Anyone Cancelling?

On Saturday, I woke up at 6 AM to book FastPasses for a trip I was 50/50 on whether we'd go (I was in NW Florida, so Central timezone). We talked and decided we won't be going in July, given how close to opening our trip would be. But still, the news tonight that all FP+ will be cancelled is a bit shocking. I have now officially cancelled the July reservation. Also went ahead and cancelled the September one, since we are thinking it'll be later in the fall before we go back. On the bright side (looking hard for a silver lining in all of this), my FP day for the September trip would have been Saturday of another holiday weekend, and now I'll get to sleep in instead of getting up early to book FPs.

My husband and I have a Disney discussion once a day. We have a DVC reservation at Copper Creek for Thanksgiving week. It's our Biennial Family Adventure. We have to decide no later than July 31, our banking date for a December use year. There are so many questions, especially with all the updates released today. Southwest opened up their flight schedule and I was ready to purchase our tickets. Now I'm glad that I waited.

Will new ticket sales be prioritized to guests with room reservations?
Will theme park reservations be prioritized to resort guests? AP holders?
Will park hopping be suspended to allow more guests access to a park?
Will guests be limited to a set amount of time inside a park?
Is the value still going to be there with reduced offerings?
Will the rules be enforced?

I was on the fence about cancelling but if they are cancelling our free dining plan, DH will not want to go as we booked that bounceback instead of the room discount. We booked last year for this December. He will not be happy paying full rate for everything for a less experience. :sad1: We will hope to go next year when hopefully things improve and/or we can get a discount.

Sorry to say, but I just read that Disney is canceling all dining plans for the remainder of the year

I told my son about the new policies including the mask rule and he said "not worth it". Unless this changes by September we will cancel.

Seriously considering it. We have a big family gathering with a grand villa and two studios booked. My sister wants to give it until the end of July to decide. My older brother and his wife are leaning toward not going. I'm just worn out and want to call it quits. This isn't the Disney I love. I can't gather any enthusiasm for this trip anymore.

Sorry to say, but I just read that Disney is canceling all dining plans for the remainder of the year
Yeah, we are cancelling. As we booked rack rate for free dining and it's not worth the cost now. :confused3Maybe next December, I will miss Disney World but maybe there will still be some 50th stuff in December next year and that would be cool. We were at DL's 50th Christmas and it was magical.:-)

Going ahead with our July 14 trip! The mask reality is annoying but whatever. Am hoping the reduced capacity and lack of crowds will compensate.
Hey! Also have a trip July 14th that im going ahead with! Adult only trip :) If I had a family I absolutely wouldnt go, too much magic gone for little ones. But for me the reduced capacity is perfect. Already seen the parades done the meet and greets. Losing the ADR was annoying... since all those are being cancelled... but hopefully well be able to rebook those once Disney figures out the new system. Still cant believe they got rid of ALL ADR/Fast Pass. But it makes sense.

With the news that they are cancelling all DDP (why do they need to cancel QSDP?) and the restrictions they are adding I am now seriously considering cancelling whereas before I was 50/50 depending on sorting my flights out since VA stopped flying from Gatwick. I'm wondering if Trump will cancel the travel ban on flights from the UK before the end of the year too. I'm glad I'm a solo visitor as I only have to think about myself, I feel sorry for families with excited kids who have had to cancel or decided to cancel because of the cost.
Disney cannot afford to do price rises next year and they are going to have to come up with some good offers to entice people back early.

Hey! Also have a trip July 14th that im going ahead with! Adult only trip :) If I had a family I absolutely wouldnt go, too much magic gone for little ones. But for me the reduced capacity is perfect. Already seen the parades done the meet and greets. Losing the ADR was annoying... since all those are being cancelled... but hopefully well be able to rebook those once Disney figures out the new system. Still cant believe they got rid of ALL ADR/Fast Pass. But it makes sense.
I agree. I'm 50/50 about going back in Sept, but, the thought of reduced capacity is hugely appealing. As a regular solo guest I've seen all the regular stuff and I'm wondering if this could be more relaxing going back to the old days before FP of any kind and you just went with the flow.
I am disppointed about the cancellation of the DDP, I had the QSDP and I don't understand the point of cancelling that, if I'm right only BoG is an ADR on that. I also have to wait to see if Trump will lift the UK travel ban on top of everything. I would be nice if Disney comped those of us who booked full vacations before this trip (rooms, tickets, DDPs) with a gift card because they are going to see numbers of visitors and sales of merch, food etc fall dramatically.

We have decided to cancel our September trip. Now we were probably not going to be allowed to travel anyway (flying in from Norway, through the UK), but with the canceling of our free dining plan it wasn't even worth waiting to see what will happen. We'll just have to hope that we'll get our money back from our flights as well.

We had a September/October trip plan and canceled it months ago. We won't be back until there is a vaccine. I was really looking forward to celebrating my 50th birthday there but I don't trust other people to be considerate of the health of others.

Well we're out. Canceling of our free dining booked almost a year ago has made the decision for us to cancel all 4 trips we had planned throughout the rest of this year. Not all trips were with free dining, but on top of everything else the fact that they would be dishonest, crooked and sleazy well that was it for our group. It'll be a long time before we consider doing business with them. My sister and mom actually decided they're also canceling their Disney+ subscriptions. I know none of it matters to Disney, but man what a disgrace. I'm hoping we're able to find a new place to keep our family reunions and multi-generational memories. It's really sad honestly.

I agree. I'm 50/50 about going back in Sept, but, the thought of reduced capacity is hugely appealing. As a regular solo guest I've seen all the regular stuff and I'm wondering if this could be more relaxing going back to the old days before FP of any kind and you just went with the flow.
I am disppointed about the cancellation of the DDP, I had the QSDP and I don't understand the point of cancelling that, if I'm right only BoG is an ADR on that. I also have to wait to see if Trump will lift the UK travel ban on top of everything. I would be nice if Disney comped those of us who booked full vacations before this trip (rooms, tickets, DDPs) with a gift card because they are going to see numbers of visitors and sales of merch, food etc fall dramatically.
The point is now they get to take more of your money...they're not going to let anyone add any kind of discount or make modifications at this point. I also have absolutely no realistic belief that wait times for anything will be lower. They're going to go as cheap as they can on the staff...if anything wait times will most likely be worse due to the added cleaning/precautions. Now walking around the park should be less crowded.

I wasn't going to cancel until today, I want to cancel now. The masks, distancing, capacity, reservations for parks, etc. did not bother me but something about the removal of dining got to me. I thought it could happen, but I guess I just wish it would be accompanied with hope like those who had their ADRs canceled will get the first chance when they do release reservations, or WDW guests will still get their +10. Maybe it's because I (like many) spent hours planning my dining and FP and it doesn't matter now. Or maybe it's because I've been trying to roll with the punches and at some point, you're going to get hit.

Last edited:
I wasn't going to cancel until today, I want to cancel now. The masks, distancing, capacity, reservations for parks, etc. did bother me but something about the removal of dining got to me. I thought it could happen, but I guess I just wish it would be accompanied with hope like those who had their ADRs canceled will get the first chance when they do release reservations, or WDW guests will still get their +10. Maybe it's because I (like many) spent hours planning my dining and FP and it doesn't matter now. Or maybe it's because I've been trying to roll with the punches and at some point, you're going to get hit.
Don’t feel sad. None of us know how the parks/resorts will be when they reopen. People guess, nothing more and some people are naysayers, others enjoy forecasting doom and gloom; it isn’t malicious, it is just their way.
Wait patiently until Disney/ Universal makes a clear announcement. Personal experience tells me that life is a much better place, if I remain optimistic. And as and when the parks reopen, stick that smile on your face and enjoy the experience. It may be a different experience but that doesn’t have to make it a bad experience.

We were super excited to make it all work until today when they took away free dining. I thought it would be fun to go when the parks are at low capacity but now I’m not sure it’s worth the price. I started looking to see if lines are Shanghai Disney are short (they are only allowing 30% capacity) but with all the new social distancing and under filled rides, lines are actually pretty bad. At 5pm at the park a lot of waits were >60min. I would imagine WDW will be similar and without fastpasses we are probably just going to have to wait till things are more normal. I can’t justify spending even more money now that they took away our free dining.

People guess, nothing more and some people are naysayers, others enjoy forecasting doom and gloom; it isn’t malicious, it is just their way.
I can assure you, there is not one single negative comment I've made that I enjoyed. That's really, really insulting to those of us who have been sitting here since March, believing Disney would do the right thing, changing reservations, changing vacation time, trying to adjust flights, accepting paying more because they refused *and are still refusing* to honor previously booked discounts, dealing with disappointed children and rolling with every punch only to find out that Disney knew for a long time what their intent was, but wanted our money enough they were willing to be deceptive about it and keep people hanging on.

What you call naysayers, I call realistic. The day I have to "stick a smile" on my face to go to WDW, instead of that smile coming naturally and coming because it's such an amazing experience, is the day I don't go.

I can assure you, there is not one single negative comment I've made that I enjoyed. That's really, really insulting to those of us who have been sitting here since March, believing Disney would do the right thing, changing reservations, changing vacation time, trying to adjust flights, accepting paying more because they refused *and are still refusing* to honor previously booked discounts, dealing with disappointed children and rolling with every punch only to find out that Disney knew for a long time what their intent was, but wanted our money enough they were willing to be deceptive about it and keep people hanging on.

What you call naysayers, I call realistic. The day I have to "stick a smile" on my face to go to WDW, instead of that smile coming naturally and coming because it's such an amazing experience, is the day I don't go.
You seem to have taken my post very personally, whereas in fact it wasn’t directed at any individual, other than the person to whom I replied, who sounded rather sad. I was empathising and acknowledging, that sometimes, it is hard to trudge through the quagmire of ‘bad news’, and gloom. I am sorry that you saw my post as a personal affront and I am sorry that you feel unable to smile through it. I am in the same boat as many others, perhaps worse as I have international borders to negotiate, but I suppose that I have a different way of dealing with life’s curveballs. I very much hope, that in time, you will rediscover the Disney of your dreams.
And again, I apologise if you are offended by anything I have written.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter