• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone attend a SDV at the Contemp???

craziefortigger

Mouseketeer
I saw that there was a scrapbooking weekend at the Contemporary recently through Scrapper's Dream Vacation = anyone go? Any reviews??? I see that the next one isn't until Aug of 06 but if it comes recommended I'd mark that one on my calendar.

Anyone been to any other weekend scrapbooking getaways in Florida?

THANKS

Patty

Don't know where the girls are..
Both happylady and BernardandMissBianca went.
Bumping this so they see it.

i didn't go, but a friend of mine did...she said that it was awesome!!!

i wish i had known about it sooner, or else i would've been there!!!

is it going to be there again next year? when do you sign up for it???

I went with my mom for 2 days, it was so much fun. The prices were a good deal and it included 1 meal a day. They had probably 7-9 vendors there selling stuff. There was plenty of room at the tables to spread out little. They would make announcements for scrappers in need and they ladies were very helpful if you needed something. The doors were open all day and night, you could go there at 3 am and see people scrapping, I swear some never left. My biggest problem was the draw to the parks, we spent more time in the parks than scrapping but it was mom's first trip to the world.
I think registration starts in October and the dates for the event are August 24-27, 2006. I would really like to go again but it falls on DH's b'day so I'm not sure he would be willing to watch the kids all weekend. Who knows, I might convince him by then.
I hope you can go, it was a blast and everyone was really nice!
Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Thanks Kristy for bumping, we were doing b'day cards for Ray this morning so I'm late DIS'ing today.

Sorry that I never posted after SDV. We had a great time...as usual! We stayed up WAY too late every night and got up WAY too early every morning. We tried to miss nothing!! Being South Florida residents, we did not want to go to any of the parks since it was the middle of August...too, too hot! This was Janie and my third SDV, Ellen second and Tabby and Michelle's first. Everyone had a fantastic time. This year we all took classes to learn new techniques. The classes were great. We all learnt so much and shared it with each other.

The lighting was a big issue. I was told that this was an issue that will be addressed for next year. The air conditioning was also an issue, but was addressed during the event.

I wish they had another event closer to South Florida after the first of the year. I can not wait for next year!

Off to listen to the Hurricane Katrina batter our area....still have power, but no TV cable!

happylady said:
Off to listen to the Hurricane Katrina batter our area....still have power, but no TV cable!

Stay safe, we will be thinking of you!!! Hopefully she won't stick around too long.

The biggest issue I had with the lights were the heat from them. I was right under one of the big lights and was sweating like crazy. Our table was to the right as you walked in the door so the lights shutting off didn't affect us. Did you get lots of complements on the shirts? I kept getting stopped and sent it to three people when I got home.

We had the shirts laying out on the table Friday evening as a surprise when the last two of group arrived. Everyone kept stopping and asking shere we got them.

I had one of the spot lights shining on the side of my face, so I had shadows while working and kept getting blinded by it if I looked to the right. :sad2:

Luckily, here in central and northern Palm Beach County, we were spared the hurricane force winds and heavy rain that those south of us received. We had a few branches down in our yard, but nothing like last year when we were hit by Hurricanes Frances and Jeanne.

I'm glad you were spared. We are very over do for a hurricane here. We haven't had one since Gloria in 85'. We thought Irene would get us but the cold front pushed it out to sea.

I hear you about the spot light, hopefully they will work on changing that for next year. Other than the lights we had a great time. It was nice to do scrapping without the kids and husband pestering my to finish up and cook dinner and my mom got away from my dad and brother. She said it was the least stressful she had felt in a long time. I hope we can go next year but I'm bringing wine next time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter