Anyone been to China wardrobe questions

upbeatred

Mouseketeer
We are very excited to be headed to China with ABD this August. I know it is going to be very hot and humid, but that is the only time we can make the trip. We went to Vietnam with ABD a few years ago and quite a few of the places we visited had dress codes. You had to wear long pants, cover your arms etc. We were really not prepared clothes wise. Does anyone know if many of the sites like the forbidden city, etc. have any dress codes. If we have to wear long pants, I need to be sure they are really lightweight.
Thanks for any information. By the way we adored the Vietnam trip, it was fabulous.

We are very excited to be headed to China with ABD this August. I know it is going to be very hot and humid, but that is the only time we can make the trip. We went to Vietnam with ABD a few years ago and quite a few of the places we visited had dress codes. You had to wear long pants, cover your arms etc. We were really not prepared clothes wise. Does anyone know if many of the sites like the forbidden city, etc. have any dress codes. If we have to wear long pants, I need to be sure they are really lightweight.
Thanks for any information. By the way we adored the Vietnam trip, it was fabulous.

There were no dress codes for the places we visited on the China ABD. We went in June and wore shorts and short sleeve shirts most of the days including the Forbidden City.

Same here. I also went in June, wore shorts, yoga pants and T-shirts most of the days. No dress code for the activities. There are 3 nights that you'll need a nice outfit for dinner (welcome dinner, ERA night and farewell dinner).

Sayhello

Yes, to everything above. Moisture wicking clothes, good walking shoes and an umbrella (not so much for rain but for the sun). I wore my Keen sandals almost every day and it was too hot for a hat, so the umbrella really made a difference. This is a great trip! Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter