Anyone been to Beaches and Cream since re-opening?

mmackeymouse

DIS Veteran
I read a comment from someone sho went to Beaches and Cream, and they said the place was jam packed, completely full.

Most of the photos and videos I have seen, the restaurant has ranged from nearly empty to maybe 3/4 full at the most.

I wanted to see if anyone had any reports back from the location. I was under the impression that they do have capacity limits and tables blocked off, so I'd be very surprised if it was at max capacity.

But, according to this poster, it was as busy as normal. Just trying to figure out what to do with ADRs.

We went June 25. Some of the tables were blocked off. I’ve never been before, but I’d guess they also removed some of the tables. There was quite a bit of space between them.

We felt that Beaches & Cream was still too cramped last Saturday afternoon even with a few tables removed, my DW felt so uncomfortable with the distancing there that she ending up leaving before the waiter even stopped by. The rest of us couldn't wait to leave as the service was slow and they only looked to have one cook behind the counter in the kitchen and another dishing up the ice cream, after our meal we took our ice creams to go.

We went June 25. Some of the tables were blocked off. I’ve never been before, but I’d guess they also removed some of the tables. There was quite a bit of space between them.

Yeah, it's good they removed tables for spacing.

Still, if all the tables are full, no matter how far apart they are, I'd still say that is too full.

We felt that Beaches & Cream was still too cramped last Saturday afternoon even with a few tables removed, my DW felt so uncomfortable with the distancing there that she ending up leaving before the waiter even stopped by. The rest of us couldn't wait to leave as the service was slow and they only looked to have one cook behind the counter in the kitchen and another dishing up the ice cream, after our meal we took our ice creams to go.

That's a shame. A bummer to hear. I hope someone in charge takes notice, and requires them to scale back on things. I plan to keep our ADR for now, but...I'm definitely keeping an ear out.

We were there yesterday for lunch. I think they had fifteen or so tables seated with another four or five of the two-tops in the middle of the restaurant unseated. They were turning away walk ups while we were there so they were intentionally not seating those two tops.

They had the rest of the tables spread 6-8 feet apart from each other and clearly had removed a lot from the normal seating arrangement. Compared to what it was the last time we went (early Feb) it was far less crowded. Whether that's still too crowded or not probably depends on your point of view but my party of three felt pretty comfortable with the spacing.

Service WAS slow, but we weren't in a rush, so we didn't mind at all.

We attempted to eat there last week but it was booked. We were able to order ice cream from the takeout window.

In addition to the lower capacity, there aren't many dining options at the Boardwalk for the few people staying at the Beach Club and Boardwalk DVC properties.

We ate there yesterday, Monday evening. There was plenty of space. We had a reservation and they’re were running about 30 minutes behind. No reservation, no seating. The window was still open. You got to enter from the Beach Club side since the Yacht Club is closed.

We ate there yesterday, Monday evening. There was plenty of space. We had a reservation and they’re were running about 30 minutes behind. No reservation, no seating. The window was still open. You got to enter from the Beach Club side since the Yacht Club is closed.
Did I read this correctly that the walk up window was open for ordering? Had seen conflicting reports on this before.

Ate there Friday evening. It was yummy. But we were a little uncomfortable with the crowd size. Yes, the tables were distanced and everyone was being great. It was just full. And we're probably a little over cautious. The walk-up window was open, BTW.

We have an ADR for 9/3 but its at a weird time and not sure I want to keep it. All I really want is the Mini Mickey Sink ice cream. Can I get that at the walk up to-go window? And does anyone know if this can be made with non-dairy ice cream? Thanks!

We have an ADR for 9/3 but its at a weird time and not sure I want to keep it. All I really want is the Mini Mickey Sink ice cream. Can I get that at the walk up to-go window? And does anyone know if this can be made with non-dairy ice cream? Thanks!
The Mini Mickey Sink is available at the walk-up window. As for a nondairy version, I don't know. With the pandemic, options have been reduced, so I would check before you go.

The reservation could help you park at the Beach Club, however, if you are driving over.

The Mini Mickey Sink is available at the walk-up window. As for a nondairy version, I don't know. With the pandemic, options have been reduced, so I would check before you go.

The reservation could help you park at the Beach Club, however, if you are driving over.
Thanks! We'll be staying at The Swan so will just be walking over. Glad to have this info about the availability at the window!

What can be ordered at the walk up window? Food or just ice cream?

Just ice cream and drinks. They will generally make certain ice cream treats from the inside menu that aren't on the outside menu board, though. So if there's something you know you like but don't see it listed, definitely ask.

I usually get my No Way Jose from the walk up window. Kind of nice just sitting outside instead of being inside even though you can't watch the swimmers now :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter