Anyone attempting to go to Galaxy's Edge in the first few months/year of opening? Do you have a plan/strategy?

What's your Galaxy's Edge Strategy?

• Total voters
Since I live local and AP (don't have to worry about bus transportation), I'm thinking of booking a hotel at disney springs to get the EEMH. I usually get a day off work in the middle of the week, so that helps too.

May do it mid to late Sept.

I am going solo September 11 for 5 days. I have MK After hours and MNSSHP, all purchased before the EEMH were announced. I am going to try for EEMH, but not after my late MK nights. I have time to see how the first 10 days shake out. I want to see real data on what time people are arriving at DHS and what the crowd is like. Luckily, going by myself means I can do whatever I want. Skip SWGE if it is impossible, or go three mornings in a row, if the crowds are manageable.

We’re going to be at beach club sept 19-22. The plan is to be at the early EMH, we want to ride smugglers run, build a droid and get pics around the land. (Only myself and my 11 year old nephew have committed to the early morning insanity. The rest of the group has no interest in anything that involves waking up before 9am hahaha) then head back to the hotel for pool time.

I'm going with my mother and I'm planning on a Tuesday EEMH (October 1). My FP+ window opens in 2 days and I'm struggling with my itinerary. We're staying at BC and I can't even plan on how we're even getting to DHS. The Skyliner is set to open the day after we arrive but can I really rely on that?? Everything is just so uncertain regarding that park. I might have to wing-it and I'm not that kind of vacation planner. At all.

Planning to visit sometime in February so I'm hoping that there will certainly be lower crowds and make it easier to experience all GE has to offer. What's happened in DL this summer certainly gives me hope. That plus RoR will be 2 months old at that point and that time of year is during school for just about all of the USA.

So are we expecting more details on how this will all play out? Right now, we're shooting to be at DS at 6:00 AM on a date in late September. I'm guessing it'll be a virtual queue situation but that it might end up being just one big line (which we're prepared for). Skimming this thread it appears that others are going to go early and just try their luck. Is that the consensus?

So are we expecting more details on how this will all play out? Right now, we're shooting to be at DS at 6:00 AM on a date in late September. I'm guessing it'll be a virtual queue situation but that it might end up being just one big line (which we're prepared for). Skimming this thread it appears that others are going to go early and just try their luck. Is that the consensus?

I am curious about this as well. My best friend and I will be there in late September and plan on "getting in line" around 4 am for the 6 am opening...is that a smart strategy? Or, do we not know at this point because we don't know how they are handling the lines?

I want to go on 8/30 because it's my birthday. I don't want to camp out at DHS. I would be good with going over as soon as resort transportation starts (which I think is like 5 AM). But if I have to stand in line just to enter the SGE land for hours and hours, I will go to Epcot instead.

I can go to a EEMH later in the week though, and probably will even if I get in on the 30th.

If I wanted to get there at 4:30 I would take Lyft. But I'm going to go with catching the bus at 5.

Last edited:
I am curious about this as well. My best friend and I will be there in late September and plan on "getting in line" around 4 am for the 6 am opening...is that a smart strategy? Or, do we not know at this point because we don't know how they are handling the lines?
I don't think anyone knows for sure yet, but I would think getting there at 4am would certainly put you ahead of the crowds.

Thankfully we aren’t going until week of January 12-19 so will have lots of threads to read on what is the best option and how they are handling the crowds. Only have one day planned for DHS, if we only get to walk around that’s ok, we will be back in the future DD and I aren’t super fans, so not the end of the world if we don’t get to ride.

We’ll be there late October. I’m hoping everyone that goes in September and October ahead of us figures out which strategies will work.

Since we are staying at Ft Wilderness in our camper, I’m planning on driving over to HS for EEMH at 6am with coffee in hand to park close to the front.

The one vlog I watched, seemed to think that by October the line up for 6am entrance won’t require us to get there at 5am. Fingers crossed. I’ll check here to see how Sept goes.

For the first day that we do SWGE - which will be a Tuesday - that’s our focus for 6-9am. We will do the ride first, then Droid Depot/Cantina whichever seems easier.

That may depend on if they are running out of parts to build droids at the Droid Depot. I plan on sewing a bag for a droid - but if they are out of parts - we’ll just head to the Cantina, then walk around and do the interactive Datapad game.

I’ll FP+ TSM for us for 10 am. Before/by 9am - I’ll check if there are any rides less than 30min lines in TSL. Once we’ve used our TSM FP - we will check to see if there are any rides less than 30 mins. If not - we are off to Epcot! I’ll prob check for FP there as well.

I might see about getting an evening seating at Sci Fi either by checking MDE or walking up to the desk in the late morning when we are by SWGE.

I’m looking forward to riding the Skyliner - I hope to have a Skyliner t shirt before we arrive to Disney. So we’ll ride the stops (Caribbean and Riviera) over to Epcot.

If we end up at Epcot 10am - noon. We’ll start doing the WS and the FW festival. After enjoying Epcot - and since there will be no IlluminNations (Darn) we will jump back on the Skyliner (through Riviera and Caribbean) hopefully at night!!! To see out of the Skyliner at sunset/night will be so cool.

Back at HS, if there are any short lines - we’ll jump on them. If we get a reservation for SciFi to have drinks, we’ll do that. If we can get in a virtual line for SWGE at night - we’ll do that. I’m happy with just walking around SWGE at night and that’s it.

Then we’ll drive back from a sweet parking spot in the front of the lot to the camper when we’ve had enough. Then if still conscious- head to hot tub to soak our poor feet!

We’re there Sept 15th - 21st planning on going Wed the 18th but whether or not we use the EEMH is still a wait and see. We’re going to keep an eye on whatever data is available and make decision once we’re there.

So buddy of mine is coming down for this birthday. Original plan was just for Halloween Horror Nights at Universal. But because I used to work for Wyndham and stayed at many of their places, I was able to rack up enough points for a free 1 night stay at Garden Lakes in Disney Springs. So we're going to check it out using EMH. Going on a Thurs Sept 5. My hope is to get there by 5am, and be done with GE by 9am. We don't have interest in building a droid or lightsaber. I really want to check out the Cantina, but don't wanna be drinking that early! Have a FP for ToT at 915am, and 2 burner ones after that. Hope to be done with HS before 12pm (maybe we'll try to head back to cantina before we leave, but we'll see). Then I'm gonna show him AK and try to do FoP and Everest, then head to Epcot for some F&W.

We planned our trip 9/13-22 because we wanted to avoid SWGE, but of course that changed after we paid all our money... so...

We're gonna go on 9/18 for EEMH and hope for the best. We do DLR frequently so I'm not going to be super upset if we can't do it all or even half, but hopefully it will work out ok.

I’m going Sept 1 & 2nd. We will be doing EEMH those two days. We are planing on getting to DHS around 5am, but I have 4 1/2 year old twins, so we shall see how that goes. I might even put them to bed in their clothes, so I don’t have to wake them up to leave. We will stay for EEMH only, then go back to our hotel for swim and a nap.
I didn’t want to throw away FPs, so I have them scheduled in other parks for later in the afternoon. Im going to try to post a trip report for those two mornings on the board.

We will be there the week in December when RoR opens. Started planning this trip last December and cannot change it, so....we plan on just winging SWGE. If we can ride anything, great. I would be happy just to see the land and be able to walk around, but if it's shoulder-to-shoulder crowds, the DH and I will skip the land entirely. I'm just hoping that DHS as a whole won't be overrun as ToT is my favorite parks ride of any park on the planet and I would HATE to miss it. We have been to WDW many times and if I have to skip DHS altogether this trip and just do an extra Epcot day - I'm OK with that too. I can't wait for the trip reports after the land opening. May the force be with all of those DIS'ers who will be there!!!!
:chewy: popcorn::

I'm headed there mid-Sept - and I'm frustrated because I don't know how to plan. I'm on-property and plan to line up for a 6 am opening. The thing that's so uncertain right now is not knowing WHEN I should plan to try catching the bus at the hotel. I'm assuming there will be a 5 am bus. But will they let folks park there starting at ???? Is arriving by the first bus going to be too late? I wish Disney had already put out more info!

I did decide to book my FP's in other parks at mid-day times since I have an AP.

I'm really hoping Disney does some type of line up that's a LINE - vs. a massive holding pen. You can be one of the first people at a tapstile - but if you don't cope well with the large crowds - you can end up being WAY, WAY back in the pack.

I'm headed there mid-Sept - and I'm frustrated because I don't know how to plan. I'm on-property and plan to line up for a 6 am opening. The thing that's so uncertain right now is not knowing WHEN I should plan to try catching the bus at the hotel. I'm assuming there will be a 5 am bus. But will they let folks park there starting at ???? Is arriving by the first bus going to be too late? I wish Disney had already put out more info!

I did decide to book my FP's in other parks at mid-day times since I have an AP.

I'm really hoping Disney does some type of line up that's a LINE - vs. a massive holding pen. You can be one of the first people at a tapstile - but if you don't cope well with the large crowds - you can end up being WAY, WAY back in the pack.

agreed, I know i'm going to be there at 5am. What I've been wracking my brain is should I keep my FP's that I have at HS, or book for another park in the afternoon since we're park hopping. Problem is who knows how long it's gonna take to get through GE, then standby SSD, ToT and RRC (my current FP is for ToT at 9am), especially if it's just a free for all inside GE

The problem I have is transportation that early. We can walk from Yacht Club but my mom won’t be able to make that walk. Will the boats get her there early enough? Will they run a bus? What if she has to walk and then stand in a line to get into the land for an hour or two? She could do one but not both. I understand Disney doesn’t know but part of me is so frustrated I just want to chuck all my plans to go. I will probably split the family up and send my dad with my husband and kids and then I will wait with my mom and hopefully they have some type of virtual queue we can get into. I can’t imagine it would be so crowded we would be kept out the whole day.

Our FP window opens tomorrow for our Oct 5th - Oct 10th visit. We do have hoppers. We also rope drop so certainly plan to get there well before the EMH open time. Our current plan has us hitting DHS twice and I'm still not sure what I want to do in regards to FP.

1) Don't use any FP at DHS. Use it for another park that we will pivot to after 2-3 hours in DHS.
2) Visit #1 - Hit SW Land, take it in, get out. Try to get in a few other rides then move along to wherever we booked our FP.
3) Visit #2 - Avoid SW land, focus on RnR --> ToT --> TSMM. Pick up whatever other rides we can then pivot to wherever we booked our FP.
4) Either #1 or #2 - Place our FP in DHS. Use them if we decide we want to otherwise just try to pick up FP elsewhere for that afternoon/evening.

Yeah this EMH situation has really screwed everything up for us this year.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts