Anyone Cancelling?

friendoffigment

DIS Veteran
Joined
May 11, 2014
with the restrictions (masks, distancing), postponements of entertainment, reservation system for parks, capacity limits for restaurants, etc is canceling your summer, fall trips on the table
 

Darcy03231

DIS Veteran
Joined
Nov 1, 2006
I am. I was booked for early September. Too much money to pay for all of the reductions in place. With the parks opening in mid-July I don't see many (if any) changes being made in the first 6 weeks. No parades, no fireworks, no character interaction/meals, no BBB, reduced hours, having to wear a mask, etc. is just too much for me to swallow. I'd rather wait until WDW is back to some semblance of normal.
 
  • AquaDame

    DCL
    Moderator
    Joined
    Jul 7, 2010
    90% sure but it would be due to the virus not yet being under control, not the restrictions to keep people safer. Only way we'd go is if the Oxford vaccine (or a different candidate) is somehow available by September, or we have a more effective treatment.

    We'd cancel and move to next year if the hotel were refundable but we rented DVC points. Now that there is a plan to be open, there is no hope on getting that back no matter how long I sit on it.
     

    gatorlisa

    DIS Veteran
    Joined
    Mar 8, 2016
    Yeah. No parades, no fireworks, no characters not a big deal for us. But what appears to be no park hopping is a deal breaker for us, at least for our planned week in September. And while in support of masks, I'm not entirely sure I can take wearing them all day in the heat and humidity of Labor Day week, so will put things off until the late fall I think and cancel Labor Day. We also had a reschedule of a reschedule of a reschdule planned for late July, but we've said all along that we don't want to go within the first couple weeks of reopening and our dates would put us exactly 1 week after all 4 parks open. So probably canceling that too. We would prefer to let them open and work out some of the kinks before going, and for it to cool off a little so we can be more comfortable in our masks.
     
  • deanimal

    DIS Veteran
    Joined
    Aug 21, 2011
    Yes, canceling for mid August. Not because of the restrictions, but because I don't trust people to adhere to the restrictions, especially being honest about their own health. I know most people are honest and considerate, but there is that small number of people who would fudge on the health questions because they don't want to give up an expensive vacation just because they've had a possible covid contact or one member of their party has slight symptoms. Heck, there's a percentage of people who say they don't believe the virus even exists! So until there's a reliable vaccine or the numbers are near zero I'm staying away because that's what I feel I need to do to keep my family safe.
     

    GADisneyDad14

    TPAS Moderator
    Moderator
    Joined
    Jul 3, 2014
    While these are temporary measures (of unknown length), the park hours and no water parks are what has likely put us over the edge to not going in July. We only have a July window as school starts first week of August, so not much time to work with.

    I still want to see more info and details to make final decisions. We'll see.
     
  • crayon3448

    DIS Veteran
    Joined
    Jan 15, 2013
    Not yet for our mid-August trip. I am glad we do not go in July because we are waiting to see how things go then before we make a final decision. We will be making the trip to Orlando to visit family anyway, so if we decide not to do Disney we will do other parks in the area.
     

    Pooh2

    Dis Veteran
    Joined
    Jan 2, 2011
    Going to watch and see how things work out before cancelling our November trip.
    We are okay with reduced hours, no parades/fireworks and characters but the mask is a deal breaker for us on such an expensive vacation.
     

    coolbrook

    DIS Veteran
    Joined
    Apr 15, 2013
    Not cancelling July 13-17 trip. I feel pretty good about Disney's plans for safety. The only thing that would cause me to cancel is if I feel unsafe flying at that time. My airline only has distancing measure lasting through May so far on their website. I'm waiting to see how they handle distancing and safety into July.
     

    G719

    DIS Veteran
    Joined
    Mar 7, 2012
    We are canceling our July 30 trip. I am ready to cancel but website says I have to call to cancel so I am putting that off for now. Not sure what the phone wait times are right now. I'll wait until the dust settles and take care of it. We are going to reschedule for May 2021 so I may just wait until the 2021 packages are released (hopefully) in June.
     

    WhitneyMB

    Mouseketeer
    Joined
    Apr 15, 2011
    We're holding onto our (re-scheduled) short October DVC trip. If we cancel, it will ultimately because we feel we shouldn't go due to the risk of COVID19. We expected the masks and no parades/characters. I'm disappointed about the lack of fireworks and the reduced hours, but October's hours were never going to be that late originally.

    We'll be happy to have a chance to go on some rides and eat at some of our favorite restaurants. Just waiting to see how those are working out once it's been open for several weeks.
     

    OffToDWD

    Mouseketeer
    Joined
    Mar 29, 2014
    Have a late July/early August trip that we're on the fence about. The restrictions don't bother us much... it's more whether or not we feel it's safe to be traveling including flying.
     

    P'colaBeachBum

    Go 'Noles!
    Joined
    Dec 31, 2010
    Have a Nov. 1-6 trip that I booked in Feb. We are in wait and see mode right now. If F&W is a no go that would sway us more to cancel. We have Salute Vouchers that we bought at the base for our May trip and are linked to my MDE. We don't plan to do any rides or shows and we always leave the parks before 3pm. Seen enough fireworks and we are beyond the meet and greet stage.
     
    Last edited:

    JH50

    Earning My Ears
    Joined
    Jun 18, 2019
    Haven't yet, but will be. We had a trip planned mid-August, with a cruise to Castaway Cay at the end. No way am I paying full price to get a partial experience. I am hopeful to get the deposits back due to everything going on, but will probably be out a few hundred dollars for the trip insurance.
     





    Connect

    Disney News and Updates





    SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.









    Top