Anyone Cancelling?

I’m getting tired of the go to line of “reduced experience for full price”. There will be changes, they have told you so, and so far the only major one that “everyone” tends to do is fireworks. They haven’t talked about rides or shutting things down, until they do people need to relax. The atmosphere is still Disney and the rides will still be functioning (until told otherwise) please stop acting like Disney is ripping you off. If those things that are being eliminated for now are important to you, please wait until they return and attend then.
Thats the point. What people are saying is they are cancelling & rescheduling BECAUSE of the reduced experience. Waiting for things to go back to normal. For some the reduced experience is no big deal. For others its huge. Its the deal breaker of going soon, or waiting it out.

We had a trip planned for April, which got cancelled. We re-booked for late September with free DDP, which is also now cancelled. We are, of course, very disappointed about that and the reduced entertainment and the restrictions and our now cancelled ADRs. But we've decided to sit tight and see how the new 60 booking window pans out, and hear what the folks who go in July and early August have to say. Our thinking is that less Disney is better than no Disney at all.

Lets be honest, that is unenforceable. They will NEVER kick out a family because of a 2 year old, could you imagine the fame your family would get if Disney kicked you out for that. Also they can not determine a child's age anyways.
That’s my thought too- we will do our best with the little one but no one knows how that will be tolerated. It’s just another factor in “we’ll have to see how it goes”.
I’m pretty sure we are going. Sept 15-23. We have annual passes that expire in Oct. If we keep the Sept trip we can get the partial refund on all (7) passes (although I don’t know how much that is yet). We transferred in SSR points this year and I got bay lake towers and beach club villas. Those reservations are hard for me to give up. I bought my airplane tickets back in Feb too so everything is already paid for. I could only get credit back for the flights and I don’t fly with my 5 kids all that often (or really ever). It just seems like the better option to go with the flow as of yet. As more information comes out I can still cancel if need be and bank the points.
One worry I do have is my mom was coming with us - she’s on the reservation but didn’t have a ticket yet. I wonder if I’ll be able to get her park reservations with us. This is all such a mess!!

We only have a hotel reservation for July 19-24. We are waiting for now, but there are so many unknowns. Also I have a 2 year old who will probably not keep a mask on. Since the announcement that 2 and up need to wear one, that greatly increases the chances of me canceling. Not sure how or when tickets will be available either or if they will be refundable still due to all the uncertainty...and honestly I am hoping to see how the first week goes along with the enforcement of masks.

From everything Disney has put out the only ppl. that will get a discount is those that were booked with free dining. The discount won't cover what they lost with the free dining, but I have seen no indication that Disney will be providing anyone else with new discounts.

Yeah, it's probably just hopeful speculation at this point. I guess nobody is going to know anything for sure until Disney starts making these calls. I can't imagine many passholders are willing to pay rack rate.

We were originally booked for this week. Rescheduled to mid-August. We have cancelled that and are now going 3rd week of June to the beach with 1-2 nights in Orlando. Debating on making a stop at Disney Springs.

I have two trips in August on the books, one with family, one with friends. I have no plans to cancel at this point. With a years advance planning already invested and all spring trips cancelled, I can't bring myself to cancel without a really good reason.

Just cancelled our late June DVC stays 😥
I was going to tough it out, but as things started to add up including
the not very clear pool situation (most Orlando hotels have a free boring pool... I love the feature pools and there's no guarantee of them right now at Disney)
+ masks in the Florida heat
+ closed parks
+ other good Orlando hotel options with clearly open fun pools and no requirement to suffocate myself with masks everywhere I go
+ Disney Springs making people wait in line to wait in line at World of Disney. I find good Disney stuff at the local Orlando Walmart without the frustration
We're vacationing elsewhere in Florida this time around.
We'll be back in September if things get better.

Booked for the middle of September, cancelling later tonight most likely. Sad to do it but it would be my brother's first time there and I don't think this would be a good first experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter