt it.

We’ve gone every year for the last six years, but have no plans to go in 2021 because of other big vacation plans. So I feel like we should try.

How far out do you think Disney will announce park hours, EMH for Feb 2020?

We'll be at the World Sept 3-13th. Our HS days are Wednesday Sept 4th and Tuesday Sept 10th. Our plan is to arrive at 4:45isham for the EEMH both days for SWGE. I have FP set for our other park favorites starting around 11am, then we'll be done with HS for the day. Hopefully that works, ha!

Will FP be available for Smuggler's Run? I've read conflicting information on that so I'm not sure.

We're going early September. Plan is to hit the park at EEMH, but rope drop all the others stuff (SDD, ToT, RnR) until the SWGE virtual queue hits, then plan from there.

We had our trip already planned for Sept 2-6 so on our Hollywood Studios day we will take advantage of Extra extra magic hours and visit Galaxy's edge. I'm not concerned with getting on the Millennium falcon ride, I just want to build droids!

We are going for Thanksgiving. Our first park day is Thanksgiving Day, and we have only three park days total. I wouldn't even attempt it if it was just my DH and me, but we will have our two DSs and their DGFs. One of our DSs is a huge Star Wars fan. And we aren't planning another trip with them until we have DGC, which will be YEARS from now!!! So I have the pressure to make sure they get in. Right now the plan is two mornings at DHS. I think Thanksgiving morning we will try to get into SWGE, and the other morning will be TSL/ToT/RnRC. The main problem I see is if RotR is open. There's no way we will be able to get two SWGE rides + SDD with just two RDs.

From the pucs of SWGE at DL, it looks so much nore amazing at night...we are honestly gonna wing it in November, weve left 2 days open and have park hoppers, so just gonna wing it. Im hoping for an atmospheric night experience....who knows how crowds will be???

I think everyone will be flooding GE in the morning, so we will try for late evening/just before closing time at the end of our trip. That strategy has never failed us when trying to ride headliners, so I don`t see why it wouldn`t apply to GE, too.

That being said, if my entire group of seven people are up early enough, we might take a shot at one or two EEMH.

We are headed 12/18-12/26 this year. We are Star Wars fans . We are hoping that there will be some sort of strategy by Disney for park entry by then. If not it we will be paying for dah if offered or getting up early for for eemh!! My 19 yr old ds has already told me the only thing he wants for Christmas is to make a light saber! :darth:

Crazy person here going with his dad the first week of December.

My strategy is not to even bother with the ride(s) (not sure when RotR will open) there. I'm just going to try to take in the land and hopefully get into Oga's Cantina. I'd like to build lightsaber (I have my credits set aside for this), but in all honesty the bar for me takes precedence.

That said, I have Tuesday as a HS day (yes, I have another. I told you I'm crazy). I feel that will be my best bet in getting in.

I'm not going until next July....more than enough time for everyone else to be the guinea pigs!

That being said, we have 8 park days and park hoppers. In my head my plan is one morning DHS for GE and then hop to Epcot. One morning TSL and then hop to Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!