Anyone been to DC when the weather was cooler(65 or below)?

lisagirl88

Mouseketeer
It looks like our day at DC in a week is going to be on the cooler side. Has anyone been at DC on a cooler day(mid to low 60's)? I really wanted a sunny warm day for this, but I assume that you just put on a full wetsuit and enjoy the day?

We were there 2/3 a sunny ~72 degree day. It was in the 50's when we arrived. I thought that we'd be in full wetsuits but the great staff recommended that we wear the short sleeved wet suits because your legs and arms don't stay wet and it's warmer when your out of the water. I can't imagine trying to go to the bathroom when wearing the full wetsuit! I would recommend going to the aviary area when you're dry if it is that cold. Don't get drawn into staying in the warm river area for too long. That happened a bit to us but I insisted that we head over to the Grand Reef and that was our favorite area:)

Have a great day.

Jeanne

We were there in October and our DC day was booked for what turned out to be the coldest day of the whole two weeks we were there. I managed to change it to the next day which was still cold but not as bad. I believe it was 55 degrees when we got there and reached 72 by mid afternoon. It was a beautiful sunny day but I was cold all day long. I think if there is no wind it would not feel as cold. We had full wetsuits and yes going to the bathroom was pretty much an impossibility. That was the worst part. DC was the best part of our vacation and I am so glad we went but I definitely felt cold all day. I am a very cold person though. No matter what the temperature is I am sure you will enjoy the day. We had our dolphin swim first and then we were advised to go to the grand reef next. The grand reef was my favourite part so we spent a fair bit of time there. At lunch time I pulled off the top part of my wet suit and pulled a sweater over my bathing suit to try and warm up a bit and right after lunch we went to the aviary. It was hard getting back into the water again but nothing was going to stop me from spending every moment I could enjoying that wonderful place.

What I should have said that when you can dry off your arms and legs it's warmer. Being in the water especially the river was warmer than being out of it. They do have heater units like outdoor restaurants in the area with tables. You can also sit in one area of the warmer water and have a drink:) You'll have a great time but I hear you. I was stressed about the temperature as well since we were going in early Feb. As long as you don't have storms that what I was really worried about.

Jeanne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter