Anyone Cancelling?

disneydreamer781

Wé la oh mé la wé-la, wé-é yey-yé oh é yé.
Joined
May 24, 2016
I'm on the fence right now. Since my trip is in December I don't know what could change by then. I'm pretty sure the mandatory mask guideline will still be in place and I'm okay with that but I'm curious about how the experience itself will be affected. In the dark about events like fireworks, parades, etc. and how the park reservation system will work. This is an expensive trip so I really have to be totally on board and right now I can't say that this is the case. There is a very good chance that we may decide to wait until next Spring and just do something else this year.

There also is the fact that both my husband and I are in our 60s and he's in the higher risk category.
 
Last edited:

rotlex

Is it summer yet?
Joined
Feb 8, 2007
99% probability we will cancel. Two week trip\free dining bounce back for the first two weeks of August. Waiting it out until the last week of June, but frankly, unless they offer a huge package discount or credit due to restrictions, I think we will sit this year out. I just can't imagine paying full price for a trip with limited park access, shortened hours, no parades, fireworks etc. And yes, I also cannot picture walking around in the Florida heat with a mask on. I am NOT anti-mask, just anti passing out from the heat and having to deal with it while on a very expensive vacation.
 
  • scrappinginontario

    DIS Veteran
    Joined
    Nov 7, 2010
    Not yet but fully expecting that might happen in the future. We're booked mid-September but still too many unanswered questions to decide. For now, keeping our options open and keeping our reservation.
     

    MATTERHORN

    <font color=purple>HA HA take that all of you unco
    Joined
    Oct 27, 2003
    Yes, canceling for mid August. Not because of the restrictions, but because I don't trust people to adhere to the restrictions, especially being honest about their own health. I know most people are honest and considerate, but there is that small number of people who would fudge on the health questions because they don't want to give up an expensive vacation just because they've had a possible covid contact or one member of their party has slight symptoms. Heck, there's a percentage of people who say they don't believe the virus even exists! So until there's a reliable vaccine or the numbers are near zero I'm staying away because that's what I feel I need to do to keep my family safe.
    Perfectly said! I love when all the anti believers or anti mask wearers say "If you're sick, stay home." As if anyone who already clearly doesn't care would do that. Baffles me.

    I agree, there's not much chance people who are feeling sick not going. I read on the boards all the time how people are sick but sit in the hotel one day, then go again. No way to tell if they'll have it or if it's just a regular cold, etc at that point.
     

    antmaril

    DIS Veteran
    Joined
    Apr 1, 2001
    We have reservations at the Yacht Club for mid-November. We won’t be going. I haven’t canceled yet, but I will. We were there last November and had a wonderful trip. There is no urgency to go back under the circumstances. I love Disney, but we won’t be going any time soon. Sadly.
     
  • Boopuff

    DIS Veteran
    Joined
    Feb 27, 2015
    Re-booked our original June vacation to a late August. Now we're ready to pull the trigger and go in January. I'm not willing to give up the full experience. Plus with much hope, we will be back to "normal" by next year.
     

    loves to dive

    DIS Veteran
    Joined
    Aug 21, 2011
    I don't have one booked but actually plan on booking one for either Sept. or Oct. depending on if I can get tickets. I don't really care about the cancelled parades, fireworks or character meet and greets since we don't do any of that. If some rides are cancelled, again no big deal as we don't do that many. Closing the parks at night in the hottest time of year when night time is better is a bit of a bummer but oh well. Wearing a mask will be a bummer but again, oh well. By Sept. or Oct. it will have been 8 or 9 months since I've been and that is the longest I've been without going in years. I'm fine with spending most of my time at the resort (hope the pools are open) and just going to the parks a little. I'm thinking there will be no park hoppers with the reservation system, which will be the first time in over 30 years of going that we haven't had PHs but again, oh well. Frankly, by then I will just need to get away from hubby or I might do something drastic.
     

    Spencer Wright

    Constantly craving a zebra dome...
    Joined
    Jul 31, 2017
    Not yet. I have late August booked and I'm waiting on more specifics before I do anything. We still want to go, but it could depend on what's open (restaurants, lounges, rides), if park hopping is possible, park hours, etc.
    I am mid August and in the same boat as you. I can work with reduced hours and maybe resort hop/ explore/ enjoy local attractions, but I wonder what will even b available.
     

    DisneyWishes14

    DIS Veteran
    Joined
    Nov 21, 2011
    We have short trips planned for both November and December and I'm not canceling them as of now. We are APs and go often, so I'm perfectly fine with a limited experience. The trip in November is a two-nighter for a milestone birthday and, while I had hoped for MVMCP and V&A, if I get walking down Main St. and an ice cream cone, that would be fine too! I'm actually considering booking for August or earlier if it's possible. All of our summer plans completely fell through including my DS12's summer school and our Rhine cruise ABD. I'm just waiting to see what the park reservation process looks like and what type of accommodations we might be able to book. We have a ton of JetBlue and Delta credits from our spring break trip being canceled. We'll see!
     
  • Robertfam08

    Mouseketeer
    Joined
    Mar 25, 2014
    I'm not cancelling. I keep thinking what the parks will be like with only a small percentage of guests in them. Like the old, old, old days!
    Totally respect your choices.
    This is exactly how we're looking at it. Not focusing on what we can't do but what we CAN do with such limited capacity. It's just DH and I booked for a Labor Day week trip. We were already mainly focused on riding rides we usually can't with little ones, eating out (anywhere!) without little ones, and taking in the atmosphere. As far as I can tell our experience won't be altered all that much for our plans. If we were taking kiddos, WAY different story. We're all about the character meals, parades, and shows with them.
     

    Toolulu22

    DIS Veteran
    Joined
    Feb 22, 2015
    Just booked plane tickets for our December trip. Who knows what will be going on then. Second wave? If we need to change, we’ll deal with later. Don’t love wearing a mask, but have gotten used to the fact that it will likely be a part of life until Covid-19 is squashed with a vaccine or by other means. Maybe it doesn’t bother me as much because wearing a mask is more normalized here in NY.

    As for going back to how things were. How much more pleasant will it be not to be squooshed like sardines? If there is a better way to queue for rides than standing in ridiculously long lines at all times of the day, I hope they keep it. So, I for one do not want everything to go back to exactly how it was before COVID. I hope for things to get better- in terms of the outbreak but also in terms of the park experience. It was not ideal in recent years. My two cents.
     

    TinkerTracy

    DIS Veteran
    Joined
    Jul 15, 2005
    We have a July 17-26 trip planned as of now! We are weighing all of our options right now. We have a DVC stay booked and I am hopeful that we will still make our trip. We are considering driving down instead of flying in order to cut down on close quarters with others. I guess we will see what information comes out in the next few weeks before making a final decision.

    This was also meant to be our honeymoon trip and I am just trying to hold on to SOME hope!
     

    emilymad

    DIS Veteran
    Joined
    Sep 17, 2003
    Haven't yet but 90% sure we will for mid July. We are waiting for more details to be announced. We are going to still travel to Florida but just do other things. I completely understand Disney putting the changes in place but there is no corresponding price reduction. If I could get a refund on our half used AP's I would. If not, we may try for December just to get the use out of the passes.
     

    dismom58

    Disney Destined
    Joined
    Mar 17, 2007
    Holding two short two night trips one early oct was for mnsshp and good and wine and one early nov for christmas party depends on if these go or are canceled will wait till September to decide but beyond that not planning next year till things play out! As FP are enough of a challenge for us this reservation system may be too much to handle! After hours parties only for a while if they are held
     

    brockash

    DIS Veteran
    Joined
    Jul 16, 2008
    Willing to put up with everything but reduced hours and the parks only open during the day.
    This is us as well; the reduced hrs. (especially only being open in the heat of the day) and no water parks is what will make us cancel...if most shows are closed that'd also be a deal breaker for us. We've already deciding we're cutting 2 days out and will wait til late July July early Aug. to make final decision as to if we'll go or not in Sept.
     

    #1eeyoregirl

    Loving Life, Family and everything Disney
    Joined
    Nov 16, 2007
    We are booked for July 11-19 and not canceling as of yet. Our deciding factor will be how the reservation system works. If we are not able to secure park days then it makes no sense to go.
     





    Connect

    Disney News and Updates





    SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.









    Top