Anyone been to both Sea World Orlando AND Sea World San Antonio?

mog

DIS Veteran
I am very familiar with the Orlando Sea World, but we are taking a group to San Antonio this summer and will be going to Sea World there. I was just wondering if anyone had been there and could compare. Is it about the same size? Can you spend a whole day there with plenty to do? Any other differences?

thanks!

We just bought annual passes there for the next two years...so we are hoping for good reviews too. Any ideas where to stay with a family of 6?

I grew up in Texas but have lived in Florida for the past 7 years. Therefore I don't remember a lot. What I DO remember: in TX there are no manatees or polar bears. The dolphin show is different. Ok, I'm sorry but I thought I remembered more than that.

Oh, the dolphin feeding is Way different!! In TX everyone is allowed to stand around the dolphin pool all day. There is no time limit and you don't have to buy food. There also is not an underground area to see them up close either. This might be why everyone is allowed to gather around the pool. There also isn't a dolphin nursery like in FL. Not sure if any of this has changed since I moved.

Sorry, I keep remembering stuff! In Tx you can swim with sealions and also dolphins I think. There isn't an Artic area. The belugas are outside and I don't remember if the walrus is on display or not. As I said before there aren't any polar bears.

The Tx Sea world is quite different! You will have roller coasters and some some water rides. The park itself is not tropical due to the climate. It's huge with a lot of walking between attractions. Aquatica is located in the park but not included in your Seaworld ticket. Their are belugas, penguins, ect but no Polar bears and no under ground viewing of sea life. The aquarium being the only exhibit for this type of viewing ( penguins too ) Our family has been going since it first opened and have seen a lot of changes.... The shows are basically the same in all the parks with a few differences. We love Sea World but advise a lot of sunscreen because you will have little shade it's really the hottest park. Summer temps high 90's plus...... On the pavement way over a 100 degrees! Despite the heat we really love the park and take advantage of aquatica in the afternoon. But this water park will max out and the line to get in can be ridiculous.
Hope I helped. You can PM me if you have any questions.

We just bought annual passes there for the next two years...so we are hoping for good reviews too. Any ideas where to stay with a family of 6?

You will have a lot of great hotel choices Fairfield, Springhill Suites and the other Marriot owned hotels are just minutes away. Most hotels close by are just a few years old. Book early for weekends because they do sell out. SpringHill is great for a big family with free breakfast. The rooms have a split bath, closet, microwave ect. The sofa is enormous. The two queen beds are divided from the small living area by a desk. The Flat screen swiveled to be able to watch in both areas. We paid about 100 a nite.
Have a great trip if you have questions you can PM me

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter