Anyone attempting to go to Galaxy's Edge in the first few months/year of opening? Do you have a plan/strategy?

What's your Galaxy's Edge Strategy?

• Total voters
This seems counter intuitive to me.
It's been pretty evident that when a ride doesn't have FP+ that the standby moves faster. This way only the standby line is getting on, and nobody is interrupting the line with their FP+. One might think that without FP+ then everyone is instead getting into the standby line, but the standby line does indeed move quicker. I strongly suspect that's why the wait has average 60-70 minutes since opening, since there isn't any FP+ offering yet.

It's been pretty evident that when a ride doesn't have FP+ that the standby moves faster. This way only the standby line is getting on, and nobody is interrupting the line with their FP+. One might think that without FP+ then everyone is instead getting into the standby line, but the standby line does indeed move quicker. I strongly suspect that's why the wait has average 60-70 minutes since opening, since there isn't any FP+ offering yet.
Good explanation. Thanks.

My wife and I are going in early May, and I'm trying to plan a few different DHS strategies so that we have options, given all the unknown variables right now. With the FP+ tiers as they are now, my current strategy is FP+ for SDD and RD RotR then MF:SR. However, if they add FP+ to SW:GE, I was thinking a better strategy might be FP+ for RotR and RD MF:SR then SDD.

Thoughts? I know that there's not really any usable wait time info yet, and a lot of the specifics are still up in the air and will likely change, but I'm curious as to what others think, and if there might be any other potential strategies.

I'll be very curious to see how it is during fall break and Jersey week. I'm basing my strategy for Thanksgiving on how those 2 weeks go down.

My wife and I are going in early May, and I'm trying to plan a few different DHS strategies so that we have options, given all the unknown variables right now. With the FP+ tiers as they are now, my current strategy is FP+ for SDD and RD RotR then MF:SR. However, if they add FP+ to SW:GE, I was thinking a better strategy might be FP+ for RotR and RD MF:SR then SDD.

Thoughts? I know that there's not really any usable wait time info yet, and a lot of the specifics are still up in the air and will likely change, but I'm curious as to what others think, and if there might be any other potential strategies.

We were there on opening day and had reservations for the big 3 starting @ 8AM, we walked about Batuu so we could experience a new land on opening day, MFSR was immediately at 300mins+ even after opening! (did not ride it that day)......But were able to to ToT, RnRC, SDD, TSM ALL before 12 PM.......We even were able to ride TOT 3times that day with NO FP+, our longest wait was 15 mins, RnRC twice, even gave up our FP+ for the day, SDD @ 8PM as we were just too exhausted from the excitement and heat we decided to return to the resort for some much needed rest!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!